Epic Perfect World

Buff Durations

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
First of all, in regards to the '50 skills that they changed'. I presume you are talking about the skill updates in the SoW patch. These were in fact done by PWI, not our devs, which was done to improve the balance of the game overall.

As for adding or removing skills, the only skills that I am aware of that have been changed, added or removed by our staff is the level 11 psy buffs. This was also done for balance on our server. I cannot see how your suggestion lends itself to improving the balance on this server. Why fix something that ain't broke?

As for making mountains out of molehills, you seem to be the only person who has done so. All people have done is disagree with your suggestion, which they have every right to and you should be well aware happens when posting on forums. Congrats on discrediting your whole suggestion with your last post though.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
First of all, in regards to the '50 skills that they changed'. I presume you are talking about the skill updates in the SoW patch. These were in fact done by PWI, not our devs, which was done to improve the balance of the game overall.

As for adding or removing skills, the only skills that I am aware of that have been changed, added or removed by our staff is the level 11 psy buffs. This was also done for balance on our server. I cannot see how your suggestion lends itself to improving the balance on this server. Why fix something that ain't broke?

As for making mountains out of molehills, you seem to be the only person who has done so. All people have done is disagree with your suggestion, which they have every right to and you should be well aware happens when posting on forums. Congrats on discrediting your whole suggestion with your last post though.

Absorb Soul also had a slight change. It's crit proc has been removed.

Offline Mirquel

• D Re ✙urN Leader
  • Hakuna Matata!
I dont agree with this suggestion,for god sake. No. And cleric 30Mins buff will be a 1Hour duration if it is Dark or True/Holy.
If you can beat 'em, Join 'em!

DJBFF

I dont agree with this suggestion,for god sake. No. And cleric 30Mins buff will be a 1Hour duration if it is Dark or True/Holy.
Or the squad buff, they last for 1 hour ._.

Offline Mirquel

• D Re ✙urN Leader
  • Hakuna Matata!
Or the squad buff, they last for 1 hour ._.
Yeah! +1.
If you can beat 'em, Join 'em!

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
Buff durations (for group buffs) on all Sage, Demon, and 1-level skills should be 1 hour.

EDITED TO ADD:

LOL...WTF? You all don't even UNDERSTAND the freaking suggestion or what it means to IMPROVE something.
No . I know what u are upto . u are goona full buff then come to pk , so u dont have to go to buff in every 30 mins (i think) those bm and barb buff will dissappear .
Sorry this idea will deprove the game . Not improve .

DJBFF

No . I know what u are upto . u are goona full buff then come to pk , so u dont have to go to buff in every 30 mins (i think) those bm and barb buff will dissappear .
Sorry this idea will deprove the game . Not improve .
You know, this could also be used for PV >.>

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
Talk about you all making mountains out of a molehill.
 :sad: Now I just feel left out :sad:
plz...I wanna be included in the mountain making contest...

Right, right, right.

I SINCERELY apologize for suggesting something SOOOOOOO unreasonable.
OMG...what the HELL was I THINKING???

They didn't JUST change like 50 skills, now, did they???

AND they didn't just add new ones, did they??? NO, NO, NO....it's NOT POSSIBLE. The skills must have ALWAYS been there???

Cuz I don't believe that these things could EVER have happened in my lifetime :shocked:

To Whom It May Concern (aka Agatio):
Please amend my suggestion to the following:

Please update the game and make it so that ALL CHARS have ALL BUFFS...let's just forget about CLASS buffs!!!

AND let's make the buffs only castable on ourselves....that way we won't EVER have a buff we don't WANT. OMG...I think I just solved the WORST problem in the game!!!

AND the buffs should last until you log off. That way we don't even NEED another person in squad with us to buff us for the entire time we are online. We can have our buffs on us all the time (but only if we WANT them).

Or....WAIT....you should be able to set the time for the buff, that way if you want a 5 min buff, you can have it, or if you want a 10 hour buff, you can have that, too....YES, YES, YES...BUFF TIMER...PERFECT SOLUTION!!!!!

AND buffs should be completely disallowed if you are in PK mode. INSTANT PURIFY!!!!! (sorry, was this the worst problem in the game???....not anymore....problem has been SOLVED...muhahaha)...We want to IMPROVE the game & so getting rid of things is the PERFECT solution!!!!

Who'd a ever thinked it would be THIS simple???

Now, you all don't think those things are too unreasonable, do you all???

Please, please, please, don't be afraid to tell me what you all really think...I don't think I could live with myself if I suggested something unreasonable :sad: :sad:

P.S. - We need a judge for this contest.
P.P.S. - I vote for whoever will declare me the winner ^_^

Most of us do understand what your suggestion was implying. Buffs (mostly all of them) have had no change for years, And they are fine the way they are. Its not that your suggestion is bad, Everyone is allowed to voice their own opinion on everything.

You know, this could also be used for PV >.>
^this it could be good for that yes. But you gotta look at the opposite affect for other situations. Imo a time duration wouldn't matter (depending on the buff). but the amount of work they would have to do to change the time, Would be wasteful considering they could use that time on something more important.

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
Most of us do understand what your suggestion was implying. Buffs (mostly all of them) have had no change for years, And they are fine the way they are. Its not that your suggestion is bad, Everyone is allowed to voice their own opinion on everything. ^this it could be good for that yes. But you gotta look at the opposite affect for other situations. Imo a time duration wouldn't matter (depending on the buff). but the amount of work they would have to do to change the time, Would be wasteful considering they could use that time on something more important.
+1

DJBFF

Most of us do understand what your suggestion was implying. Buffs (mostly all of them) have had no change for years, And they are fine the way they are. Its not that your suggestion is bad, Everyone is allowed to voice their own opinion on everything. ^this it could be good for that yes. But you gotta look at the opposite affect for other situations. Imo a time duration wouldn't matter (depending on the buff). but the amount of work they would have to do to change the time, Would be wasteful considering they could use that time on something more important.
How about PV buffs then? o.o Like, special buffs for PV, but they expire when you leave the area! ^^

Offline AnthraXE

In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, buffs are fine the way there are. PWI devs have made them in respect to the balances in PWI, and furthermore, there have been several balances made by the GM's here too, such as the Psychic Level 11 buff. This means that not only are there a team of devs that are balancing the official game, but the gm's are also balancing the game. In addition, every (or most, I have yet to find one which doesn't) MMORPG game has buffs in pvp and pve, from Guild Wars 2 to WOW, and if that has been the case for all these games, there must be a reason why buffs were implemented like this.

Plus I agree with the fact that the time duration does not need to change, but the effect does for balance. If you're constantly paying attention to the game, you'll know when your buffs run out and then you can rebuff or ask for a rebuff. However the effect matters a lot since a +5% crit chance, for example, compared to a 2% crit chance for 5 minutes each would still have a significant difference. The only good thing about extending time duration would be that you don't have to click the buff button that often, aka convienience.

And as for PV buffs, that might be a good idea. It could be something like the GV Bless Box, because some classes really do struggle when doing PV solo.

My two cents on this topic :P

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
How about PV buffs then? o.o Like, special buffs for PV, but they expire when you leave the area! ^^
That would be cool. something like the npc in the morai event? Pay some coins for some buffs every run. would love that.

DJBFF

That would be cool. something like the npc in the morai event? Pay some coins for some buffs every run. would love that.
I sometimes do have good ideas ^^

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
I sometimes do have good ideas ^^
ikr  :))