Epic Perfect World

I got scammed

Offline KiλλαBεεツ

• Koγηto εργo σuμ zoνα ∞
  • Ρεαλ kεεπ ιτ ρεαλ - 1ΘΘ
  • Faction: ∞
I am writing this because there are no GM's currently online in game.

It occurred at around 11:40ST when somebody called Vanatorul PM'd me saying he would like to give me 80gold for a Christmas present. I assumed this legit because I thought it was the Vanatorul Director of ArchEnemy who is also a very good friend of mine. This "fake" Vanatorul (which I realised after I was scammed) asked for my username and password in order for him to transfer the 80 gold. I gave it to him (thinking it was the real Vanatorul.) He then asked for my e-mail address which made it unnaturally suspicious that this person wasn't the real Vanatorul. Then I asked this "fake"  Vanatorul a few questions to prove his legitimacy and I got booted/force logged. I quickly changed my password on the panel and forced logged back in-game. Alot of things were missing. My both my R8 weapons (one had purge, one had defence lvls), 1.6k ec, 12wwis and tons of R8 mats. My gear wasn't taken because I have a bad habit of binding my gear which actually proved useful.

P.S. The real Vanatorul (director of ArchEnemy is completely innocent in this and had nothing to do with me getting scammed.)

If a GM reads this, can you pm me please (IGN = KillaBee).
Know your place.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
No matter how much we will spam about not sharing login and password and be aware of impersonators, some people will still do it. Also transferring Gold? How would it even be possible?

We ban these scammers everyday, unfortunately almost everyone has non static IP so it's difficult to track their all accounts and perma ban it. This scammer will be banned asap with all linked accounts.

Regarding your items lost, I am sorry for that, but they can't be recovered. Some lessons are tougher than others...

Offline Plus

• Beginner
A word from the wise never give Anyone your user name or password it can lead to bad things in the future if u give someone the email and common sence

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
No matter how much we will spam about not sharing login and password and be aware of impersonators, some people will still do it. Also transferring Gold? How would it even be possible?

We ban these scammers everyday, unfortunately almost everyone has non static IP so it's difficult to track their all accounts and perma ban it. This scammer will be banned asap with all linked accounts.

Regarding your items lost, I am sorry for that, but they can't be recovered. Some lessons are tougher than others...

Answered. Please read what Agatio said and PLEASE DON'T SHARE ACCOUNT INFORMATION.

Closed.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c: