Epic Perfect World

Heavy Armor Veno

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
So i need some advice from my fellow heavy armor venos *i know you exsist xD* how should i set my points on here? i decided to go heavy because well.. i would like to live longer xD a barb snuck up behind me on my full arcane/magic veno and well i was dead xD... so any tips? :3 you can pm me in game also.
AND PLEASE NO FLAMING HERE XD
Last Edit: Oct 25, 2013, 06:34 pm by BanditCatOfLove
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
You could always just get phy rings
But for ha armor you just get enough dex and str then the rest back into magic because you'll be squishy against mages. =P

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
Although i play a HA Psy, personally i didn't like HA Veno. My Veno was still not that good at tanking, and magic classes killed her really easily. Her damage was bad too. I tried claw Veno, it was fun but it has the defence of a Sin and the damage can't kill most good geared classes. My aps did reach 3.33 base though, which was fun.

To answer you question though: just set the attributes using the gear requirements as guidelines, the rest into Mag. You could add some Vit to increase HP but you will still be easy to kill for magic classes.

There could be a better way of doing it but this is how i do it, i hope it helps.

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
Although i play a HA Psy, personally i didn't like HA Veno. My Veno was still not that good at tanking, and magic classes killed her really easily. Her damage was bad too. I tried claw Veno, it was fun but it has the defence of a Sin and the damage can't kill most good geared classes. My aps did reach 3.33 base though, which was fun.

To answer you question though: just set the attributes using the gear requirements as guidelines, the rest into Mag. You could add some Vit to increase HP but you will still be easy to kill for magic classes.

There could be a better way of doing it but this is how i do it, i hope it helps.
^
I went vit on my veno about a week ago for pulling cata in tw, but I was r8 so.. I had 1243 vit, 40k hp, most people had trouble trying to kill me lol. Even some of the 'bigger' named sins.  :normal-12:

Offline 🌸

• -
^
I went vit on my veno about a week ago for pulling cata in tw, but I was r8 so.. I had 1243 vit, 40k hp, most people had trouble trying to kill me lol. Even some of the 'bigger' named sins.  :normal-12:

I must try this! I much prefer tanking things than being able to kill them, idk why. :-[

for an easy life probably.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
^

HOLY HELL ON A BISCUIT! How the hell you get THAT much vit?! I mean, there's a requirement to wear a weapon and armor, how in the...*goes to play with it on her veno*

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
i like the thought of the *oh shiz this isnt an arcane veno wtf do i do now?* but i have heard of the HA/AA veno.. what build do you take for this? and im caught between vit build.. right now i have tome the night watch...
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
HOLY HELL ON A BISCUIT! How the hell you get THAT much vit?! I mean, there's a requirement to wear a weapon and armor, how in the...*goes to play with it on her veno*
My veno was lucky to have x3 and 2 str/magic stats and the weapon only called for 74 str/magic c:
Last Edit: Oct 23, 2013, 02:50 pm by Lolly

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
i like the thought of the *oh shiz this isnt an arcane veno wtf do i do now?* but i have heard of the HA/AA veno.. what build do you take for this? and im caught between vit build.. right now i have tome the night watch...
Huehue
Go for vit. You can tank magic and phy, but get r8 first as well that way you can have more. =P
My veno still had her nightwatch, she just used one phy ring, the other ring was the nw one.
You won't be able to kill anything though

Offline 🌸

• -

That is exactly the reason why i play a heavy Psy, i can tank Sins while doing hardly anything.

For your build, if you really want to tank Physical classes go strength and vitality, if you want a balance make sure to add quite a bit of magic. If you're going to be switching rings throughout your build make sure to check everything works well together, engraves really help with this.

I suggest just experimenting with it, resets are cheap so you can change things easily.

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
this is true :3 i wasnt sure if i want to go rank 8 or go with dragon.. especially since i have 150 dragon arcane armor i can either sell or trade. but im waiting till 145 to see if i even enjoy this build. not jumping ahead of myself :D
artwork done by me ^^

Offline bleyed

*** Disclaimer ***  Before I go further - My Veno just turned 150, and at that point I switched her from pure arcane.  My experience is therefore very limited.

That said, I decided to change my Veno up a bit when she hit 150, please stay with me and follow my fuzzy logic.  I had read (years ago) on the PW wiki pages (normal, not epic) that Sage Veno's, due to skills and defense or something like that, do better in fox-form.  The vast majority of the FF skills are melee-based, with some magic add-on.  Since Epic's Pataka series run high strength, heavy armor becomes a necessity, but that being true, so follows the lack of mag def.  My solution (and as I said in the beginning, untested other than a few minutes in PV) was to add to dex as well, making a combo HA/LA/Pataka Veno with an arcane Dragon helm.  I filled the shard slots 3 Pure Primeval, 1 Icebourne (mag def shard) on all 5 pieces, though I'm still using Lunar Energetic/Calm robe until I get the Ascended Dominance.

As pictured:
HA jacket/boots
LA pants/sleeves
AA helm
Lunar Glade Calm robe (APS will hit 2 with Energetic...)
Dragon accesories - ethereal necklace, protection belt, one ring of each

A ss I took, with the Nightwatch tome (STR/Crit %/interval) shows my stats...

Hope this at least gives an idea of the possibilities.  :smiley:
BleyedSin - 150 Demon Assassin - R8r attempting
PawedBleyed - 150 Sage Barb - R8r attempting
Munenori - 150 Sage Seeker
Bleyed - 150 Sage BM
Takuan - 150 Sage Psychic
Tsukaite - 150 Sage Wizard
Sogeki-hei - 150 Sage Archer
FoxyRiddle - 150 Sage Venomancer - R8r attempting
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
PawnShop - 150 Demon Cleric
ThisDeadGuy - 150 Sage Assassin
GoLyeth - 150 Demon Barb
MiyaMusashi - 150 Demon Seeker
...And a dozen others. ;)

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
*** Disclaimer ***  Before I go further - My Veno just turned 150, and at that point I switched her from pure arcane.  My experience is therefore very limited.

That said, I decided to change my Veno up a bit when she hit 150, please stay with me and follow my fuzzy logic.  I had read (years ago) on the PW wiki pages (normal, not epic) that Sage Veno's, due to skills and defense or something like that, do better in fox-form.  The vast majority of the FF skills are melee-based, with some magic add-on.  Since Epic's Pataka series run high strength, heavy armor becomes a necessity, but that being true, so follows the lack of mag def.  My solution (and as I said in the beginning, untested other than a few minutes in PV) was to add to dex as well, making a combo HA/LA/Pataka Veno with an arcane Dragon helm.  I filled the shard slots 3 Pure Primeval, 1 Icebourne (mag def shard) on all 5 pieces, though I'm still using Lunar Energetic/Calm robe until I get the Ascended Dominance.

As pictured:
HA jacket/boots
LA pants/sleeves
AA helm
Lunar Glade Calm robe (APS will hit 2 with Energetic...)
Dragon accesories - ethereal necklace, protection belt, one ring of each

A ss I took, with the Nightwatch tome (STR/Crit %/interval) shows my stats...

Hope this at least gives an idea of the possibilities.  :smiley:

omg loving your build!! have you been able to test it in pk/tw? :3 if so how was it :D
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
Kill yourself if you're playing an HA veno. HA venos are easier to kill than full r8 venos.
dont have to be a dik about it >.>
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Vionn

Kill yourself if you're playing an HA veno. HA venos are easier to kill than full r8 venos.
This. AA venos are already easy to kill for casters. If you want to be a tank veno go R8 and HA mix with vit. But if you're not going to be 100% support this build is useless as ***. If you just want to live longer but still be able to kill get a phys ring, or just learn to play your class better.