Epic Perfect World

Need more "Epica" please!!!

Offline Shinkinichi

• LOVE!!!
I'm serious! Is there any problem(s) around these 4 days just asking then, but those pings it's... like the picture, with normal medium popu-, so awful and annoying~

Now lets head in the real things!
***First, Epica-1 or 2 is just the same "room", so the lag problem and more can't b solved or if i have a mistake, tell me plz.

***Second, i suggest we should have more sub-server (2 more maybe) and divide them onto clear purposes like Epica-1<Trade> for buyin' and sellin' stuffs only / Epica-2<Train(pk off)!!!> this should b helpful for ppl in many ways  / Epica-3<Event only> have fun, pvp, pk, gm-s' events, fire legion, ares(sat) etc. And with the next update, ya should bring up the lvl-cap a lil', just a lil' like 160 and taa-daa Epica-4<Hardcore> with stronger mobs everymap pk on normally and higher drop rate would b great i think~

So, thanks for reading a lot and pls let me know what all of ya think 'bout this!!!

桜井 信金一

Offline Kewee

• Old Player
  • It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”
  • Faction: GoodGame
I miss Epica 3  :normal-12:

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
The lag issue is likely on your end or from plain geographic distance. Adding more server portals won't fix this.

As for splitting the server into multiple ones, I think it's a terrible idea.
Having players spread out over more servers simply means turning EPW into several tiny pservers with much smaller populations. Having a big populations is one of the things that makes EPW good, easier to find people to run instances or pk with.

Some of the features you suggest are pretty nice though, a seperate trading area for example. Adding a seperate world trade channel has been suggested in the past but appearently this wasn't possible.

As for the training (non pvp) server, it seems rather pointless. You can duel anywhere you want in safezone or just stay bluename and do it. There is no need for a new server to do this.

Event only server again seems somewhat pointless. Forcing people to hang on a server with nothing to do other than events just to be able to make events seems far less enjoyable than playing on a complete server with the occasional event popping up to join.

Strong mobs on the map is something I'd like to see. Probably coupled with a new way of farming..something I guess. It's not exactly a thing this server lacks but it may be a nice idea for a feature.  However, doing this on a seperate server rather than the current one would serve little purpose. Most mob areas aren't used right now so there is no need to move it off the server.

Offline Shinkinichi

• LOVE!!!
I miss Epica 3  :normal-12:

So there was in the past??
桜井 信金一

Offline Shinkinichi

• LOVE!!!
The lag issue is likely on your end or from plain geographic distance. Adding more server portals won't fix this.

As for splitting the server into multiple ones, I think it's a terrible idea.
Having players spread out over more servers simply means turning EPW into several tiny pservers with much smaller populations. Having a big populations is one of the things that makes EPW good, easier to find people to run instances or pk with.

Some of the features you suggest are pretty nice though, a seperate trading area for example. Adding a seperate world trade channel has been suggested in the past but appearently this wasn't possible.

As for the training (non pvp) server, it seems rather pointless. You can duel anywhere you want in safezone or just stay bluename and do it. There is no need for a new server to do this.

Event only server again seems somewhat pointless. Forcing people to hang on a server with nothing to do other than events just to be able to make events seems far less enjoyable than playing on a complete server with the occasional event popping up to join.

Strong mobs on the map is something I'd like to see. Probably coupled with a new way of farming..something I guess. It's not exactly a thing this server lacks but it may be a nice idea for a feature.  However, doing this on a seperate server rather than the current one would serve little purpose. Most mob areas aren't used right now so there is no need to move it off the server.

Thank you for nice rep, 'bout non pk it is a(or more) situation(s) prove it's not pointless cuz ya have to wait 10hours or more for pk off, so if ya wanna "live in peace", that's help, and those announcements should b shouted through all 4 server then people just need a min to switch "Epica" and joy the events, then all the problems'r solved just my opinion?
桜井 信金一

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Thank you for nice rep, 'bout non pk it is a(or more) situation(s) prove it's not pointless cuz ya have to wait 10hours or more for pk off, so if ya wanna "live in peace", that's help, and those announcements should b shouted through all 4 server then people just need a min to switch "Epica" and joy the events, then all the problems'r solved just my opinion?

It's true that switching back and forth is inconvenient. However most events that are intended as non-pvp are held in safezone. The rest of the events are specifically made to contain pvp. For example cave of sadistic glee has pvp enabled regardless of your name color.  Things like fire legion happen in safezone.  So most event stuff isn't that affected by your pk status.

