Epic Perfect World

Treasure Maps

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
'Kay, I have a suggestion, I know it's been suggested plenty of times before.
Is there anyway it could be made to where only the person that has the quest for that one chest can obtain the drops? It kind of gets annoying when someone comes and kills your boss right after you finish getting the chest, or acts afk until you dig the chest. qq
And I know a lot of people would agree with me, especially if it was the last map you needed for the quest. Maybe it could be done? :3
Last Edit: Nov 15, 2013, 05:46 pm by Lolly

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
 ^I wish this could happen, gets annoying having to deal with thieves.

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
^I wish this could happen, gets annoying having to deal with thieves.
Well I don't see why it couldn't, lol. I know it has a timer on it, but that's for whoever has aggro. Can't really have aggro if it's already half dead by the time you tab it.

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
During 2x this problem happends all the time  :normal-12: To be honest it never happen to me ( tnx god ) but I can guess how annoying it is, idk if its possible to make it this one: the one that digs the chests picks the drops from boss no matter who killed it o.o It would be a way safer for ppl but it means they need to protect themselves. /color]

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
During 2x this problem happends all the time  :normal-12: To be honest it never happen to me ( tnx god ) but I can guess how annoying it is, idk if its possible to make it this one: the one that digs the chests picks the drops from boss no matter who killed it o.o It would be a way safer for ppl but it means they need to protect themselves. /color]
Well there's always blue name for that. It's just annoying when it is the last quest or something and they ks you. :c

Offline Elena

Well there's always blue name for that. It's just annoying when it is the last quest or something and they ks you. :c
Ikr :c

Offline Sheikah

• Retired Staff Member
  • Baby GN.
  • Yo, where's my ba-ba and binky?!
I have pushed for a rule to be put in place to punish the thieves, but unfortunately:

1) It only happens during 2x.  Any other time, that quest is ignored by most.

2) It would be downright impossible to enforce. 

It makes me sad, because I have been on the receiving end of the theft that happens before, and it infuriated me that the thieves made out like bandits (horrible pun, but the only one I can think of atm) while I struggled.  The only thing you can do is just be extra observant of your surroundings.

Offline Elena

To be honest this is sad lol
You don't even need to be lvl 150 to make it, you can do it with a 110 char too... But people still need to KS. From what I know it's not allowed to KS treasure quest bosses right?

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
To be honest this is sad lol
Yes.
From what I know it's not allowed to KS treasure quest bosses right?
And yet it happens.

Offline Elena

Yes. And yet it happens.
:tiger-24: Well guess it's time to take out the evil bish in me and take some cute screanshots from now on.

Offline Broobndoobn

• Old Player
The only thing you can do is just be extra observant of your surroundings.

Sadly the thing about this is, that it's even mostly sins who sit in stealth at the common spawns and take the bosses. There isn't even a way to be observant of that, unless you feel the need to use a detection pot EVERY time, and hope that you're within range for it to work.

Offline Sheikah

• Retired Staff Member
  • Baby GN.
  • Yo, where's my ba-ba and binky?!
I understand that.  And not everyone (namely lower levels) have the luxury of em either.

We started getting reports of the thieves and at times we'll check the area out.  But since there's no definite "no ksing treasure hunt bosses" rule, we can't punish.  I tried guys. :(

Offline Ace

• Stop bothering me.
  • Characters: Ace
  • Faction: Regicide Leader
While it would be hard to enforce, I suggest a rule should still be put in place to discourage people from doing this

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
While it would be hard to enforce, I suggest a rule should still be put in place to discourage people from doing this

I agree.

You don't have to catch all of them to make a difference. Most of the times it's the same people camping spots for a while, a GM in stealthmode could probably withness them doing it within a reasonable amount of time after getting the initial report.  Especially during 2x.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Most of the times it's the same people camping spots for a while, a GM in stealthmode could probably withness them doing it within a reasonable amount of time after getting the initial report.  Especially during 2x.
GM in stealth mode trying to catch someone while stealing the map boss in one of the dozen places, it's hardly enforceable and would require really a lot of time, which I am pretty sure they could spend in better way   :normal-20: