Epic Perfect World

Work in Progress

Offline Anonymousxxx

• Beginner
So, last night instead of sleeping, I started writing. Now, it's not much but.. Anyway, so the thing is, I want to write about her being some kind of mystical creature, so any ideas would be gladly appreciated.

Any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcomed with open arms. I kind of like the beginning, but I'll google up on some mythical creature and try to continue. (:

As I woke up, I groaned. Another day of having to pretend to be normal again. I couldn't help but wonder how long it's going to take before others finds out. How long before I burst with the truth. So far, I managed to keep quiet about it, not even telling my best friend, Leslie. But every day I wake up dreading the day the truth is revealed, dreading the day people will look at me like I'm some kind of freak. Maybe I am. Not one day goes by without me thinking I am. I'm 16 now, as of a month ago, and that's when everything started to happen.

Thanks for reading and all the criticism. (:

Offline Nightstalk

• Old Player
What the *** are you on about?

Offline PlumSauce

• I'm in the basement of hell -.-
So, last night instead of sleeping, I started writing. Now, it's not much but.. Anyway, so the thing is, I want to write about her being some kind of mystical creature, so any ideas would be gladly appreciated.

Any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcomed with open arms. I kind of like the beginning, but I'll google up on some mythical creature and try to continue. (:

As I woke up, I groaned. Another day of having to pretend to be normal again. I couldn't help but wonder how long it's going to take before others finds out. How long before I burst with the truth. So far, I managed to keep quiet about it, not even telling my best friend, Leslie. But every day I wake up dreading the day the truth is revealed, dreading the day people will look at me like I'm some kind of freak. Maybe I am. Not one day goes by without me thinking I am. I'm 16 now, as of a month ago, and that's when everything started to happen.

Thanks for reading and all the criticism. (:
Sounds like that movie "Beautiful Creatures". Not original i'm sorry. Just isn't original -.-
Xtra - 135 Mystic
I have no time for idiots who don't respect my awesomeness -3-

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
Sounds like that movie "Beautiful Creatures". Not original i'm sorry. Just isn't original -.-

Oh, well then. Pot, meet Kettle.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥

There are a few errors with sentence structure/syntax, but it's not bad. I've fixed a few parts where the syntax or grammar was off. Most of what I changed is personal preference to give it more depth and make it flow better.

As I woke up, I groaned. Another day of having to pretend to be normal still. I couldn't help but wonder how long *it was going to take before other people found out. How long before I burst with the truth? I've managed to keep quiet about it, so far — not even telling my best friend, Leslie. Yet every day I wake up dreading the day that the truth is revealed, the day people will look at me as if I'm some kind of freak. *Who knows? Maybe I am. Not a day goes by where I don't think I am, anyway. I'm 16 now, as of a month ago. That's when everything started to happen.

You might also want to try:
- "how long it will be before other people find out" -- adding a bit more to that part like "that I've been keeping a secret" etcetc, something to give it depth. Though if you do that, you'll need to change the tense of the other words in the sentence
- Splitting the "I've managed to keep quiet about it" sentence into two parts, making the second sentence "I haven't even told Leslie, my best friend. . ." follow it up with a small detail like how long they've been friends or that the narrator tells her everything etc, etc.

'-' That's all I got.

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction
There are a few errors with sentence structure/syntax, but it's not bad. I've fixed a few parts where the syntax or grammar was off. Most of what I changed is personal preference to give it more depth and make it flow better.

As I woke up, I groaned. Another day of having to pretend to be normal still. I couldn't help but wonder how long *it was going to take before other people found out. How long before I burst with the truth? I've managed to keep quiet about it, so far — not even telling my best friend, Leslie. Yet every day I wake up dreading the day that the truth is revealed, the day people will look at me as if I'm some kind of freak. *Who knows? Maybe I am. Not a day goes by where I don't think I am, anyway. I'm 16 now, as of a month ago. That's when everything started to happen.

- "how long it will be before other people find out" -- adding a bit more to that part like "that I've been keeping a secret" etcetc, something to give it depth. Though if you do that, you'll need to change the tense of the other words in the sentence
- Splitting the "I've managed to keep quiet about it" sentence into two parts, making the second sentence "I haven't even told Leslie, my best friend. . ." follow it up with a small detail like how long they've been friends or that the narrator tells her everything etc, etc.

'-' That's all I got.

well damn o_o only thing u should probaly listen to is ^...sounds like a english teacher

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Oh, well then. Pot, meet Kettle.

well damn o_o only thing u should probaly listen to is ^...sounds like a english teacher

:-X Good luck on your story, OP.  :smiley:
(:

Totami

better then twilight ;o

good one  ;D

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
better then twilight ;o

good one  ;D
Very harsh.

Everything is better than Twilight.

Probably.

//sorry offtopic//
(:

Offline PlumSauce

• I'm in the basement of hell -.-
Very harsh.

Everything is better than Twilight.

Probably.

//sorry offtopic//
Naw. ALMOST everything. You forgot social dance. Social dance = shit. You cannot enjoy it and it is worse than Twilight.

'-' That's all I got.

Just a suggestion but "Another day of having to pretend to be normal still" Doesn't really sound correct. Again sounds a bit better than still. So maybe "Another day of pretending to be normal again," may be better?
Xtra - 135 Mystic
I have no time for idiots who don't respect my awesomeness -3-

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst
make her a mermaid, then i read huehue

#mermaid4life
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Naw. ALMOST everything. You forgot social dance. Social dance = shit. You cannot enjoy it and it is worse than Twilight.
Just a suggestion but "Another day of having to pretend to be normal still" Doesn't really sound correct. Again sounds a bit better than still. So maybe "Another day of pretending to be normal again," may be better?

Twilight is worse.
I don't care. Social dance sucks. Twilight is worse. Twilight is the most horrid thing ever that should never have been written. Or made a movie of.

My suggestion, once I reread that, is err, "Yet another day of having to pretend to be normal."...
I don't know, all suggestions for the line are valid I suppose.
 :-[

(:

Offline Kewee

• Old Player
  • It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”
  • Faction: GoodGame
Twilight is worse.
I don't care. Social dance sucks. Twilight is worse. Twilight is the most horrid thing ever that should never have been written. Or made a movie of.

My suggestion, once I reread that, is err, "Yet another day of having to pretend to be normal."...
I don't know, all suggestions for the line are valid I suppose.
 :-[
I heard twilight books were good and the movies really destroyed it. But I don't know.