Epic Perfect World

Downloading client , Windows 8

Offline WildWolf

New laptop ive recently received from Christmas

Has windows 8 on it Hp 64-bit

Anyways
 i tried all the direct download files once they are finished downloading( took less then 5 sec to download)

i cant open or extract the zipped epw files gives me the error saying "invalid or this file is empty" .

Okay.... so i try torrent download option with bittorrent

the file downloads within 5sec , i click on it to open the torrent and start, thing is it also gives me an error ( i forgot what it said)

so i tried again later and i clicked the torrent file and it didn't nothing , open bit torrent but did nothing didn't come up didn't stat downloading. Nothing

so now im at a road bock i read your FAQ and well nothing helped there so im starting a topic.

Thanks , Wolf
150 Demon veno : woIf

(The L in my name is really a capsized i )

I draw art you can view more here: http://wildwolvess.deviantart.com/gallery/

vlntbty

Do you have an extraction program? WinRar? WinZip? 7Zip?

Offline Bre.

• lelo.
  • Characters: Strategist
This.

Because I have Win 8, and had no problems with it. o.o

[16:47:01] Bre: this creeps me out.
[16:47:32] Zilara: Lmfaoo

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
This.

Because I have Win 8, and had no problems with it. o.o
me neither anhahhahahah xDDDDDDD lol :pppppp
i feel like i'm dead

Offline WildWolf

7zip last time i checked.

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
does anyone read the part that he needed 5 sec to download 7GBs? 
Maybe antivirus mess up downloading or something..

Offline ChicaBomb

• fuck france
  • breadstick
If you played EPW on your old pc and still have all the files on there, network epw across from old pc to new laptop.
when InTake gets ct buff

Offline WildWolf

If you played EPW on your old pc and still have all the files on there, network epw across from old pc to new laptop.

Yeah i was thinking of doing that would be a lot faster and easier, however i will have to go borrow a USB.

Offline Bre.

• lelo.
  • Characters: Strategist
Yeah i was thinking of doing that would be a lot faster and easier, however i will have to go borrow a USB.
Why not just burn it on a disc?

[16:47:01] Bre: this creeps me out.
[16:47:32] Zilara: Lmfaoo

Offline ChicaBomb

• fuck france
  • breadstick

You can link your PC's directly with a network cable/ethernet cable.
Would probably give you a faster transfer speed too than doing it by USB.
when InTake gets ct buff

vlntbty

If you're downloading a 7gb file in less than 5 seconds, there is something corrupting your download. Try disabling your antivirus while you're downloading. Or you can transfer from your old PC to your new one and hope the files don't get corrupted. I have Windows 8 as well and had no problems downloading, extracting, updating, etc.

Offline WildWolf

You can link your PC's directly with a network cable/ethernet cable.
Would probably give you a faster transfer speed too than doing it by USB.

You would have to walk me threw the steps to active that im not a super computer wizzy but i do know the basics.

Offline WildWolf

If you're downloading a 7gb file in less than 5 seconds, there is something corrupting your download. Try disabling your antivirus while you're downloading. Or you can transfer from your old PC to your new one and hope the files don't get corrupted. I have Windows 8 as well and had no problems downloading, extracting, updating, etc.
agree it didnt seem right to me is why i made the topic. Also i'll try that.

Offline ChicaBomb

• fuck france
  • breadstick

You would have to walk me threw the steps to active that im not a super computer wizzy but i do know the basics.

After you've connected the two computers with a cross-over cable/ethernet cable/network link

Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type network, and then click Network and Sharing Center.

In the network map at the top of Network and Sharing Center, double-click the Unidentified network‍ icon. (If you have more than one network, this icon will be labeled Multiple networks.)

If network discovery and file sharing are turned off, in Network, click the information bar containing the following message: "Network discovery and file sharing are turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change" and then click Turn on network discovery and file sharing.
when InTake gets ct buff