Epic Perfect World

Another question concerning weapon reskins

Offline Gigaknight

• The Black Knight
Simply, when will new additions be made? (To be clear, I don't mean the weapon fashion items, like the roses for daggers and such).

Pardon me if this question is not in the right subforum, or if its type is unwelcome--but I did do a search, and did not find it asked anywhere, nor did I find its answer.
The one and only.

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
Well obviously the answers not there if no ones asked the question. Also, I believe reskins were removed for a reason, but as to why, I don't know, nor do I care. Would be nice to have them back though.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
These kind of weapon reskins won't be added because:
- they let rank weapons to be account stashed
- they let weapons restricted to certain class be used by other classes
- they require me to do the manual edits in the database every time, which is bad idea, because one mistake can make map to crash upon login of character with reskined weapon

Offline Crystali

• Mad?
  • Faction: Worms
Well obviously the answers not there if no ones asked the question. Also, I believe reskins were removed for a reason, but as to why, I don't know, nor do I care. Would be nice to have them back though.
150Bow glitches useable for every class :sad:

Crystali-150SIN

Offline Gigaknight

• The Black Knight
These kind of weapon reskins won't be added because:
- they let rank weapons to be account stashed
- they let weapons restricted to certain class be used by other classes
- they require me to do the manual edits in the database every time, which is bad idea, because one mistake can make map to crash upon login of character with reskined weapon

@Vengeous: In the past, I've found answers to my questions without a topic being dedicated to them. That's what I meant.

@Agatio: I am not sure we're on the same page. The Boutique has an entire tab dedicated to the kind of weapon reskins I'm referring to, and there's an NPC that dispenses them at the cost of a weapon reskin token (if I have the name of the item right). Unless we are on the same page, and you actually do mean those reskins.

Then, perhaps, you mean that further additions (like, for instance, those in the topic devoted to reskin requests in the Suggestions subforum) would result in technical difficulties?

Or maybe what I'm talking about isn't called a weapon "reskin", but instead called "weapon fashion"? I recently bought the dual-sword Cost of Glory, and equipped it via the fashion interface in the inventory.
The one and only.

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
@Vengeous: In the past, I've found answers to my questions without a topic being dedicated to them. That's what I meant.

@Agatio: I am not sure we're on the same page. The Boutique has an entire tab dedicated to the kind of weapon reskins I'm referring to, and there's an NPC that dispenses them at the cost of a weapon reskin token (if I have the name of the item right). Unless we are on the same page, and you actually do mean those reskins.

Then, perhaps, you mean that further additions (like, for instance, those in the topic devoted to reskin requests in the Suggestions subforum) would result in technical difficulties?

Or maybe what I'm talking about isn't called a weapon "reskin", but instead called "weapon fashion"? I recently bought the dual-sword Cost of Glory, and equipped it via the fashion interface in the inventory.
there are two types of rekins. The weapon fashion (sold from that NPC and from the boutique tab) And the old ones Where Agatio had to reskin the weapon himself. The ones that agatio had to edit are no longer available. Instead he replaced the old reskins with the newer versions. The ones we can wear as "fash".  If you ever want to make a reskin suggestion post in this topic New Weapon Reskins Suggestion . I believe thats the only way to make suggestions for more reskins.

I also don't know when we are getting more. Some were recently added last couple of patches

Offline Jolhans

• Old Player
Hes reffering as fash weapon skin. I am also one of the people that is wondering when new skins will be added. Like for example the new g17 and g18 skins that were posted along with new class skills improvements.

Give me a few mins to find the link and I'll post it here.

Offline Jolhans

• Old Player
epicpw.com/general-discussion/pwi-skill-changes/

the new weapon skins can be found in the Blizkieg's (forum user) or something reply

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
Simply, when will new additions be made?

can you be more specific ?
we have fashion and reskins both integrated in the game alrdy.
we simply do not add all the reskins in the game at once cuz we prefer to add x amount on each patch, less work this way and not so much time consuming.

Offline Gigaknight

• The Black Knight
can you be more specific ?
we have fashion and reskins both integrated in the game alrdy.
we simply do not add all the reskins in the game at once cuz we prefer to add x amount on each patch, less work this way and not so much time consuming.
When I said "new additions", I meant those based on requests made in the suggestion topic I linked above--the one where you can request such reskin items. In retrospect, however, that didn't seem like a very wise question.

Rather, I'd like to ascertain that the requests in that topic are still being seen and added. (If they are, I can understand that the staff has a backlog of requests to go through.)
The one and only.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
eventually the idea is adding them all into the game but...it gets better if we add a few each time we patch, instead of just adding 500 or 600 reskins in one patch.
also the size counts it would be a huge patch to add all those reskins available in the game  :-[

we are adding the requested ones, just not in one go.

Offline Gigaknight

• The Black Knight
@EvilTouch: Understood.

Thank you, all, for your informative replies.
The one and only.