The timer on pvp is probably there to prevent people from switching pk mode, attacking and quickly switching back out after. As for the living in peace, you can simply stay bluenamed for that. Living in peace whenever you chose it and then being able to jump in&out of pk whenever you want to attack isn't very fair to others.

Offline Shinkinichi

• LOVE!!!
It's true that switching back and forth is inconvenient. However most events that are intended as non-pvp are held in safezone. The rest of the events are specifically made to contain pvp. For example cave of sadistic glee has pvp enabled regardless of your name color.  Things like fire legion happen in safezone.  So most event stuff isn't that affected by your pk status.

The timer on pvp is probably there to prevent people from switching pk mode, attacking and quickly switching back out after. As for the living in peace, you can simply stay bluenamed for that. Living in peace whenever you chose it and then being able to jump in&out of pk whenever you want to attack isn't very fair to others.

So how 'bout that event-Epica auto on *continuously* Rancor for everyone??? It's pk-mode-choose too right, so fighting to kill mobs is fun?! Or b a "love-peace-guy" and keep digging Shrine of Ancestors (^w^) And i think again, should the hardcore and event merge together and force to pk then... And for sure Rancors in normal Epica just like atm~
桜井 信金一

Offline Shinkinichi

• LOVE!!!
Well, we all have our own opi-s and i'm truely glad to hear ya sharin', so lets see how 'bout our "bosses"?!  ;)
桜井 信金一

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
So how 'bout that event-Epica auto on *continuously* Rancor for everyone??? It's pk-mode-choose too right, so fighting to kill mobs is fun?! Or b a "love-peace-guy" and keep digging Shrine of Ancestors (^w^) And i think again, should the hardcore and event merge together and force to pk then... And for sure Rancors in normal Epica just like atm~

I understand that pvp can be pretty inconvenient on some server events. However, the point I'm trying to make is that if you want to be able to attack people whenever you choose to then you should also be open to attack when others choose to do so.

Offline Shinkinichi

• LOVE!!!
I understand that pvp can be pretty inconvenient on some server events. However, the point I'm trying to make is that if you want to be able to attack people whenever you choose to then you should also be open to attack when others choose to do so.

Ok i understood that it is a serious choose and it would b unfair if "guilty" ones could b safe-happy-living like that then, ty  ^-^
桜井 信金一

Offline Ellipsis

• What has this world come to...
I didn't read all the replies, I just woke up and I'm too lazy to atm. So if I said something that was already said, get over it lol.

I think its a bad idea to add the action specific servers. It's just too much work and hassle in my opinion. Lets say you're in the pk server and want to sell something, you have to log out, switch servers, log back in... just to sell something in wc? No, I wouldn't do that and I don't think many people would.

Second, you lag is probably your connection or how far you are away from the actual server connection. However, I don't' really see how this affects many people unless you have Indonesian net. Server is halfway across the world for me, I'm in the USA, and the only time I lag is when it's my connection. Very seldom is it the server causing te lag. However, the past couple days have been a bit laggy, and it's not on my end. I've seen everyone talking about lag.

Finally, I wouldn't mind to just have more sub-servers like we used to. If one server lagged a lot we just simply switch to a less populated server. That's what it used to be like and boom lag problem fixed. I miss those days. So I wouldn't mind reverting to have more than just 2 sub-servers. Just not for action specific purposes.
Ellipsis - Sage Mystic

Offline Shinkinichi

• LOVE!!!
Ohh and i forgot 'bout my problem, i'm asian, gmt+7 and it's fine all day then with cute ping around 300-500ms, til Server Time comes 1pm LOL  :rolleyes:
桜井 信金一

Offline Shinkinichi

• LOVE!!!
I didn't read all the replies, I just woke up and I'm too lazy to atm. So if I said something that was already said, get over it lol.

I think its a bad idea to add the action specific servers. It's just too much work and hassle in my opinion. Lets say you're in the pk server and want to sell something, you have to log out, switch servers, log back in... just to sell something in wc? No, I wouldn't do that and I don't think many people would.

Second, you lag is probably your connection or how far you are away from the actual server connection. However, I don't' really see how this affects many people unless you have Indonesian net. Server is halfway across the world for me, I'm in the USA, and the only time I lag is when it's my connection. Very seldom is it the server causing te lag. However, the past couple days have been a bit laggy, and it's not on my end. I've seen everyone talking about lag.

