Epic Perfect World

So like.....

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
  • *lalalala* Sins are OP *lalalala*
So I don't like hypocrits. I don't like those in powers get anal over certain rules but then turn around and blatantly break the same rules they're anal about it. Say waaaaaaaattttt?  ???

Reminds me of politics  ::)

Discuss  ;D

Note: I don't believe I broke any rules on this post.
Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:48 am by Zaibeast'
Zaibeast - 150 Demon Barbarian
Dynasti - 150 Demon Archer
Peekabooo - 150 Demon Assassin
Peekabam - 150 Sage Psychic

Offline Asator

• Retired Staff Member
  • Raised by the sword
  • Master of war
"Power". People have a big misconception of what being a GM is and don't really comprehend it at all.

So, direct me, what's the point of this thread? What was the point of the previous? What was the point that occassioned the second one?

Please, read the general forum & game rules here.
If you have any problem, feel free to PM me.

-Retired-

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
Oh the point of this thread? To raise awareness of what actually happens. The very fact that GMs are able to do stuff like mute/ban players gives them "power" lol. Isn't that obvious enough?

So if players see something wrong, we aren't allowed to bring up those issues? And you guys stamp it as, "oh it causes drama so Ima delete it".

Offline Asator

• Retired Staff Member
  • Raised by the sword
  • Master of war
And what was the issue?

-Retired-
And what was the issue?

the issue is that a GM can say something like "faggers" in wc but people get muted if they say similar things and when i pmed said GM he shrugged it off like he doesn't give a crap. so then he comes to west gate and we start insulting one another in plain chat (mind you he's still on his GM account). things escalate and i insult his mother and he then goes on to give me a 2 day ban on just this petty offense (without any warnings prior to the actual ban mind you) then i come back on my psy call him an idiot and he bans my psy as well for 2 days (he says he muted it and then banned it because i insulted his mother again but ummmm insulting his mom would be hard to do when im muted).

now I'm fine in taking some sort of penalty for my actions but so should the GM in the altercation. not only was he insulting a player in regular chat but he takes things personally and gives extensive bans on simple cussing without any warnings.

and that sir is the issue...

Offline Asator

• Retired Staff Member
  • Raised by the sword
  • Master of war
Oh, I excuse myself, I thought it was all about another thread that I deleted not related to this at all.

I do agree with you on your point. Best thing to do is report it to Agatio, as I'm sure you've done. Measures will be taken. If you would be so kind to PM the name of the GM and SS's, I'll help as well.

-Retired-

Offline DeadAngel

The issue lies with the fact that GM's can set rules but they don't follow it themselves. I've seen it a number of times in WC/Common Chat where a GM has either provoked or added fuel to the fire of a already heated conversation, then want to go and ban people for either defending themselves or talking back to the GM. It makes no sense to have all these rules that you want the players to abide by but yet the GM's can't/won't follow them their selves. Granted some do but from what I've seen most don't.

Now I can understand ban for excessive cussing or muting people who are starting drama in chat, but I say don't just mute one person of the drama filled conversation, mute whoever is involved in the conversation (especially if it's clear that it's just between two or three people).

You want to implement rules but yet most of them, via chat, doesn't get followed by those who are suppose to be implementing the rules.

Offline Asator

• Retired Staff Member
  • Raised by the sword
  • Master of war
I'd like to think of myself someone who always goes by them and that has never fueled the fire of anything, but my sexyness levels. I try to keep it as enjoyable and drama free for everyone, muting if needed, banning if needed and making events where people have fun. Haven't really seen the situations you describe, but probably because I've to work during those times most of the time.

But I'll look into it and try to give a solution.

-Retired-

Offline Asator

• Retired Staff Member
  • Raised by the sword
  • Master of war
And what was the issue?

the issue is that a GM can say something like "faggers" in wc but people get muted if they say similar things and when i pmed said GM he shrugged it off like he doesn't give a crap. so then he comes to west gate and we start insulting one another in plain chat (mind you he's still on his GM account). things escalate and i insult his mother and he then goes on to give me a 2 day ban on just this petty offense (without any warnings prior to the actual ban mind you) then i come back on my psy call him an idiot and he bans my psy as well for 2 days (he says he muted it and then banned it because i insulted his mother again but ummmm insulting his mom would be hard to do when im muted).

now I'm fine in taking some sort of penalty for my actions but so should the GM in the altercation. not only was he insulting a player in regular chat but he takes things personally and gives extensive bans on simple cussing without any warnings.

and that sir is the issue...

Nevermind, got ahold of it all now.

-Retired-

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
Before anyone can say the defense of "GMs are ONLY humans and will make mistakes" let me just make a few things clear. Sure GMs are only humans and will make mistakes. HOWEVER, what I don't like is if those same people try to hide/make excuses/cover-up/lie/deny/ignore their mistakes and pretend otherwise OR decide to use their ability to mute/ban as a way to "mitigate" the situation THEY started. At least have the courtesy or the guts to man-up or woman-up to your own mistakes. If you at least do that, the majority if not all of the players will actually forget about it and move on. If you don't, well you just indirectly added fuel to the fire and you have no one to blame but yourself.

Those in position will always be scrutinized by those around them. So suck it up and deal with it :D I got ma magnifying glass on you. WHAT CHU GOT?!?!

/endofrantcuzthisthreadwillprobablygetdeletedsoonerorlater
Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 05:47 am by Zaibeast'