Epic Perfect World

Fix Ares spawn times

Offline Kyrix

Per information provided by GMs, Ares currently ends at 22:00 server time. However, during the last spawn, he simply spawns and disappears, not allowing the last group of people to kill him and claim the rewards, even though they had picked up the quest prior to the end time.

I know that this is not a problem for most people, but there's a handful of people who are only able to catch this last interval due to other commitments.

I suggest either to extend the time to actually allow this last batch of people who pick it up prior to 22:00 to finish the quest, or to decrease the time such that this last group of people can't even pick up the quest. It's just disappointing week after week to pick up the quest, get ported in, and wait 10 minutes only to be told to come again next week.

Thanks for reading.

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
Or simply have the quest giver disappear, and keep Ares around until he dies. It's not that difficult, since he's in an instance. If he spawns BEFORE 2200 server time, but 2200 comes around BEFORE he dies, it shouldnt be difficult to have the NPC that gives the quest disappear, but keep the active instance viable until he dies, and reward NPC despawns. I'm not a coding expert, but since it's a custom event, altering the coding to make the termination time open ended shouldnt be all that difficult.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline Naosu

• Boop
Or simply have the quest giver disappear, and keep Ares around until he dies. It's not that difficult, since he's in an instance. If he spawns BEFORE 2200 server time, but 2200 comes around BEFORE he dies, it shouldnt be difficult to have the NPC that gives the quest disappear, but keep the active instance viable until he dies, and reward NPC despawns. I'm not a coding expert, but since it's a custom event, altering the coding to make the termination time open ended shouldnt be all that difficult.

This. Having NPC with quest disappear and leaving Ares til he dies that last time I think is the best idea. Otherwise remove npc like 10 minutes before 22:00 so that people can't grab and not finish.
What am I even doing?

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Good suggestion, thanks

Offline Kyrix

This is exactly what I meant by extending the duration of the time. Thank you for putting it into better words for me :)

And thank you Agatio for taking this into consideration.