Epic Perfect World

Just A Few Questions (Newbie)

Offline Mizore_

• Stalker Women
  • Quiet
Hello everyone, I just started playing EpicPW and so far it's been very fun and enjoyable but I just have some questions since I'm new to it and anything PW in general. I've managed to get to level 116 on my cleric (I know it's not amazing but I'm learning) and I've noticed other players, which are probably higher level than me, being able to kill masses of monsters with only a few skills and being able to take a lot of damage without problems. Before people tell me to look at the guides, with all respect I have looked at many many guides and while they do explain some things to me they're just not answering some the questions that I have. So my main questions are; should I be using different gear than the 110 gear provided? Are there any specific skills that do better than others in mob grinding situations than others? What are some general things that I can do to improve my clerics killing/tanking ability? Are there any other tips in general that I should know?

Sorry if this topic was in the wrong section, I didn't know where else to put it exactly, so if there's a place for stuff like this feel free to redirect me.

Thanks for reading and I do appreciate any replies or other general tips on anything really.

Offline 🌙

• sux
  • not doing commissions pls do not ask
Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 05:49 pm by Alexithymia

Offline Mizore_

• Stalker Women
  • Quiet

Thank you very much for your replies they really explain a lot to me. I'll definitely check out the other AOE's out there for cleric and upgrade them as well as the buffs. I'll also look into some heavy armor, hopefully I'll be able to find some that's good for me.

I guess I have one more statement with a question and that is; in places like Phoenix Valley, the mobs there can sometimes be overwhelming and end up killing me. Would solving this just be going with heavy armor or is there something else I should do along side that or not?

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
1. being able to kill masses of monsters with only a few skills and being able to take a lot of damage without problems.
2. should I be using different gear than the 110 gear provided?
3. Are there any specific skills that do better than others in mob grinding situations than others?
4. What are some general things that I can do to improve my clerics killing/tanking ability?
5.  Are there any other tips in general that I should know?

Sorry if this topic was in the wrong section, I didn't know where else to put it exactly, so if there's a place for stuff like this feel free to redirect me.

Thanks for reading and I do appreciate any replies or other general tips on anything really.

1. It really depends on the mobs, classes, levels. If you are doing PV, most of the mobs in there are physical mobs, being a cleric you wear Arcane Armor which is weak towards physical attacks. This means you will be taking more damage than someone wearing say, Light armor or heavy armor. If they are higher levels, that also means they probably have better gear than you do.

2. The 110 gear is good to level up to level 120. Once you hit 120 you can choose to farm more gear, or you can decide to wait until 130 gear. I know some people who leveled to 150 only using 110 gear. Here is a guide to find all the information on gears/weapons/accessories.

3. As the person above me said, you must use your AOE skills. Also remember to heal and buff yourself. If your HP gets too far down, you should pop plume shell which will reduce the damage you are taking. I would suggest staying AA until you hit 150 so that you can kill fast enough. If you switch to HA it will cut your damage in half therefore taking you longer. Make sure you layer Ironheart on you before you do a pull so that you can take some hits without your HP dropping.

4. See above answer. Also remember to level all your skills up to 10 and later sage or demon. If you need help with sage or demon see this guide right here. If you need help deciding between sage or demon on a cleric remember this, Sage is for supporting (you don't do much damage but you are wonderful at healing your squad) and demon is for attacking (you aren't very good at supporting but a wonderful attacker). You can check the cleric's skills here.

5. Don't give up on leveling, it can suck at first but it gets better with time. If you need help with being a cleric I can sit down with you and explain how to work it. (I have a level 150 sage support cleric.) Also if you have any questions please feel free to message me on the forums.
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
My only piece of advice would be to go into Valley of the Scarred through the Messenger of Time NPC and level up on the mobs in there. That way you have control over how many you kill and it will get you accustomed to larger mobs like in PV.

For a cleric, like Scandal said, pop on a plume shell, but don't be afraid to use the HP/MP pots in the Gods Giving to also help you out.
Last Edit: Nov 12, 2013, 01:08 am by Caffeine

Offline 🌙

• sux
  • not doing commissions pls do not ask
Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 05:49 pm by Alexithymia

Offline Naosu

• Boop
Until you're 150 I don't suggest doing an HA/AA hybrid build. I'm able to pv just fine on both my clerics in AA gear (sage and demon). I HATE doing anything PVE related with the HA/AA build cause I hit for crap. Just complete crap. With plume shell and wings of protections, and pots if necessary, it's actually fair easy to solo PV on a cleric. It takes longer cause you're still not going to be able to pull as much, but you can do pulls.

As for HA/AA I only really recommend it for NW. Personally. I won't even use it on my cleric for TW if I'm in a cata squad because my heals just are not good enough. However, it REALLY helps when surviving against a lot of physical damage. And for healing my squad, which I usually end up with more venos in squad than barbs, it's fine. However when I have to focus on a barb solely it's much more difficult unless I have another cleric mystic in squad helping. It's a useless build in PVE cause I've soloed pretty much everything except AEU and Delta on my cleric.

As for PV, what I do is pull a bit of mobs, you'll have to find what you're comfortable with, plume shell and spark. Use razor feathers, siren's kiss, spark, if your sage use the chi skill (Mastor Li's Technique I think? x.x), and just spam aoes as often as you can. Heal when necessary. If you're having a problem with killing mobs before they kill you, just don't pull as much. And when you pull ALWAYS have full sparks. Cause 2/3 of your aoes require sparks.
What am I even doing?

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
Not reading what others have said, I'm gonna go ahead and say my stuff.

1. Change your first character from cleric to something more independant and easy to level like Sin/Seeker/Barb. Its best to level easy toons first to help with tougher classes. Like for farming ec, coins, etc.

2. Change the clerics gear to hybrid/HA until 150 (Stay hybrid if you want, they're hard AF if not the hardest class to kill. Most support clerics are hybrids anyways.. I think)

Offline LazyOne

• Old Player
  • never fail to fail
to topic starter: if you dont troll us and really just started this game then you started it at wrong place - this private, PVP oriented server. Not much things you can learn here. Also this game are very old and at the moment badly starving - most servers got no players.

to PRO players who giving advices: I could write small novel about your advices, but then everyone would call me rude person, so I just will ask everyone who suggested HA cleric at lvl110 go and make one and try lvl it to 150. Seriously, if you know how to play AA cleric can level him self to 150 without any problem just in PV. But even if I play this game for years I never start new server from cleric. Never ever.

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
to PRO players who giving advices: I could write small novel about your advices, but then everyone would call me rude person, so I just will ask everyone who suggested HA cleric at lvl110 go and make one and try lvl it to 150. Seriously, if you know how to play AA cleric can level him self to 150 without any problem just in PV. But even if I play this game for years I never start new server from cleric. Never ever.

I thought the whole point of this thread was for the author to find ways to make their life easier when leveling, not deduce which method is redundant. Every single hint helps so keep your negligent/inadequate opinions to yourself.

Offline Mizore_

• Stalker Women
  • Quiet
Thanks for all of these replies everyone, I appreciate all of this feedback. I'll definitely try a lot if not all of your suggestions for my cleric and see what works best for me  :smiley:. Since the time that I posted this I've managed to get to level 125 through PV, and I'm starting to farm some 130 gear which is going decently. I know that I probably shouldn't have started with a private server but I might as well start somewhere with a community that's friendly. I've learned more from these replies than the guides for PW.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
Thanks for all of these replies everyone, I appreciate all of this feedback. I'll definitely try a lot if not all of your suggestions for my cleric and see what works best for me  :smiley:. Since the time that I posted this I've managed to get to level 125 through PV, and I'm starting to farm some 130 gear which is going decently. I know that I probably shouldn't have started with a private server but I might as well start somewhere with a community that's friendly. I've learned more from these replies than the guides for PW.
If you ever need any help please feel free to message me on the forums, I'd be glad to help you with anything.  :-\
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.