Epic Perfect World

Psychic R8

Offline SilentFishy

What is better for a psychic r8 chest piece. +physical defense or reduced physical damage taken?  :-X
SilentFishy- 150 r8 psy
AmonBomani- 150 dragon sin
NinjaCookie- 150 dragon cleric
Defensive- 150 dragon bm
\SilentAlex/- 150 r8 seeker
SilentHippo- 150 dragon sin (Retired)
AlexFishy- 150 r8 archer
SilentFox- 150 dragon Venomancer

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
What is better for a psychic r8 chest piece. +physical defense or reduced physical damage taken?  :-X
I personally prefer physical def % since a 10% could bring you up around 3% extra pdef in comparison to the physical reduction which reduces far less than what people think.

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
  • Not in Game for a million years!
  • Characters: Abis and more
  • Faction: DarkArms 卐
I personally prefer physical def % since a 10% could bring you up around 3% extra pdef in comparison to the physical reduction which reduces far less than what people think.
this^
~I'm Leader~
LVL 152 R8 Psy/Sin/Wiz/Barb/Seeker/Veno/Archer/BM/Mystic 
My Shop | Youtube

Offline Komi

• Ego Crusher
  • Hitmehard > All veno
I prefer rpdt. If you can double that stat.
1/5 of Alamat core.

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
<beingadick>Magic x3. Who needs def when your enemy died 30 seconds ago?
</beingadick>

I feel like double pdef250+ is better than pdef %. I dont trust those 2% adds personally. Ive been told that they domt even work the way they were meant to in pk due to the damage reductions already in place for damage taken from other players.

At the end of the day, psys have such low pdef that these adds don't make a significant difference until you enter white voodoo.

I find a glass cannon build psy has close enough pdef to one who uses all defense stats. However, they hit quite a bit harder.

Now that i'm done forcing my opinion of psys on you, go ahead and avoid the reduce phys dmg taken. The other 2 options for pdef are better.
I'm basically 40

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
<beingadick>Magic x3. Who needs def when your enemy died 30 seconds ago?
</beingadick>

I feel like double pdef250+ is better than pdef %. I dont trust those 2% adds personally. Ive been told that they domt even work the way they were meant to in pk due to the damage reductions already in place for damage taken from other players.

At the end of the day, psys have such low pdef that these adds don't make a significant difference until you enter white voodoo.

I find a glass cannon build psy has close enough pdef to one who uses all defense stats. However, they hit quite a bit harder.

Now that i'm done forcing my opinion of psys on you, go ahead and avoid the reduce phys dmg taken. The other 2 options for pdef are better.

The amount of damage reduction those stats give you includes the amount of normal defenses you have. For an arcane 40% reduction would roughly translate to about a quarter to third (being generous with that guesstimate) of that actually being the damage reduction (Imagine if everyone had an actual 40% reduction). Not to mention that there is is a cap for that as well (unless it was lifted).
Last Edit: Nov 06, 2013, 04:54 pm by Caffeine

Ennaoj

I'm so glad someone asked this, more opinions pls :)
+111111 to the thread starter :)

Offline Kizza

P def is alot better then reduce phy damage taken if you get 2x like i have it helps alot

Offline Naosu

• Boop
I prefer rpdt. If you can double that stat.

IMO It's better to try and get double physical defense.

I'm trying out things with my cleric at the moment. Not the same as a Psychic, but the basics are the same. My cleric has x2 -Physical Damage taken by 2%. Tested with my boyfriend and the chest plate that rolled on her that has a x1 Physical Defense at 6% (haven't honed, just going to be rerolling it anyway) has about the same amount of damage from his barb.

What I'd do (and am on my cleric) is gett 2 chest plates. Get x2 -physical damage taken on one and reroll the other until you get a x2 physical defense cause it'll probably take awhile. Or you can just use the spirit forge and have 1 top.
What am I even doing?