Mystic
9 (29%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: June 30, 2012, 09:48 pm

Cleric vs mystic vs veno best classs

Offline Ephimer

• Come...Oblivion awaits...
WARNING!Wall of text inbound.

If we list the pros and cons, let's have you decide. Realistically, it all depends on what you like the most. Personally I choose a Cleric for Party based anything, Mystic for PvP and Venomancer for PvE.

Cleric:

Pros:

-The best heal and buff skills
-Long-lasting sleep & immobilize skills
-Magical and physical defense reduction skills
-Can deal both magical and physical damage
-Can be offensive as well as defensive in a party
-Always wanted in party
-Quick casting spells
-Ironheart Blessing...enough said...

Cons:

-Low physical defense
-Can be expensive to play
-Draws aggro with heal skills
-Dies a lot because most players are more worried about being healed than you being healed...
-Slow movement speed
-Can quickly run out of Mana if the Tank is an idiot and aggros to many mobs at once...
-"BUFFS PLZ!" Enough said...

Venomancer:

Pros:

-Able to solo bosses as long as pet can tank and boss AoE does not kill the player
-Low maintenance costs
-Deals both magical and physical damage with pet
-Increased physical defense and slightly faster swimming speed in fox-form
-Versatile squad role
-Variety of viable builds
-Fast movement speed (or fastest being demon, this is tough to judge now that Assassins exsist but I still think they are the fastest on foot and not shape-shifted.)
-Can tame a large amount of pets.

Cons:

-Low HP depending on your build
-Weaker magic attack skills compare to other magic classes; and same for physical skills compare to physical classes though most of these skills are faster to cast.
-Can be boring to play as you mostly just heal your pet
-Highly relying on your own pet most of the time
-Class have no focus (jack of trade all class, doing a bit of everything except healing others)
-Not great at endgame PvP unless with a Phoenix pking pet
-Gender restricted

Mystic:

Pros:

-Can be male or female
-Having pets, pet healing skills and player healing skills makes them excellent for both solo and squad situations.
-Pets can lure better than a Venomancer's (arguable but I think so.)
-High magic defense
-Can use both AoE healing plants to perform heals similar to the clerics' "BB"
-Very fast heals
-Damage almost equivalent to that of psychics

Cons:

-Massive mana use in most situations.
-Low physical defense depending on your build.
-Low HP depending on your build.
-Slow movement speed.
-Can be expensive to play due to mana use.

If you enjoy being loved in all situations play a Cleric. They are easy to form friendships with.

If you enjoy playing Poke'mon be a Venomancer...Enough said...

If you enjoy being wild, unpredictable, and a guy with a combat pet, be a Mystic.

In the end whatever you choose should be based on how you like to play, not on which is most powerful or the most valuable.
If you think I am insane you should meet my other personality...

Offline Delirium

@Ephimer

No offence at all but did you pull that from PWI or based it from PWI? If so a lot of those things aren't relevent here, unfortunatly. I'm not saying its wholly wrong but some of it could be a bit misleading. :3

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D

Offline Ephimer

• Come...Oblivion awaits...
@Ephimer

No offence at all but did you pull that from PWI or based it from PWI? If so a lot of those things aren't relevent here, unfortunatly. I'm not saying its wholly wrong but some of it could be a bit misleading. :3

This comes from personal experience from PWI and many other private servers. I've wrote guides on a lot of the classes that seem to get this same question, with few variations on wording...Blademaster versus Barbarian for tanking, Assassin versus Archer for DpS, Pure Cleric or Hybrid Cleric for Healer or DpS. I've covered everything from personal experience and none of this is copied from anywhere, though I would not be surprised if someone else has said the same basic thing.

With that in mind you might find variations of this elsewhere, think of it like the game "Telephone". Someone says something to someone else and as they pass it down it changes, even if it is only slightly. The Internet is no different. Chances are, most of what I have said has been said before, though I did not copy it. That is the lazy way out.

However, you are correct in thinking that some of this could be misleading. I just started on this server so I do not know the differences here just yet. I do know that gear and talent is the only thing that matters when it comes to group play, yet I also know that personal opinion matters more than anything else. Which is why I said it really comes down to what you enjoy doing most.
If you think I am insane you should meet my other personality...

Offline Pammy

• Old Player
Cleric would be very nice if some their skills would work as they supposed to - plume shot and feather razor.

And Plume shell, here is useless, cause of very fast aps and high damage, mana is drained in few seconds and cleric die, cause he can`t use skils - no other shield, no heals, anything.

Offline elijah00

guys i see i started something with this vote XD its going real good gogo keep voting cleric ftw

Offline The__Sky

to be honest, it's kind of split:
Veno:if they're demon and they get that purge amp and parasitic nova *with hf* and know how to stun lock...well they win
Mystic:They can do good dmg and heals and have a great combo BUT not gonna tell you guys :)
Cleric:Personally, I think clerics are the best here, not to be bias, but clerics are quite adaptable to every class

Offline crimdeath

Mystic is the best tbh

1. Mystics gets almost the same def at a bm when pets absorbed with holy verdant shell on.
2. They Can Absorb there Magic pet For increase dmg which passes both ep/Veno not including the increased mdef they get from absorbing there storm Mistress making it impossible to be killed by a psy as well as many magic classes.
3. They can pull Sins out of stealth.
4.If they combo/macro there skills correct they can 1 shot most magic classes/sins.
5. After the descent patch they can mass rev in pvp.
6. Don't be fooled about demon. Holy gets 2x more benefits. 
7. There dps interrupts magic classes almost 85% of the time.
8. The same skill that heals purifies the target.
9. No long pet revive cast needed to re summon pets heals are insta on pets.
10. There supp pet reduces dmg for entire pt also has a buff that reduces dmg to 1.
11. insta crit skill.
12. Tho ppl say they use tons mana they have mana recover skills.
13.If you ud rather have a cleric heal u over a mystic your gonna die. Mysttics heal doesnt need to stack it gets the job done directly.
14.can Aoes seal and paralyze from a decent distance.
15 Currently only class that can knock back a target.

If your not a mystic yet <.< ur missing out

Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:36 am by crimdeath