Epic Perfect World

Dear Players

Offline RainsWolf

• My Little Boo
  • There are scars that make us who we are. But without them, we don't exist.
  • Characters: Ravenshield RainsWolf
  • Faction: GotMilk
thank you for the heads up guys

Offline Ace

• Stop bothering me.
  • Characters: Ace
  • Faction: Regicide Leader
if you know how to act and go about such a thing happening, you can get your stuff back. One of my members got tricked by one of these guys; luckily I was able to act fast enough and go through the appropriate channels and he was able to recover quite well and got his lost gear back. So yea, know what your doing and act fast enough you can get your stuff back. Trust gms, be reasonable, and provide appropriate evidence. Rules can work FOR you just as they can against you.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
if you know how to act and go about such a thing happening, you can get your stuff back. One of my members got tricked by one of these guys; luckily I was able to act fast enough and go through the appropriate channels and he was able to recover quite well and got his lost gear back. So yea, know what your doing and act fast enough you can get your stuff back. Trust gms, be reasonable, and provide appropriate evidence. Rules can work FOR you just as they can against you.
wow r u smart lol!!!!!! teach pls!!!!!! :normal-46:
i feel like i'm dead

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic
If you do get hacked, but regain your account, make sure to change all of your account details. Your email, email password, game password, bank codes etc. That way you won't get hacked again (unless you hand out your details again).

wow r u smart lol!!!!!! teach pls!!!!!! :normal-46:
He is very smart. You could learn a lot from him.

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
You should be happy if at least the person who hacked you gets ban. Here GMs try to do something compared to PWI. I got hacked 2 times and I send email...first time they actually banned my account lol...

My mom-in-law got banned for logging in once from California because they thought she was being hacked.  She was visiting us that year. >.>  They are quite...the fun things over there, lol.

Anyways, my husband and I (irl, he's sitting right next to me even) share our accounts with each other, but none of us ever log into the other's unless it's for emergency purposes.  And if anything comes up missing off mine, I know who to chase with a knife after. 

If you truly must do it with a family member or friend outside the home, then change the pw as soon as possible after.  Friends and some family members, as sad as it is, can go rogue.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
Moved to off topic to prevent post farming
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$ 

Offline Aarkshan

Obviously if you are able to prove your point, for example with screenshots that you have been scammed (and it wasn't your own fault - if you share your account, it's your fault), the items will be returned. But if there's no proof, what are GMs supposed to do? If they'd give everyone items just because they say they lost them anyone could easily lie about it just to get stuff.
and how they know that they are going to get scammed or not??

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team

How is SS afterwards going to prove anything then? For example:: Person takes SS and sends in, of account with no gear and says, "I got hacked."..what if its in bank? What if they dont have any?

Lord, I don't mean ss after the scam has happened, are you for real? I meant SEND US SSs of the scam happening or even during, if you suspect a scam, try contacting a gm. As Ace said, gear can be recovered. They sent us SSs of the scam character, of chat logs and of other things. Now you are just being ridiculous....

Anywho this thread has spiralled a little.
Moral of the story: don't share info. Be wary of trades and sales. Stay away from 3rd party sites not affiliated with EPW and SS any suspicious goings-on

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
Funny how ppl don't know how to keep there accounts safe. Maybe they should go to walmart and hand out there CC's then die off. I have been playing for god know's how long and not once has my info been given out to even my own brother...
The nonsense of it makes me.......
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
I gave my mom my account info 1 time. She scam my pan gu :/  Trust none aw
I'm basically 40

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
Bumping this.. Guys please do not give out info even if you trust the person
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$ 

Angelica

and how they know that they are going to get scammed or not??
Well, if a player with your friend's name PMs you and wants items/account infos and you really feel like it's necessary to give it out at least contact them on skype or something before just to make sure.

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish