Epic Perfect World

PING spikes are out of control

Offline celanzen

Ive been playing for awhile and never had this problem but since the recent update my game has been having INSANE ping spikes, its so bad that i cannot play the game anymore because it just wont work. It takes awhile for the game to log in then my ping goes up and down like its bipolar from 200ms to 25000ms in less that 10 secs! My internet is not unstable because i can play every other game just fine so GMs please look into this because i really wanna start playing again.

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
Dear player, there is very little to noting I can do to make your gameplay more comfortable with lower latency. Game patches don't have any effect on players' ping. Server is located in France, which is very far from the Philippines. You can try and ask your PH friends if they are encountering same issue.
The problem is that latency from one location can be much higher due to different network route that is taken to the server. Client always chooses the route that is the cheapest, not the route that is the most effective and sometimes encounters problems on the way which results in lag spikes and high ping. If you were able to play with smooth ping before, the problem that is occurring now can be only temporary.
But, like I said, this is not issue of the server and there is nothing I can do about this. It may fix itself in few next days. If it doesn't, the only possible fix would be using special services, like WTFast, which are lowering the latency, by choosing better network routes to the place where the server is located.
Also for now you can try rebooting your router, although I am not sure if it will help you.
He can't do really anything. No you might not be in that area, but yea. :x

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
Ive been playing for awhile and never had this problem but since the recent update my game has been having INSANE ping spikes, its so bad that i cannot play the game anymore because it just wont work. It takes awhile for the game to log in then my ping goes up and down like its bipolar from 200ms to 25000ms in less that 10 secs! My internet is not unstable because i can play every other game just fine so GMs please look into this because i really wanna start playing again.
Have you tried changing server ports?

Ennaoj

Meh.

Here we go again.

>:D

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction

He can't do really anything. No you might not be in that area, but yea. :x

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran

It's ok. I have ice cream, it will be all okay. :normal-23: :tiger-44:

Proschii

i Miss yaa Lolly<3333333333

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
i Miss yaa Lolly<3333333333
Aww Pros  :normal-23: