Epic Perfect World

Seeker vs Archer

Offline IFalcon

• I m a good man
  • Characters: IFalcon
  • Faction: Ruthless
Hi everyone, i m here doing this topic because i want to start create one char, but i need a litle help.

I don`t if each class is better, Archer or Seeker, eighter one or another is very good and fun playing

So i m here to question:
What is best to play in your opinion - Seeker or archer?

Ty for the attencion

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
As I said to all the people that made this kind of threads. You should make both of em.  :-\ It doesn't matter which one is "better" in my opinion or anyone else on this server, it's going to to be your toon and you're going to play it. But here's my opinion, honestly I like more archers since it's easier to understand the skills and sutff plus I never really tried an seeker in mass pk just doing pve with her...

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
Well you should try both. BUT... Remember this. Seekers are very popular even if they are hard to understand. Most of the time guilds will NOT accept a seeker. Archers are easier to understand and are very wanted in guilds. But again it is up to you.
Seekers are very very over powered, they can take people down so fast they wont know what hit them. Archers can do similar things but they are very very squishy.
I hope I could help.  :-X
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
Archer more fun to play, every single guild wants archers, faction with most eas wins during mass pk, so I'd make an ea.

Seekers are also uber fun to play, tanky, can deal insane amounts of damage but when it comes down to mass pk they're pretty much useless.

I've played both, and ea all the way but in the end you'll be the one playing it.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline Vindex

• The Guardian
  • Hood on soldier, do not let them see your eyes.
  • Characters: Vindex, Raiten
  • Faction: One Who Lurks
Archer more fun to play, every single guild wants archers, faction with most eas wins during mass pk, so I'd make an ea.

Seekers are also uber fun to play, tanky, can deal insane amounts of damage but when it comes down to mass pk they're pretty much useless.

I've played both, and ea all the way but in the end you'll be the one playing it.

Okay i will agree on most of things said here except that seeker is pretty much useless in mass pk. That is wrong actually, in my opinion anyway. Ofc ea is more useful, no questions about that but, a seeker can be VERY useful in mass pk, seeker can take away cler weps for basically useless heals, seeker has ranged stuns for runner clers or such, seeker has strong aoes, especially vortex, dont forget bout that, and if a team is good and well synchronized, seeker+bm can create chaos, and seeker+ea+bm, oh lord. So yeah, just my opinion ^^

Offline Zuxtain

I would suggest trying both as it really doesn't take long to figure out if you like the class or not. FOr mass pk, Archers are more useful in my opinion because they have the most range and crit like crazy. Also they are able to use BoA to effectively kill groups of players fast.

For seekers, it's more complicated as seekers have less range and their aoe needs to be in melee range. Vortex is easy to counter and run away from and you've basically wasted 2 sparks. Although, with their crits, they could potentially one shot many people and their 2 skills ion spike and gemini slash are very powerful.

Both are good in my opinion but as people have said in this thread, seekers are very popular and most fac's have enough seekers. However, if you become very skilled as a seeker, which fac isn't going to want you? So it's really up to what you like. Try them both out :)

Good luck!

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
Archer for mass pk.

Seeker for 1v1 and smaller scale pk.

They can both be successful at whatever you do with them.  However, a seeker is much more dangerous in a small fight than a large one.  An archer tends to be quite a bit squishier, but the damage is more consistent at a distance.  The reason I prefer a seeker for smaller fights is that a seeker can drop any class in this game if it is prepared for it (while still tanking fairly well).

However, archers are every class' target due to their low defenses.  While they still do nice damage, they can't successfully tank very long while doing this damage.  They excel when they aren't being focused on.  A seeker can take a hit while doing random burst damage at the same time.  However, due to the inconsistency of seeker damage on this server, it is best suited to a smaller fight.  Consistent archer damage in mass pk is far more useful than burst damage from a seeker.

If you want to join a large pk faction or you don't pk alone very often, archer is for you.

If large scale pk isn't your main interest and you want a more versatile class, you might want to try seeker.

They both have the potential to do well at everything.  However, they both have their weaknesses.
I'm basically 40

Offline IFalcon

• I m a good man
thanks for everbody helps that was a good guide for both chars and very good, thanks anyway   :smiley:

Last Edit: Nov 03, 2013, 08:10 pm by IFalcon

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
Archer for mass pk.

Seeker for 1v1 and smaller scale pk.

This. Archers were built for mass/rpk. Stealth+double spark, drops almost all AA/LA in a matter of seconds. As a seeker, you'l be spending 80% of the mass pk camping def since you're wizzy fodder. It mostly comes down to you tho. As an archer you'l be spending more time running away than actually fighting, especially in mass pk as archer are targetted right after venos (i think). Seekers are more direct but are mighty boring in anything thats more than 3v3, speaking from experience o:

Seekers dominate in 1v1s fairly well tho.

Side note: if you want a class that dominates both grounds, id say make a bm/sin. Well, bms dont dominate but they're a lot more helpful/needed than seekers in mass pk.

Offline IFalcon

• I m a good man
i will take to make a decision

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
  • Characters: ???!?!
  • Faction: Xpendable, Artifex
As it's been said already; both have their uses. However I do disagree that seekers are mostly useful in small scale pk. I main a seeker, and it's so fun to mass pk with. If geared properly, and the player knows how to control their damage and survive well, you alone can be a turning point of a fight. Sac strike debuffing a target that's AA'ed by a few of your sqaud members almost assures you a kill.
Depending on your build also, mass debuffing and crowd control will highly benefit your side. Seekers can aid in/ destroy arcanes and La's pretty easily with zerks. And as said before, a well timed HF + vortex ( or even vortex alone with a good tangling mire ) drops milions.
This is probably one sided but if you are willing to spend the time, money, and dedication on building a good seeker, you won't be disappointed.

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno
Realisation-r8 sage cleric
BreakNoise-r8 demon mystic

Offline FuR

• People can become...whatever they want to be.
Seekers & Archer both weak if the human is no good.  play whatever u are more comfortable with...doesnt matter if u pk or not..just pick what u wnna play

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
Seekers & Archer both weak if the human is no good.  play whatever u are more comfortable with...doesnt matter if u pk or not..just pick what u wnna play

Always true.  You can do anything if you play well enough.  Just know the class and you'll excel where you need to.
I'm basically 40

Offline Vionn

Seekers are very popular even if they are hard to understand.

?????? Seekers simplest class 100% faceroll.

Offline Travar

• Characters: Travar
  • Faction: Outcasts
archer is pretty hard to learn... and you need to have good reaction time to use pots, genie, leaps and stealth if you want to survive. damage dealing part is easy to learn but surviving in mass pk, or any kind of pvp is the hard part. while with seekers you have high defense level, high hp, massive damage... but seekers are useless in mass pk's if you ask me... many people said that...
anyway... if you don't like to die alot make seeker, if you like mass pk's and wanna get in big factions try archer(but be prepared on lots of deaths)