Epic Perfect World

Farming Epic Coins

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
I don't know if Agatio red my suggestion in Mindless's topic, even tough I'd like to hear more suggestions and opinions on this.
As I said, I was thinking of using the FB59 ( or maybe FB39...? ) as an farming area. The idea is next:
Replace the 5 bosses in FB59 with bosses maybe mini bosses or world bosses ( or something between...? well something that won't be finished fast or something that u need like 30mins for one boss... but to be hard enough so one person couldn't do it alone... )... I know this might lower the "hunt" for world bosses but if the instance isn't giving an big amount of epic coins like world bosses I don't think it will...
Also, was thinking maybe to don't be able to be done more than let's say 4~5 times a day...? This way ppl won't abuse it too much hopefully...
Or just make bosses ( all 5 ) to give the amount of killing 2 world bosses...?
 :'( I don't know !!!! I lost my ideas... anyways o.o...
Anyone welcome to add anything related to this, please no trash talk, I don't want this thread to be closed.
Thank you very much.  :-X
Last Edit: Nov 04, 2013, 08:11 am by Ely♡

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
a TM (i'd say tm 69) ,instead of those mini-area-bosses,replace with bosses like Armaggeddon,and u go inside fb69 as normal entrance,make all the way,each boss would take 20 minutes...5 bosses...1 squad?:) each one would have normal drop of worldboss,and so u can do it everyday 3 times(with a pass ,like the AEU) If is possible,i'd love it for pve.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks

Offline Sheikah

• Retired Staff Member
  • Baby GN.
  • Yo, where's my ba-ba and binky?!
I like this idea, but some things to consider here:

1) How do we make it so that it's not spammable by alts? (Perhaps a 1-time-per-account can be put on the instance)
2) How do we make it worth doing? Make the bosses too hard that even a full squad can't do it would drive people away immediately, but make them too easy and folks get bored.  Happy medium. We need that.
3) How will it affect the economy as a whole? If it's only an event like Ares that's open once a week and what I said in point #1, then it won't be a killer on the economy.  But once again, the rewards have to be worth doing it.

If it's doable, I would love to see this, especially since we have a few instances not used for anything that has potential to be used for something.

Offline Travar

• Characters: Travar
  • Faction: Outcasts
maybe a quest that can be obtained once a day for killing all 5 bosses, put harder mobs in instance and add monster kills like in TT so bosses go frenzy mode if we don't kill enough mobs... and rewards from quest in chests that can be opened once a day like epic coin chests in TT... but little easier bosses than world bosses because only 6 people can enter instance, but still hard enough that people who can open 6 clients cant do it with 6 alts in same time.

Offline Elena

I like this idea, but some things to consider here:

1) How do we make it so that it's not spammable by alts? (Perhaps a 1-time-per-account can be put on the instance)
2) How do we make it worth doing? Make the bosses too hard that even a full squad can't do it would drive people away immediately, but make them too easy and folks get bored.  Happy medium. We need that.
3) How will it affect the economy as a whole? If it's only an event like Ares that's open once a week and what I said in point #1, then it won't be a killer on the economy.  But once again, the rewards have to be worth doing it.

If it's doable, I would love to see this, especially since we have a few instances not used for anything that has potential to be used for something.
As I said it shouldnt be something impossible to kill but neither something that give u like 500ec from one run lol... Making it like ares would be pointless ( in my opinion ) for the next reason: ppl will just afk. There should be a boss that doesn't kill u in 1 shot but neither to be like "Oh hey! im the boss and im gonna do on u only 100 dmg so dont worry im not going to kill u but ur free to kill me".
About economy im not really sure, maybe what David said, it can be a like a quest which ask u to be in a party of idk, maybe 3-4? The rewards shouldn't be smth that gives u a lot of ecs, maybe to get like ~150 ec perperson if there are 2 ppl and 2 alts, ares gives like 100~120 ecs from only one char and still many ppl are doing.
I don't think doing it everyday should be good for the server but maybe once at 2~3 days? For example Firday and Sunday there's NW, ok good enough, but until the time of NW there's mostly nothing to do except the 1v1 events and/or if GMs host Girls vs Boys and what so ever event... or like David said ( again ) make the rewards to be chests o.o and ur allowed to open like 3 per day, and each one to contain 50ecs
Last Edit: Nov 03, 2013, 10:30 pm by Ely♡

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
If the bosses take 3-4 people to kill then I assume it will have quite a bit of HP (200-300mil). Doing 5 bosses with that amount of HP would take 30min to an hour to finish. I think that would be quite fair for an FB that could be made to enter once a day and people can get elixirs, stones, OEC etc.

Offline Elena

If the bosses take 3-4 people to kill then I assume it will have quite a bit of HP (200-300mil). Doing 5 bosses with that amount of HP would take 30min to an hour to finish. I think that would be quite fair for an FB that could be made to enter once a day and people can get elixirs, stones, OEC etc.
Well yea... or, maybe the first 4 bosses be easy and low rewards and the last one be hard and a lot of goodies *-*
Ijs until I had to do my fb when my veno was she about lvl 70? I never knew there was a 5th boss in fb59 -.-

Offline Travar

i still think that quest option is the best one... epic coin chests as reward after killing all 5 bosses, including the mobs. because if bosses drop items someone in squad will get more, someone will get less... and that wouldn't be fair if some melee attack class put auto attack, go afk and gets more items than mage classes that cant go afk. that's talking about random distribution... free distribution not fair again... melee classes AGAIN can pick more items than ranged classes which aren't  under boss. so rewards should be from quests... and still, it would be lame that bosses doesn't drop anything... and at this moment i don't have any idea what could bosses drop :/

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
i still think that quest option is the best one... epic coin chests as reward after killing all 5 bosses, including the mobs. because if bosses drop items someone in squad will get more, someone will get less... and that wouldn't be fair if some melee attack class put auto attack, go afk and gets more items than mage classes that cant go afk. that's talking about random distribution... free distribution not fair again... melee classes AGAIN can pick more items than ranged classes which aren't  under boss. so rewards should be from quests... and still, it would be lame that bosses doesn't drop anything... and at this moment i don't have any idea what could bosses drop :/
The pillars could give the reward quest for each of the bosses.

Cheebee

actually there should be instances where u can farm a lot of ec tbh. when I get like 10k I can spend it all in a day then takes me like weeks just to get that bk. this does sorta seem like a pay to play sorta server and tbh it shouldn't be it's a private server u should make it easier to farm for in game currency. people can spend like a few 100k ec on their r8 and not get the stats they want. buying ec isn't an option anymore and it's not like non farmers are gonna cs $100 for only like 10k ec... their should be easier options in game.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
actually there should be instances where u can farm a lot of ec tbh. when I get like 10k I can spend it all in a day then takes me like weeks just to get that bk. this does sorta seem like a pay to play sorta server and tbh it shouldn't be it's a private server u should make it easier to farm for in game currency. people can spend like a few 100k ec on their r8 and not get the stats they want. buying ec isn't an option anymore and it's not like non farmers are gonna cs $100 for only like 10k ec... their should be easier options in game.

I agree to a certain extent, it shouldn't be handed to you but it also shouldn't take ages to try and get good stats. At least remove certain gear add-ons like HP/MP recovery, endurance etc. I've personally spent around 600 recasts on my veno's pants to get 2x chan and still haven't. Add in another 300-400 recasts on my other stuff; it adds up to 100k EC worth of mats made over the course of 3 months to get mediocre gears at best.

Cheebee

I agree to a certain extent, it shouldn't be handed to you but it also shouldn't take ages to try and get good stats. At least remove certain gear add-ons like HP/MP recovery, endurance etc. I've personally spent around 600 recasts on my veno's pants to get 2x chan and still haven't. Add in another 300-400 recasts on my other stuff; it adds up to 100k EC worth of mats made over the course of 3 months to get mediocre gears at best.

well yes I agree it shouldn't be handed to us freely and removing certain add-on is a good idea. but I came to privates to pvp not pve I just think our preferred end game gear shouldn't take us 5+ months to get even after a year I still haven't got wat I wanted on 1 char alone.

Offline Travar

do card bosses every day for hour or two, collect hammerfalls... and wait for x2 drops. if you do easy 2 instances a day 5 times with 2 toons. you can get 10 hammerfalls in 3-4 days of farming few hrs a day. so lets say you make 50 hammerfall books a month. that is 400-600 sls=40k-60k ec on x2 drops which are every 2-3 months. if 3 months that is 120k-180k ec... and add nw, bh's, events, ares from these 3 months... lets say 200k max if... for 150k you buy 5k damascene's from forge, and other mats for 50k you got left. that is 1666 reshapes... and i'm sure you can get minimum 3 op pieces of r8 from 1666 tries. do some pve every day, save ec and do reshaping once in few months