Epic Perfect World

Poll

Which of these is ultimately the best and has superiority over other one?

Archer
12 (42.9%)
Wizard
16 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Decision once and for all

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Sup all. I know there already have been a lot of threads about it, but I still can't decide which class is better for PvP and Mass PK, also for NW: Archer or Wizard.
So far I've seen lots of discussions bout em both, some say wiz rocks, other say archer is superior.
What I seek is the best damage dealer possible versus other players. Wizards got undine strike or whatever that skill is called, also if they get their channeling lower than 50% of normal value, they get extremely dangerous are really hard to defeat, especially if they get def/atk levels on their gears. But they can be killed quickly if assassins or high atk level barbs get close to them.
Archers got higher melee survivability but lower mage resistance. Also, some archers got really high atk level, but they are dependent on aps ether way. The faster they shoot, the more efficient they are.
The problem is that getting ether archer to high aps and atk or wizard to low channeling and high def/atk takes a lot of time and ec, and the whole point of this topic is to find out which should I invest on and train in the end.
So what you think guys?

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
Wiz. Sure a archer can hit high, but a wiz can hit higher. :tiger-44:

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Devil Trigger

• Haters gonna hate
  • Lack motivation to care
  • Characters: DevilTrigger, Ghoul
  • Faction: Salvation
Hard to say kinda depends who stuns first and stays stunned i'm full R8 and with full buffs and the 5 attack and 5 def level blessing from the faction npc I got 87 attack levels at 1.05 aps but there have been times when i get stunned and a wizard dropped me like i said it's all about who uses gets stunned then uses faith then the iron guard stuff whoever is left without them or has them on cool down wins i guess my opinion though.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
I know both classes are extremely dd'ing and awsome, I know few aps atk archers and few insta channel atk wizards. But hell, I can't even get triple int on wrist for sin even for 300k ec, so ether aps archer or insta cast wiz would both be extremely expensive, right?

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Wiz. Sure a archer can hit high, but a wiz can hit higher. :tiger-44:
(:

Offline Devil Trigger

• Haters gonna hate
  • Lack motivation to care
  • Characters: DevilTrigger, Ghoul
  • Faction: Salvation
spent over 100k ec on my gear 120k at most guess i got lucky but yea both amazing classes im in process of of making a wizard

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
Sup all. I know there already have been a lot of threads about it, but I still can't decide which class is better for PvP and Mass PK, also for NW: Archer or Wizard.
So far I've seen lots of discussions bout em both, some say wiz rocks, other say archer is superior.
What I seek is the best damage dealer possible versus other players. Wizards got undine strike or whatever that skill is called, also if they get their channeling lower than 50% of normal value, they get extremely dangerous are really hard to defeat, especially if they get def/atk levels on their gears. But they can be killed quickly if assassins or high atk level barbs get close to them.
Archers got higher melee survivability but lower mage resistance. Also, some archers got really high atk level, but they are dependent on aps ether way. The faster they shoot, the more efficient they are.
The problem is that getting ether archer to high aps and atk or wizard to low channeling and high def/atk takes a lot of time and ec, and the whole point of this topic is to find out which should I invest on and train in the end.
So what you think guys?

Wrong there, at least stats wise, i got both classes with full r8 and end game ornaments and they both had around the same pdef.

Play dex build sage ea

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
Neither are better all around, they are both good in separate situations.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
Wrong there, at least stats wise, i got both classes with full r8 and end game ornaments and they both had around the same pdef.

Play dex build sage ea

Wizards use AA, Archers use LA. LA itself has more psy defense. Im not talking bout custom stuff, I mean average defense.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran

Wizards use AA, Archers use LA. LA itself has more psy defense. Im not talking bout custom stuff, I mean average defense.

The armor doesnt really matter when Stone Barrier can easily buff a wiz's pdef to 16-18k (depending on the pdef add-ons in the armor) with full r8, cube neck, ws belt, 2 mag rings and ascended dominance cape. The only reason eas got better survivability when it comes to phys damage is because of the damage reduction from Wingrise, leaps, higher base HP from the armor, faster speed maybe? Anyways, to answer your initial question, it entirely depends on what kind of pk you will do, if you're going to solo then go ahead and make an archer, wizard will most likely require you to have a team supporting you, unless you have -6/9 ct in every r8 piece, or if you will just spam spark on everything moving thing; as for costs, getting interval on top and double interval on wrists is quite cheap, interval on boots are much harder though, as for mage you can easily get 1 ct add-on in every piece except wrists (as hard as getting interval on ea boots), 2 ct add-ons will be more expensive. I'd say go for ea unless you cant stand getting one shot by some magic classes from time to time

Offline MorbidAngel

• Dragon Seeker
  • 1 man army

Morbid/\ngel - 150 seeker

Offline Rairyuu

• Sad souls don't sleep
  • Characters: xRairyuu
Seeker.

It's between, archer and wizard..  :monkey-36:

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
It's between, archer and wizard..  :monkey-36:
Hejusttryingtobekewldon'tmindhim.

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
Hejusttryingtobekewldon'tmindhim.
I giggled

On Topic: Honestly, both of them are good in their own ways, but having played both of them I had more fun on an archer than a wizzy. In my mind they had more survivability, then again wizzies have so many skills my brain frazzles... It is really hard to balance defense with good chan on a wiz, because once you get chan you are stuck with the other stats unless you want to spend 294809238423 ec getting the perfect gear... Archers are easier to gear and in my mind, easier to learn. But wizzies CAN do more damage than an archer... Up to you really. I would suggest working on both and just trying them out...  :-X
(Sorry for rambling.)
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.