Epic Perfect World

Newbie guide please.

Offline holdmeup01

Hello. I'm new at playing perfect world. then i found this server and i think it is cool which i want to play. but my problem is i don't know anything about perfect world. So I'm making this thread hoping that someone can help me for starting up. like what class should i create. what items should i use. where can i go leveling. and so much more. i know there are other guides there but i don't know what are they talking about. So help me maybe?   :-[

Ps Sorry for my bad english. just deal with it.  :D

Offline Kewee

• Old Player
  • It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”
  • Faction: GoodGame
Choose the class you think sounds most appealing to you. All classes have pros and cons to how they play but I'm sure you'll find one you like. Honestly, when I first started I made a sin (assassin) just for farming purposes since you can just lazily kill mobs and get their iteons. But idk  :-\ As for items, use the given gear you get when you make your toon until you reach 130 and farm the items (I can help, just whisper me in game) since 120 isn't worth farming imo. At 140 you can either farm primal gear (which you have have to farm FC (frost covered city) for) or you can save your votes for demonic which can later be crafted into your dragon gears. Leveling, from 1 - 110 you kill the bunnies, afterwards you level through PV (Phoenix Valley) which you can find in Archosaur or any of the major cities. I personally prefer the one at Etherblade because easier to get to and less lag :\ To get in you'll talk to an NPC called "Khoan the survivor" after you do one run you'll have to reset it or you can't go again, party a friend, give them lead, and leave. It'll reset.

If none of this made sense (I'm tired as hell) just whisper me in game at any time, I'm usually on my toon Megurine~  ;)

Offline holdmeup01

so i just need to equip the items given to me right? and level up to 130 ? is there any rebirth here or what? BTW thank you so much.  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ sure to pm you in game  :)) :))

Offline Kewee

• Old Player
  • It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”
so i just need to equip the items given to me right? and level up to 130 ? is there any rebirth here or what? BTW thank you so much.  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ sure to pm you in game  :)) :))
When you choose your class, name it, and log into the game you start off at level one. When you open your inventory you're given your 110 gears automatically. I usually use them until 130 and then farm my 130 gears since 120 isn't needed to be bothered for. Why? Because by the time you get all the mats for it you could already be 130 and farming it. And no, there is no rebirth here. If you want to pm me in game, I'm on right now  :tiger-1:

Offline AnthraXE

Yes, but to equip the items, you need to stat. This is done by pressing C and then look at your gear for the minimum requirements :P (if you didn't know).

I don't know what rebirth exactly is... if you mean GV or Delta, then yes there is that, but most players don't do a full one unless they need to change their cultivation.

Maximum level cap here is 150, so after you get your 130 armors keep on leveling till 150, at which case you get dragon and then R8 Armors.

If you need any help, there is a Guide section on this forum that has guides for almost everything. :D

Or you could PM me on Pythix, but I'm not as knowledgeable when it comes to this game as other people here are :/

Offline Kewee

• Old Player
Yes, but to equip the items, you need to stat. This is done by pressing C and then look at your gear for the minimum requirements :P (if you didn't know).

I don't know what rebirth exactly is... if you mean GV or Delta, then yes there is that, but most players don't do a full one unless they need to change their cultivation.

Maximum level cap here is 150, so after you get your 130 armors keep on leveling till 150, at which case you get dragon and then R8 Armors.

If you need any help, there is a Guide section on this forum that has guides for almost everything. :D

Or you could PM me on Pythix, but I'm not as knowledgeable when it comes to this game as other people here are :/
I'm ashamed to admit I forgot about stating  :normal-12:

Offline AnthraXE

I'm ashamed to admit I forgot about stating  :normal-12:

Haha its okay :D Everyone slips up every once in a while :P

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
Welcome to EPW ^_^

This will be your best place to start:

http://epicpw.com/guides/a-guide-to-guides/

It's a directory to all our guides and information about PW and EPW (Where to level, getting gear, farming, instances, quests, cultivation, everything). It's sorted and in more of an order, so it's a bit easier to follow than wandering through the guides section.

As for which class to play, that is up to you. Whether you prefer magic or physical, ranged or melee, support or DD. As you are leveling, it gives you a chance to try out the class, so you can always switch before you get fully geared if the playing style doesn't suit you.

In the link above, the first few items in the list are Beginner's Guides, to help you get leveled up a bit to start with and into the game. Try giving those a go first.

Also, once you get into game, feel free to pop into the support chat room (one of the buttons on your chat window) and the GMs and other staff will be more than happy to help you.

Good luck, feel free to PM me in game on the chars in my signature or on forums.
Last Edit: Oct 23, 2013, 07:35 am by Glow

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline IsCo

• ~The Original Tideborn~
  • Characters: IsCo , CowardlyDog
  • Faction: Ducks
Join helpful faction and am sure they ll help u with everythng..  8)

Offline holdmeup01

Thanks !  ^-^ sure to do it after the patch.  :P  :P :P

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
  • Not in Game for a million years!
  • Characters: Abis and more
  • Faction: DarkArms 卐
Welcome To Pay2play PW *cough* *cough* Pve i meant, enjoy your stay. 
~I'm Leader~
LVL 152 R8 Psy/Sin/Wiz/Barb/Seeker/Veno/Archer/BM/Mystic 
My Shop | Youtube

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Welcome! ^^ Have fun

Oh, and to your questions, all I would do is click around and press all keys, find all shortcuts asap.
class-depending on your pref, you should pick, and all give some brief overview of the classes.
(: