Epic Perfect World

Heavy EP / Cleric

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
If youre a support/slave ep, then this server is right for you. While things arent balanced completely (but hey which server is?), any class is viable on here and you can most definitely use a hybrid build support cleric with no problems. Ive seen certain eps tank for days with the right equips (ie. hybrid, def level weap build).

lbstorm01

Or at 140 just buy a set of demonic gear... How much would it cost in USD to buy the end game gear?

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
In my opinion, clerics are strong on this server. Clerics have good morai skills, you can easily have seal of gods, magic shackles (both pain in my ass). You can pk with a cleric on this server like nowhere else and become much harder to kill with a good genie.
Choosing between r8 set (full Arcane with all the bonuses) or getting some heavy parts (support, protection vs. crazy op EAs and less crazy op sins) depends on your play style. I used to play a DD-support Cleric on a different server and did well. On this server clerics are mules/slaves for kids playing EAS, Sins. You can go both ways, I personally could never be a pure support Cleric, considering how bad most factions are.
About farming, it used to be harder few months ago. Nowadays you earn your ecs while doing whatever you like; this is one of stronger sides of EPW.
Last Edit: Dec 25, 2013, 03:57 pm by littlelupe

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
Or at 140 just buy a set of demonic gear... How much would it cost in USD to buy the end game gear?

With the way current things are, gears are easy to get. The only hard part is reshaping for the stats that you want on those gears and getting the endgame orns.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
The best thing about this server is that while donating gives you a slight edge on the speed of how you get endgame gear, it's not the end-all to get endgame gear.  I personally have 4 r8 characters (3 that can actually wear it) and it was farmed all in game. 

As for your cleric question, while I don't play cleric as a main (it took a lot out of me to even try one at all--admittedly, they are fun to play), I was also curious about this because my cleric is purely for supporting.  The consensus to go ha/r8 mix.  Just experiment.  Worst that can happen is you need to restat, and those things are pretty darn cheap.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Deea

• My name is Deea
  • not Dea QQ
EPW is more balanced than other servers(Ik what he means honestly my fav classes are wf and cleric and on some server they are really squishy).Actually depends of sin's gear.There will be sins that don't know what plume shell means/ a stun is and you will survive with no problem.There are 2x int sins that know what they do and some that live in brainlagg village and got nothing to do with their class.You need practice.That's all.and there are sins with 3x int that can be a pain in butt( I played as support cleric in Worms for not long.I was dragon.Ty Zilara for making sins pay all attention on her).You will learn in time :D

Offline ₤ίɭ₮

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: *~Nazirema~*, Ethereality
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Any arcane tanks.

Offline Alee

• Characters: AIee
Lilt god tank AA ep all phy reduce gear and +30 def lv wep. Tank Asia

Offline Kewee

• Old Player
  • It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”
  • Faction: GoodGame
Fixed it for you.
:normal-2: :normal-13: :normal-2:
Sad because it's true. Diogo smart

Offline Kewee

• Old Player
  • It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”
I know I am. Much high IQ.
Plis be tutor  :normal-12:

Offline Kewee

• Old Player

Offline Martylka

• see you next time
  • coming back like a boomerang
  • Characters: Martylka, Eulika
I don't think heavy EP is a good idea due to smaller magic attack (and healing as well). All of the points needed for heavy armor (for str and dex) supposed to be in magic... It's quite a lot of wasted points this way (if You're planning to wear heavy).

Moreover, heavy armor makes You sensitive to magic damage. Cleric have skills to protect himself from physical damage (Plume Shell, Vanguard) but not as much for magic one.
Magic protection should be done by AA set.

My cleric, r8 AA pure magic build with recasted dragon cape, recasted reputation ring and def weapon have 53 def lvl, 17k phys res (26k with Vanguard, for 10 sec, repeatable) and 32k mag res (all in self buffs only). So it's quite tanky one. And it's still AA armor.

Offline 🌙

• sux
  • not doing commissions pls do not ask
Last Edit: Feb 09, 2015, 03:00 pm by ♪

Offline Martylka

• see you next time
  • coming back like a boomerang
  • Characters: Martylka, Eulika
you will die in less than 10 seconds to phys damage unless you panic AD/sutra/belief. then it'll be like, 15 seconds.

You're talking about fair fight 1v1, when I can see opponent, not stabbing from the back?
If this would be true (= in such situations) clerics would be tragically underbalanced class in this game.

And it is normal that cleric can't survive'1 vs. many' situations and multiplied physical damage. Want to play tank, go barb.

The only thing here is 'the less defense You have, the stronger hit You have'. Sad but true.
Want to play heavy - You sacrifice all of the points required for wear heavy. Want to have phys res addons in r8 armor - it means You sacrifice possible slots for'+magic', '+max magic damage', '+crit. hit', '+chann' slots etc.
Cleric should also keep in mind that their r8 set is only AA. If he choose heavy his endgame armor would be dragon.

For me the hit I can make in heavy armor would make me feel powerless. So I stayed AA.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Why dont just make LA cleric with DS, Supreme Robe, Emperors ring and few good stats on r8 wep like reduced channel and stuff? Thats in between of AA/HA, higher survivability that AA and more damage/healing effect than HA.