Epic Perfect World

PRO ARES EVENT FARMERS

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
I go in on mostly aa and la toons...self buffed and dont have any problems in there ...and Yes I actually do help kill it....only two of mine are r8...so its not the 2 shot thing. I think it should be fixed, I mean why should a few people actually participate and get the same rewards as the chain riders and ones who drop into the pit below to avoid having to do any work at all and yet get the same award.  This if easy to fix ...should be fixed. Perhaps make it to where unless you actually attack it and help kill you dont get sheet....seems fair to me.  :monkey-35:
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

Offline LazyOne

• Old Player
  • never fail to fail
I go in on mostly aa and la toons...self buffed and dont have any problems in there ...and Yes I actually do help kill it....only two of mine are r8...so its not the 2 shot thing.
You must be killing different Ares or dont have 150lvl char at all and just writing to increase forum posts count - today 2nd Ares after 20 seconds wiped 90% AA and LA chars. AA chars got wiped even twice few minutes later, but that attack LA chars survived. After that I stoped bother about Ares and afk on ropes as majority.

Offline Johania

OMG i wasn't  expecting all this comments i just posted the picture for the fun and not like it was a problem or like i was crying over the ppl that wait for others to kill the boss to get the rewards.

Offline fgbksg

• Faction: Warning
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
This made me laugh so hard. xD  :))

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
Start at 10 am every Sat. when I am able.  SOORY I only  have 9 150's currently, only 2 are R8, and run it solo and self buffed on all, Since my laptop cant handle multi client and on occasion I dc, not too cool to have that happen to squad mates who count on you, now is it  :normal-43:
  I have no need to post farm, or attempt to flame others, like most downers. Read carefully, as death was not mentioned. When and if you die here at least  you just have to rebuff yourself and re enter.
 :monkey-48: :normal-25:  Gosh soon I will have at least five more to run Ares and I cant wait to put them to the test in Ares. Have a great day !! :normal-25:

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
This made me laugh so hard. xD  :))
CUT DA ROPE problem solved

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
or pull  the boss to the edge to aoe like we did in the old ares  :monkey-26:

Offline Sheikah

• Retired Staff Member
  • Baby GN.
  • Yo, where's my ba-ba and binky?!
or pull  the boss to the edge to aoe like we did in the old ares  :monkey-26:

The problem is that if you pull too far, you risk resetting him. 

Ennaoj

Actually srsly

Just add an immune stationary mob on the chains that has a small aggro range so it only bothers players who are on the chain and 1shot's (through IG, ad, whatever ppl use) or knockbacks (can mobs do knockbacks?) on players,  so they fall off the chain, die, reset and thus have to stay within Ares's range. But ofc can't be lured onto the platform. Like, clapping hands?

Afkers dealt with np

Please tell me you're kidding.
LA / AA or even hybrid HA/LA players get 2 -3 shots and they die, doing what you've suggested is just too much, what with Ares' damage atm.

Offline Üpgrayedd

• The Pimp
  • Feel the double D
  • Faction: Xpendable
Wow... what a surprise, trick being used since like the beginning of PW for killing Elf boss in normal TT runs is useful also for Ares? OMG OMG OMG that is soooo surprising, I just cannot express my astonishment!!!11oneoneone

Lower the damage of Ares to prevent it from oneshotting non-HA classes - farmers problem solved. If someone is too lazy to do that - move the boss to room like Faction Base entry hall - aoe is enough to cover whole area - again, problem solved.

Offline 🌙

• sux
  • not doing commissions pls do not ask
Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 05:43 pm by Alexithymia

Offline Naosu

• Boop
I've done it on 2 AA (psychic, mystic) characters, and I hardly get 2shot. If you have problems as an LA who can't heal themselves often (though, ik sins/eas have ways around it if they can play their class besides autoattacking), have a cleric/mystic friend help you. Also I'm pretty sure ares's dmg got nerfed already, it used to tick my charm sometimes but now that rarely happens if ever.

Plus, what I suggested would only affect people who go on the chains. So, don't go on the chains, no problem. There's no reason to go up there unless you're afking, and if you have so much trouble, go with help, it's not like you have to solo it.

I have to agree with you. I don't get 2 shot on my cleric or on my veno (both full AA armor). However my boyfriend always logs his archer to go with my cleric cause he almost dies sometimes.

Plus if you add mobs on the chains, you can potentially decrease Ares damage a tad more because everyone HAS to be close and paying attention to their toons
What am I even doing?

Offline Chawlie

• Menace to society ♥
  • Just can't help being so evil. ♥
I'm not a chain warmer, and I didn't get to attend ares today or last weekend, unfortunately, so idk if the damage is different from the last time I went, but

Ya'll gotta remember, those of us that get 2-hit don't all get 2-hit because we don't know how to play our aa or la class. Some of us lag so much there is no potting or using a skill or using a genie in time to prevent death. You can click the skill repeatedly for 15 seconds before it responds, and by then you're dead. Its not really possible to anticipate an aggro switch and oncoming aoe 15 seconds prior when you have less than 0.5 fps.  Sometimes the screen freezes for several seconds and you've been ported out when it catches up.

This is especially true when the skulls fly out his bum... which tends to crash my game.  :'(

Any GM response Yet on the ability to change that skull animation to something that requires less resources to show an aoe (or making the skulls turn-offable with the "effects" slider)??  :-\

Offline 🌙

• sux
  • not doing commissions pls do not ask
Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 05:35 pm by Alexithymia

Offline DevilKat

OMG i wasn't  expecting all this comments i just posted the picture for the fun and not like it was a problem or like i was crying over the ppl that wait for others to kill the boss to get the rewards.

Of course not ;) No1 think you try fk ppl ;D
Like you do in (LOL WB farming with guards help)  :P
EPW religion get a new devotee :))

congratulations