Epic Perfect World

Heavy EP / Cleric

lbstorm01

Hi folks,

Before all merry x-mas to you all :) . I am a player looking for a good private server and I wanted to give Epic a shot. I also noticed that you require a lot of farming before you can get to end game pvp gear so before doing so I got some querstions about class I love. Could anyone explain how clerics work end game on this server?

I normally play heavy sage support EP and would like to know how well do they perform end game. Can you actually support your team or you get insta gibed. Is arcane EP viable or you need to go heavy to survive assassins?

Best regards,
Nuke

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Hi folks,

Before all merry x-mas to you all :) . I am a player looking for a good private server and I wanted to give Epic a shot. I also noticed that you require a lot of farming before you can get to end game pvp gear so before doing so I got some querstions about class I love. Could anyone explain how clerics work end game on this server?

I normally play heavy sage support EP and would like to know how well do they perform end game. Can you actually support your team or you get insta gibed. Is arcane EP viable or you need to go heavy to survive assassins?

Best regards,
Nuke
Only thing arcane can survive is 1v1, in mass pk you either go HA , or you die. They can survive mass pk, but depending on the AA of the squad.
i feel like i'm dead

Offline 🌙

• sux
  • not doing commissions pls do not ask
Last Edit: Feb 09, 2015, 03:00 pm by ♪

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic
Hi I play cleric as my main.

End game gear consists of r8. Full r8 bonus gives +20 Defense Levels, Physical Damage Reduced by 15%, and +25 Attack Levels.
Some people play as a mix between r8 and HA gear. They survive a little longer against Assassins, but they have a much harder time killing.
Others (like me), play as full AA with r8. With the use of genie, sage skills, and normal cleric survival skills (Plume Shell, Guadian Light, Pious Blessing), we do pretty well against assassins. Genies allow use to become immune to damage and survive Sparks.
I personally like AA cleric, but I have never bothered trying HA because I would hate not being able to DD.
Another feature is the r8 weapons. We can get Defense levels, Physical Damage Reductions, and Purify Spell. Purify has a chance to remove debuffs and increase your speed for a little while when being attacked. This really helps against Assassins.

I hope you enjoy epic, and have fun playing as a cleric! If you know your class well and play it right, any class can be powerful.

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Hi and Welcome.. Merry Christmas
I don't play cleric but trust me EPW is best private server (i think its better then pwi anyways). And im not saying this coz i play here its coz i have tried others.. Happy Gaming..

lbstorm01

I come from a server where sins are 5.0 with berserk weapon. There is no chance you can do anything as AA there. You will use double expel trying to live and then puff goes your hp. I dont need to kill anything as I am goin full support build. So Attack levels and stuff like that are out of no interest.

I guess sins are op here as on any other server so. How many sins can you tank as a heavy cleric? and how many as arcane since you said that arcane is viable. Can you survive 2 dedicated sins who keep hunting only you in team fights?

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
Depends on how much you kite.

Offline Bre.

• lelo.
  • Characters: Strategist
Depends on how much you kite.
You don't even know how to kite, my dear student. You just stand and get dropped. Ahahahahahaha

[16:47:01] Bre: this creeps me out.
[16:47:32] Zilara: Lmfaoo

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
You don't even know how to kite, my dear student. You just stand and get dropped. Ahahahahahaha
:'(

Offline Naosu

• Boop
With R8 if you build your gear completely defensive you can last against a sin. I don't like the R8/HA build, but when it comes to nation wars I'll switch to it. Yes it's for survival so your ATTACKS don't mean much, but your heals are crap too. Now if you are just healing yourself or healing anything that doesn't have a million hp, you're fine. But seekers can be difficult to keep healed, barbs are ridiculous, and probably vit bms as well.

Personally, the way I have my cleric's gear, she can stand on her own against many sins. I can 1v1 some of my friends and beat them with my R8 AA set. In PK if I can survive fairly well with a good squad. In TW if I have people in my cata squad that understand keep everyone away from me, I rarely die. In NW... Well... I stopped going on my cleric because it's stressful even with R8/HA build.
What am I even doing?

lbstorm01

Is it possible to farm the gear needed with only my cleric... Or do I need to make a farm aps char like sin / bm / barb?

Offline Bre.

• lelo.
  • Characters: Strategist
Is it possible to farm the gear needed with only my cleric... Or do I need to make a farm aps char like sin / bm / barb?
Possible but it takes way longer.

[16:47:01] Bre: this creeps me out.
[16:47:32] Zilara: Lmfaoo

lbstorm01

How long would it require to setup a end game pvp char?

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants

Its not hard at all... I made a mystic and haven't done any TT run for money just when it got revamped i tried it and thats it... Do BH then from divine pick quest that gives epic coins. Also there Custom Events (Save Princes, Summpor camp, Glee...) where u need to kill mobs (awesome drops)  and good part is some of them are physical immune so sin can't KS it :)  Free gold every 6h ( get 2x 85 silver) and Nation War for supply tokens which u can use for r8 mats VERY EASY VIVA LA EPW

P.S. I play only 4 months and already got 4 toons with end game gear so u figure :)
Last Edit: Dec 25, 2013, 02:43 am by ƔὌṖ

Offline Naosu

• Boop
It's very possible to farm with just your cleric. You can easily farm the 120, 130, and primal 140 gear. (Or at 140 just buy a set of demonic gear.) However you probably won't be able to do the new 2-3 runs and especially not 3-3 for EC. However, you can still farm EC chests from the rest of tt as well as other methods. Clerics are great for doing GV runs which get you EC and are usually in high demand.

Only reason I started farming with a sin is because it takes awhile with a cleric. ^^" It's more fun though. =P
What am I even doing?