Finally, I wouldn't mind to just have more sub-servers like we used to. If one server lagged a lot we just simply switch to a less populated server. That's what it used to be like and boom lag problem fixed. I miss those days. So I wouldn't mind reverting to have more than just 2 sub-servers. Just not for action specific purposes.

Okie thank you, now that's the problem 'bout WC and Announcement stuffs
桜井 信金一

Offline Ellipsis

• What has this world come to...
I do also acknowledge and accept and understand your pve server point of view. However, again, I don't really think it's a good idea to just have pve server. That kind of defeats the purpose of the whole PK thing. It's one of the things about PK. It has its pro's and cons. One con being it takes 10 hours to get out of pk mode. It's a consequence that we all must pay for going into PK mode. Everyone knew the risk going into PK and what it would take to get out. When I want out of PK mode I just simply leave my account logged in over night when I sleep or something and problem solved. Set up a catshop or something or just simply afk somewhere on the map.

I finally read all the replies and I agree with Aelana with most of her points. The PvE server seems pointless, to me because, like I said, you shouldn't go into PK mode to begin with if you're not willing to pay the consequences. And you can live in peace in bluename on a PvP server. I'm too lazy to switch back and forth from one server to another to sell/trade something. Maybe if they could add a chat channel for that, it would be great but, if it's impossible then idk.

Also, with the separate trade/sell server, what if someone is in a different server because they're bored of sitting around and watching WC for what they need to be sold or they're not getting replies. And then they switch to a different server and then someone starts selling/buying what the first person was waiting for? They won't see it because they've already left the server. Selling should be something everyone can see, no matter where they are, unless you're using the trade chat, then that's just area only.

As for the event server, I like and dislike this idea. I like it because some of those areas gets really laggy, maybe having its very own specific server, maybe not definitely, would cut down on the lag of said events, like Fire Legion. But again, I don't like it because then I'd have to switch servers if I'm not on the right server. When I do events like Fire Legion, I multiaccount it. Which means it's just going to take me even longer to get all my toons there and ready to do the event because I have to make sure they're all in the same server.
Ellipsis - Sage Mystic

Offline Shinkinichi

• LOVE!!!
I do also acknowledge and accept and understand your pve server point of view. However, again, I don't really think it's a good idea to just have pve server. That kind of defeats the purpose of the whole PK thing. It's one of the things about PK. It has its pro's and cons. One con being it takes 10 hours to get out of pk mode. It's a consequence that we all must pay for going into PK mode. Everyone knew the risk going into PK and what it would take to get out. When I want out of PK mode I just simply leave my account logged in over night when I sleep or something and problem solved. Set up a catshop or something or just simply afk somewhere on the map.

I finally read all the replies and I agree with Aelana with most of her points. The PvE server seems pointless, to me because, like I said, you shouldn't go into PK mode to begin with if you're not willing to pay the consequences. And you can live in peace in bluename on a PvP server. I'm too lazy to switch back and forth from one server to another to sell/trade something. Maybe if they could add a chat channel for that, it would be great but, if it's impossible then idk.

Also, with the separate trade/sell server, what if someone is in a different server because they're bored of sitting around and watching WC for what they need to be sold or they're not getting replies. And then they switch to a different server and then someone starts selling/buying what the first person was waiting for? They won't see it because they've already left the server. Selling should be something everyone can see, no matter where they are, unless you're using the trade chat, then that's just area only.

As for the event server, I like and dislike this idea. I like it because some of those areas gets really laggy, maybe having its very own specific server, maybe not definitely, would cut down on the lag of said events, like Fire Legion. But again, I don't like it because then I'd have to switch servers if I'm not on the right server. When I do events like Fire Legion, I multiaccount it. Which means it's just going to take me even longer to get all my toons there and ready to do the event because I have to make sure they're all in the same server.

Hmmmm ok, 'bout the pk i got it that my idea was kinda bad and shortsighted, just think 'bout "color name regardless" thing and else. And again it's 'bout world chat or even annou problem, i got it too, just have obsessed with Cabal online. Final like ya said, switch to Event Epica, that would a lil' prevent over take advantage in events, just like Coffee said 'bout if could make it daily "Not sure if I wanna make it daily though. It's just set to daily so people can only do it once. Don't want the whole server on 82378937 alts just to cheat it. Might do this a full 24 hours maybe 3 times a week."
桜井 信金一