Epic Perfect World

Seeker Guide?

Offline HighLander

• Some Guy. Hai.
  • Sometimes I just Dont Care.
  • Characters: QZMO, SwordHERO
  • Faction: None right now.
Hey guys, I played PWI since the Rising Tide expansion but left before Genesis, Ive read up and am somewhat "Up-To-Date" with all the stuff on regular PWI, except how a seeker is played/built, so my first char here is going to be a seeker, any tips/recommends?

Generally I see him having a good amount of dex since he has a sword, but hearing that it can do alot of damage from a distance is what confuses me.
Difficulty level on Barb class:

Avatar is Still The Best Show E.V.E.R.

KhaZix

Big damage of skills.
Almost all his skills can be used from a distance, like uhm. Heartseeker (idk if the name is right) you can immobilize people from a distance. Seeker's are really OP and do a big amount of damage.
I don't know the build so, maybe you can pm Thirujo in-game.

Offline Excursio

• Excursio-150 Seeker
  • Ducks-Excursio
  • Characters: Excursio
  • Faction: Ducks
:) Hello,FYI Seekers arent that OP lol,they could be drop easy with stuns and silences while being bombarded with lots of magic attacks,as for how u would play a seeker it kinda depends; i personally only put 228 dex(with equips on) on mah toon and i invested all other stat points to STR,all of my armors are being given vit stones
its true they can do big damages and all i personally use this combos:
*Magic Combo,for HA/LA*
Sacrificial ( Wear Def lvl weap)+Fortify(genie)->QPQ->Blade Affinity->Ion Spike(switch to dragon LS)->Heartseeker->Battousai
*Phys Combo,for AA*
Sacrificial ( Wear Def lvl weap)+Tangling Mire ( Genie skill)->QPQ->Blade Affinity->Gemini->Arme Nier
I Always have parchedblade buff on for stuns and also i switched to aps from time to time :) cause u might need aps sometimes, thats all from me,if u want more info or something u can pm Hyuga in game
Update
changed mah combo :o but its all in ur own preference
Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 01:26 pm by Hyuga, Reason: Better Combo Chain
Excursio★ 150 R8 Sage Seeker

Offline Arekkusu

Similar to what Hyuga said, it all depends. Are you wanting to do more PvP, or PvE stuff in game? That alone will determine somewhat how the character will be "built," though not too much.

I have played both Sage and Demon version of Seekers, because both paths have decent skills. No matter which path I choose, I always go with a maximum of 220 dexterity (fully unequipped). 218 I believe is the bare minimum to use 150 weapons, but adding the extra 2 points will give you another 1% crit. Then all remaining points get dumped into strength. This way I do the most damage possible per hit.

Next is deciding which path to choose. I mainly PvE, so I can't really speak on the PvP side of things. But Sage and Demon both have decent skills for PvE. Demon Vortex has a chance to stun when it hits, while Sage increases the range by 2 meters. I would suggest looking here to see which skills appeal to you more.

Offline laszroth

• lightbearer
  • Logic
  • Characters: xLuciferx
  • Faction: Aether Director
:) Hello,FYI Seekers arent that OP lol,they could be drop easy with stuns and silences while being bombarded with lots of magic attacks,as for how u would play a seeker it kinda depends; i personally only put 228 dex(with equips on) on mah toon and i invested all other stat points to STR,all of my armors are being given vit stones
its true they can do big damages and all i personally use this combos:
*Magic Combo,for HA/LA*
Blade Affinity->Sacrificial ( Wear Def lvl weap)+Fortify(genie)->QPQ->Ion Spike(switch to dragon LS)->Heartseeker->Battousai
*Phys Combo,for AA*
Blade Affinity->Sacrificial ( Wear Def lvl weap)+Tangling Mire ( Genie skill)->QPQ->Gemini->Arme Nier
I Always have parchedblade buff on for stuns and also i switched to aps from time to time :) cause u might need aps sometimes, thats all from me,if u want more info or something u can pm Hyuga in game

Like any other class, no class is OP.

like to bump this up incase someone has a seeker as well.

all levels & classes welcome, we do BH NW TW DS PvP PK PvE FBQ etc etc.

a few rules, No fighting in faction, No pking other members, most of all?
Have FUN!

whisper me ingame or Rosalita to join :)

150 r8 Sage Seeker xLuciferx
150 Demon Barb XGrav
136 Sin Chotic_Slash (soon to be sage)
135 Archer Leraje
136 BM Lightbearer (soon to be demon)

Offline laszroth

• lightbearer
  • Logic
  • Characters: xLuciferx
  • Faction: Aether Director
Hey guys, I played PWI since the Rising Tide expansion but left before Genesis, Ive read up and am somewhat "Up-To-Date" with all the stuff on regular PWI, except how a seeker is played/built, so my first char here is going to be a seeker, any tips/recommends?

Generally I see him having a good amount of dex since he has a sword, but hearing that it can do alot of damage from a distance is what confuses me.

I know this is some what of an old topic but gonna add to it anyways.

you need to put str str str and MORE str, you can put VIT stone+20 in gears later and if you want? add DEX to the weapon the duel swords but always remember you cant out duel a sin thats just crazy if you do, so my advise is long sword with +20 str stones and use duel swords on mobs/boss's or another class.

all levels & classes welcome, we do BH NW TW DS PvP PK PvE FBQ etc etc.

a few rules, No fighting in faction, No pking other members, most of all?
Have FUN!

whisper me ingame or Rosalita to join :)

150 r8 Sage Seeker xLuciferx
150 Demon Barb XGrav
136 Sin Chotic_Slash (soon to be sage)
135 Archer Leraje
136 BM Lightbearer (soon to be demon)

Offline xLunaEclipse

• Characters: xLunaEclipse, BuffPlz
  • Faction: Salvation
With seeker is quite easy. even Apsing with LA/HA gear is really easy :) i've floored many 3 spark sins with just apsing on my seeker and it kicks butt xD some of them with OP r8 and hit 4.0 aps will beat you though but seeker quite easy repetivive combo to tell you thet ruth

Blade Affinity > Sacrafical slash with fortify > qpq and metal attacks
or
Blade aff > sacra  mire with gemini

PRAY FOR GOF CRIT LELELE :D

Offline Excursio

• Excursio-150 Seeker
  • Ducks-Excursio
  • Characters: Excursio
  • Faction: Ducks
Updated.
I have recently changed mah build to putting some more dex :o if im not wrong i has 300 dex base for some crits and accuracy.And as a seeker u would also need to learn quick swap/changes :o which enables u to camp def lvl and aps and spike.i personally put mah R8 on F1-F4 and Dragon from F5-F8 as for weapon i put them on by clicking on it,as of the Moment mah R8 sword has Faith Sacred Stone or something which is kinda nice from time to time due to its increase in pdef and mdef although DX it may seem a bit useless.i might have to change it soon and :o yeah like i said Seekers arent that OP especially now.Since most of the classes now are harder to kill. :P
Excursio★ 150 R8 Sage Seeker