Epic Perfect World

Heavy Armor Veno

Cheebee

I tried heavy veno honestly it isn't very good I felt tankier as full AA with vit

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
Yea. HA veno can be pretty usefull in mass, in the hybrid build at least.

Just a question though, if a sparked sin 1shot you with knifethrow.. were you using elemental ornaments along with dragon arcane gear? Sins don't hurt me nearly enough to 1shot me on my veno... (Full AA)
im using elemental orns to up my magic def :) and i was 130 at the time ><
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
im using elemental orns to up my magic def :) and i was 130 at the time ><
Well, I found your problem LOL.

130=oneshot by just about everything, and no magic class on this server needs magic adorns in AA gear. If you're not 150, get 150 and r8. You're so much tankier.

I don't get it why people use ha venos I really don't. They're the squishiest thing there is for sins. Like, really. It's the same thing as fighting a physical sutra'ed bm. Their mag def is lower than their iq therefore a fire pill and condensed thorn goes through them like they're paper.

This.

Offline Lagoona Blue

• Characters: LagoonaBIue
  • Faction: Wonderland
My veno is ha/la hybrid sage fox form veno. I chose hybrid for the aps which is 2.5 with int tome and cape. Sage for extra def etc. Stat wise I have minimum mag for pataka, which is 74 I believe, then 180-200 dex for acc/ some crit then rest into str. Gear wise I have HA helm,top,pants, and LA boots,brace. Supreme robe, Tender slaves tome, Dragon magic rings x2, Dragon elem belt, and Elem DS neck. I believe I run close to 20k def on both pdef/edef. Not 100% sure and can not check as server is currently down. However, after server I can post screenies of stats if you like. ^^

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
My veno is ha/la hybrid sage fox form veno. I chose hybrid for the aps which is 2.5 with int tome and cape. Sage for extra def etc. Stat wise I have minimum mag for pataka, which is 74 I believe, then 180-200 dex for acc/ some crit then rest into str. Gear wise I have HA helm,top,pants, and LA boots,brace. Supreme robe, Tender slaves tome, Dragon magic rings x2, Dragon elem belt, and Elem DS neck. I believe I run close to 20k def on both pdef/edef. Not 100% sure and can not check as server is currently down. However, after server I can post screenies of stats if you like. ^^
yes please :) nice to see someone not giving me grief :3
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Lagoona Blue

Ungeared (Base stats)

With Gears (And gear list) (Human form)

With Gear (Fox Form)

Gear Engravings:
1 ring has +10 Vitality and +10 Strength
1 ring has Phys Atk +40 and Magic Damage Rece +2% (Not best stats, but not really trying for any)
DS Neck has Def Lvl +1 and Mag Res +114

Above pics are both unbuffed (Besides Fox Form [Only Fox Form buff].) I also made mistake in last post. Is 2.5 aps with windshield. Hope this helps! Anything else you need to know you can PM in-game on Coma/White usually. However, Currently I am on my archer. Twizzlers ^^

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
Ungeared (Base stats)

With Gear (Fox Form)

Gear Engravings:
1 ring has Phys Atk +40 and Magic Damage Rece +2% (Not best stats, but not really trying for any)

Above pics are both unbuffed (Besides Fox Form [Only Fox Form buff].) I also made mistake in last post. Is 2.5 aps with windshield. Hope this helps! Anything else you need to know you can PM in-game on Coma/White usually. However, Currently I am on my archer. Twizzlers ^^
very nice hun!! :D once i get screenies *and post them* i have 20k pdef in human *unbuffed* and 37.3k pdef in fox form unbuffed :)
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Kewee

• Old Player
  • It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”
  • Faction: GoodGame
Ungeared (Base stats)

With Gear (Fox Form)

Gear Engravings:

Your veno is cute

Offline Lagoona Blue

Offline sakurabak

The problems about this HA build (the last SSs):
-your defense lvls are very low, which really kills your survivability more than low m., phys. def.
-you fully loose your range adventage, which is biggest adventage in pk,
-2.00 aps is really no good.
-my arcane veno had 33%crit (almost pure int. with 80 dex), you have 31% crit.
-my arcane veno in fox form and with 1 physical ring (wich can be switched between magic ring very easily) had almost 20k phys def (and 40 def lvls+ vs. your 11 def. lvls).
-20-30k phys. att vs 60-70k m.att (what i used to have on my arcane veno) is a bit joke.
-17k m.def. is just not enough on this server, you will get wiped out by any magic class and archers and their magic shots.
Are there any advantages about this build? Nope.
Last Edit: Oct 26, 2013, 07:50 am by sakurabak

Offline Lagoona Blue

-your defense lvls are very low, which really kills your survivability more than low m., phys. def.
Last I checked for no r8, 10 defense levels were max minus engraving/WS/Cube. And also I see no problem of some dragon geared players dealing with some r8r. Unless they just camp def lvl weap in which case I don't have the want to fight against them anyway.

-you fully loose your range adventage, which is biggest adventage in pk
True range is a good advantage, however as veno I have no issue closing this gap. As for ranged players keeping them close isn't that hard either, what with genie, pet, and Fox skills.

-2.00 aps is really no good.
In a server where max aps with dragon is 3.33, no its not the best. But it is fast enough imo. With wood/fire pots, I have no problem getting some melees to kite me.

my arcane veno had 33%crit (almost pure int. with 80 dex), you have 31% crit.
Okay......... That just means an "almost pure int" go higher than my crit rate. If I wanted more crit I could gimp my main stat some also.

-my arcane veno in fox form and with 1 physical ring (wich can be switched between magic ring very easily) had almost 20k phys def (and 40 def lvls+ vs. your 11 def. lvls).
I too can switch between rings very easily. As for def lvls, again you are probably r8. I could put on more def lvls also if I were to get upgraded ring,WS,Cube or def lvl pataka even. This character isn't even that old. Just cause I have posted this current stuff doesn't mean I am done with it.

-20-30k phys. att vs 60-70k m.att (what i used to have on my arcane veno) is a bit joke.
Yea, no. I'm not meleeing anything in human form. 30k-40k. 2-2.5 times a sec. More when I wear phys ring. My bland sin in drag with nearly 900 dex is 30k-39k at 2.86aps.

-17k m.def. is just not enough on this server, you will get wiped out by any magic class and archers and their magic shots.
My sin and archer both have 14k mag. def. Yes they are LA and have phys rings. That's the gimmick of hybrid. You don't excel in either, but you're moderated. They get rolled by magic classes, but I can also roll magic classes. It's all about what comes about in the fight. Sure I don't have as many stuns as my sin, but can still keep my opponent still majority of the time. But then again being heavy armor magic is your enemy anyway, all you can do is become less killable. Every player can be killed one way or another.

Are there any advantages about this build? Nope.
It fits my playstyle. K? Alright.
Last Edit: Oct 26, 2013, 09:24 am by Maximilillillian

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼

To be honest, sin with condensed thorn and wood pill=drop. >:
I've been floored as a HA veno too many times, and floored too many.
HA venos make me sad lol.

Iunno, the whole "about same stats thing" with having 20k (or whatever) mdef and pdef, I've also played a HA cleric long enough to know you'll still get hit so hard from magic classes. Especially if you don't have def levels. When my ha ep was still dragon, I got 1hit by a 3sparked psy in a 2v2 event. q.q

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
Last I checked for no r8, 10 defense levels were max minus engraving/WS/Cube. And also I see no problem of some dragon geared players dealing with some r8r. Unless they just camp def lvl weap in which case I don't have the want to fight against them anyway.
True range is a good advantage, however as veno I have no issue closing this gap. As for ranged players keeping them close isn't that hard either, what with genie, pet, and Fox skills.
In a server where max aps with dragon is 3.33, no its not the best. But it is fast enough imo. With wood/fire pots, I have no problem getting some melees to kite me.
Okay......... That just means an "almost pure int" go higher than my crit rate. If I wanted more crit I could gimp my main stat some also.
I too can switch between rings very easily. As for def lvls, again you are probably r8. I could put on more def lvls also if I were to get upgraded ring,WS,Cube or def lvl pataka even. This character isn't even that old. Just cause I have posted this current stuff doesn't mean I am done with it.
Yea, no. I'm not meleeing anything in human form. 30k-40k. 2-2.5 times a sec. More when I wear phys ring. My bland sin in drag with nearly 900 dex is 30k-39k at 2.86aps.
My sin and archer both have 14k mag. def. Yes they are LA and have phys rings. That's the gimmick of hybrid. You don't excel in either, but you're moderated. They get rolled by magic classes, but I can also roll magic classes. It's all about what comes about in the fight. Sure I don't have as many stuns as my sin, but can still keep my opponent still majority of the time. But then again being heavy armor magic is your enemy anyway, all you can do is become less killable. Every player can be killed one way or another.
It fits my playstyle. K? Alright.
You go girl!!! :D
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Pelnar

• The WR Under the Bridge
  • Feed me, Seymour
  • Characters: Pelnar, Hackee
  • Faction: Formerly ArchEnemy
Old thread is old, but I'd like to put in a word or two.

I put just enough points into magic and dex, and I have almost 950 Strength. I plan on switching from full Dragon HA to R8 when I finish rolling my set, and going full strength, with no points in Dex, and 74 in Magic for my Pataka. If that doesn't work, I still do pretty well with 17k MDef (maybe more?) on a bad day.

The thing I like about this build is the ability to one-shot things. You can roll off Damage Amp/Frenzy/FF Myriad/Extreme Poison/Fossilized Curse so fast it makes peoples heads spin. Just watch out for Arcane classes. If you're getting focused by one, don't be afraid to go human, and try to get off an Arcane Antimony if you die.

Also, Ironguard/Feral Concentration/AD is OP when people try to bet you that they can kill you in under 30 seconds, which has happened to me, before. <3
The WF that got Soul Trapper Banned

Offline Pelnar

• The WR Under the Bridge
  • Feed me, Seymour
  • Characters: Pelnar, Hackee
  • Faction: Formerly ArchEnemy
Old thread is old, but I'd like to put in a word or two.

I put just enough points into magic and dex, and I have almost 950 Strength. I plan on switching from full Dragon HA to R8 when I finish rolling my set, and going full strength, with no points in Dex, and 74 in Magic for my Pataka. If that doesn't work, I still do pretty well with 17k MDef (maybe more?) on a bad day.

The thing I like about this build is the ability to one-shot things. You can roll off Damage Amp/Frenzy/FF Myriad/Extreme Poison/Fossilized Curse so fast it makes peoples heads spin. Just watch out for Arcane classes. If you're getting focused by one, don't be afraid to go human, and try to get off an Arcane Antimony if you die.

Also, Ironguard/Feral Concentration/AD is OP when people try to bet you that they can kill you in under 30 seconds, which has happened to me, before. <3
Hello, younger,less experienced, and less well funded me. Oh, I miss those days.

I'm going to be writing a guide whenever I can find the drive to do so. 30k MDef and 40k PDef. 52k HP. Not sure on attack and defense levels, but it doesn't much matter. What does matter is performance. Tanking Arcanes? It's a joke now. Magic rings. Magic orns. Get good engraves. Learn timing for your channel/cast on Feral Concentration, camp IG and AD. Never die, spam debuffs everywhere and hit hard enough for the damage shown on ET in my siggy. Note that this was not a crit. Two minute CD on Feral is nothing when you have so much immunity at your fingertips. About to die? Let your charm recover with Feral/IG. Laugh at your opponents as your Puri weapon kicks in. Don't run to africa, run around your opponent and stay out of their range. Unless it's an EA or a wizard. In which case, run up at 200% speed and one-shot them, or at least make them waste Sutra/AD.

"HA Veno is a joke", they all cried.
"HA Veno has no damage", they laughed
"WHERE DID MY HP GO?" they screamed
"Why won't you die!?" they lamented
"Venos can't use Soul Link in GM damage event" said EvilTouch

It's not about the Bramble. It was never about the Bramble.
Now, pardon me while I raise funds for another Cube. I want to tank damage again, now that my Seeker has a DS.

P.S. @Old me: Never leave Fox Form. Ever. Unless you're on Nightscream in SZ to cast Bramble or prepping for a PvP GM event on a map that has Bramble enabled. Or if you're trying to solo BH Snakefist again, though you should really stop doing that, as you have faction mates to DD while you're stunlocked and tanking now.

Edit: 30/43 Def. Updating with other information without bumping it for reasons

Edit 2: Updated numbers, and I still need a better Cube.
Last Edit: Mar 01, 2016, 06:39 am by Pelnar
The WF that got Soul Trapper Banned