Epic Perfect World

Race vs Race PvP event.

sorround

K, I have nothing solid in my mind but I think it'd be a nice idea to make a Race vs Race PvP event.

The teams would be in a 2v2 like reflex system it can be same class both or one of each.

I know tideborn race would most likely win but meh, it's worth the try D:

Please leave suggestions all and help me build this up gms input would be good too. I'm  just want PVP pelis. 

Kbye.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
There are many events like this already, although i don't really understand how 'race' would make it more appealing.
The only reason for lack of pvp is lack of participants.

It's something new though, i wouldn't mind it.

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
Earthguards win lol
I'm basically 40

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
Earthguards win lol
Winged elves* xD
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
I thought this was going somewhere else, LOL. I think it's an interesting idea. It would need some more specification, though. :)

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
This idea was actually suggested to me by Seby a few weeks ago I just hadn't had the time to develop it as yet (new job keeping me busy) and didn't know whether I would remain perma GM. Now that I am, I can start working on it if no other GM has claim to it o:

Basically the idea I started to work on was 2v2 teams, in teams by race and one of each class (Myst/Seeker vs Cleric/Archer vs Psy/Sin vs Veno/Barb vs Wiz/BM)

Another reason it has taken me so long was cause of balance issues. While it might seem a nice idea in theory, depending on the people and gear, the classes and races might not be balanced against one another and we may find that one race is just facerolling the others each week. But I am happy to trial it.

Was gonna set it out as more of a 'Dominant Race' type thing. Run it each week, winner is the 'Dominant Race for that week.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how it could be run, I'd love some feed back. There are a few ways it could be run:
- Random 2v2 matches (issue is the round robin layout as usually it needs to be squares of 2 for it to work eg like playoffs is 16 people, so you end up with one final, same works with 8 people, but we have 5 races)
- 5 teams, one of each race, last team standing all out brawl (bit messy, hard to monitor)
- Some sort of points system? Each fight gets points, highest points wins?

Or some other way.

But yeah, not a bad idea overall if it's nutted out properly.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
This idea was actually suggested to me by Seby a few weeks ago I just hadn't had the time to develop it as yet (new job keeping me busy) and didn't know whether I would remain perma GM. Now that I am, I can start working on it if no other GM has claim to it o:

Basically the idea I started to work on was 2v2 teams, in teams by race and one of each class (Myst/Seeker vs Cleric/Archer vs Psy/Sin vs Veno/Barb vs Wiz/BM)

Another reason it has taken me so long was cause of balance issues. While it might seem a nice idea in theory, depending on the people and gear, the classes and races might not be balanced against one another and we may find that one race is just facerolling the others each week. But I am happy to trial it.

Was gonna set it out as more of a 'Dominant Race' type thing. Run it each week, winner is the 'Dominant Race for that week.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how it could be run, I'd love some feed back. There are a few ways it could be run:
- Random 2v2 matches (issue is the round robin layout as usually it needs to be squares of 2 for it to work eg like playoffs is 16 people, so you end up with one final, same works with 8 people, but we have 5 races)
- 5 teams, one of each race, last team standing all out brawl (bit messy, hard to monitor)
- Some sort of points system? Each fight gets points, highest points wins?

Or some other way.

But yeah, not a bad idea overall if it's nutted out properly.

I enjoy the all out brawl idea. It would be interesting to see how a 5 team battle royale works out. Maybe if there was enough interest there could be 2 separate brawls with the final teams left standing fighting each other to become, like you said, the "dominant race". Having simple 2v2 fights are already done in a few events, might as well make it different to what we've had in the past.

The arena could be a nice place to host, keep simple "everything allowed" rules in order to keep monitoring to a minimum:
-No one steps off the platform
-If you die you cant join back in (this + arena mechanics keeps possible res issues in control with EPs/Mystics; can miss these things when big fights are happening)
-No flying

sorround

Yeh, it doesn't have to be 2v2 actually when this first came to my mind, I thought of like squad vs squad or something but I figured that would need like 6 hours of recruiting participants  :normal-32:

On the balance thing, of course the 2 newer races will have some kind adventage over the 3 older ones,  but in the end,  it will all depend on the players' skill.  I like Caffeine's ideas too. :o

Last Edit: Dec 02, 2013, 03:05 am by lol.

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
  • Not in Game for a million years!
  • Characters: Abis and more
  • Faction: DarkArms 卐
Earthguards win lol
Cleric better sleep the other one then rape the other one.
~I'm Leader~
LVL 152 R8 Psy/Sin/Wiz/Barb/Seeker/Veno/Archer/BM/Mystic 
My Shop | Youtube

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
Cleric better sleep the other one then rape the other one.
Winged elves* xD

A mystic has a sleep as well ;3
I'm basically 40

Offline Jolhans

• Old Player
Meng... I dont think this can be implemented, If GMs have a hard time just trying to get a pvp event filled, I dont think they can even host a 2v2 same race pvp event LOL

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
About pvp lack of people,if it's hosted at 18:00 server time or a bit later,like 20:00,the event will be easy filled,cause at that moment epw is full of people. (most lag spikes that time,chat full of drama,viva epw)

Offline 🌙

• sux
  • not doing commissions pls do not ask
Last Edit: Feb 09, 2015, 02:37 pm by ♪