Epic Perfect World

fix lag

Offline Ace

• Stop bothering me.
  • Characters: Ace
  • Faction: Regicide Leader
Dear player, there is very little to noting I can do to make your gameplay more comfortable with lower latency. Game patches don't have any effect on players' ping. Server is located in France, which is very far from the Philippines. You can try and ask your PH friends if they are encountering same issue.
The problem is that latency from one location can be much higher due to different network route that is taken to the server. Client always chooses the route that is the cheapest, not the route that is the most effective and sometimes encounters problems on the way which results in lag spikes and high ping. If you were able to play with smooth ping before, the problem that is occurring now can be only temporary.
But, like I said, this is not issue of the server and there is nothing I can do about this. It may fix itself in few next days. If it doesn't, the only possible fix would be using special services, like WTFast, which are lowering the latency, by choosing better network routes to the place where the server is located.
Also for now you can try rebooting your router, although I am not sure if it will help you.
K well I have never had major issues with lag, and when I did I had like 1200ms at the most and usually was running a bunch of different programs or just had a lot of devices using my router at once. Since 2 days ago I've been randomly going from 300ms to 27000ms. Sometimes I even have issues and my reading says 200ms, which makes no sense. I'm quite sure it isn't my router and that I shouldn't be having such massive and random lag spikes even with the server being in France seeing as before two days ago, this had never happened.

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
K well I have never had major issues with lag, and when I did I had like 1200ms at the most and usually was running a bunch of different programs or just had a lot of devices using my router at once. Since 2 days ago I've been randomly going from 300ms to 27000ms. Sometimes I even have issues and my reading says 200ms, which makes no sense. I'm quite sure it isn't my router and that I shouldn't be having such massive and random lag spikes even with the server being in France seeing as before two days ago, this had never happened.
Yea.....
Last Edit: Mar 16, 2015, 04:38 pm by BlackRoft

Offline Rayo

Run CMD and type ping "whatever website you want" -t. There you'll have a better look on how your internet is doing. If got a steady ping lets say 130-140ms in every time it logs then you can say your internet is fine and if you get timeouts or a drastic change of ping from 135ms to 1000/400ms then its your connection that is the problem. When you got a steady ping and its still lagging you can blame your internet provider. I've been playing EPW for about a year now and I've not experience any of your problems which makes me conclude that you have done something wrong on your part. Sure I got lags too but as long as not everyone says it is then you can't blame it to the server.

Death from Above

Ennaoj

Run CMD and type ping "whatever website you want" -t. There you'll have a better look on how your internet is doing. If got a steady ping lets say 130-140ms in every time it logs then you can say your internet is fine and if you get timeouts or a drastic change of ping from 135ms to 1000/400ms then its your connection that is the problem. When you got a steady ping and its still lagging you can blame your internet provider. I've been playing EPW for about a year now and I've not experience any of your problems which makes me conclude that you have done something wrong on your part. Sure I got lags too but as long as not everyone says it is then you can't blame it to the server.

Been there done that re: pinging.
I've even done trace routes.
It can't be my modem.
People from PH aren't the only one experiencing the lags, really spiked up lags. So many threads AND WC shouts regarding this. Could it be coz of those people's ISP / routing / modem / routers? As in all of those people?

However, if the owner says it's the routing my signal / connection is taking for the game, then so be it.
I appreciate the fact Aga has given an answer to this (one that I'm able to finally read myself lol), so I'll prolly just have to deal with it.

Meh.

Last Edit: Oct 16, 2013, 08:01 am by Pink_Feather

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
can i know if u installed anything lately?

i have something u may try.
open the msconfig panel and check for unecessary stuff your computer is opening or running.

let me know if u found anything suspiciuos  :-[

Ennaoj

open the msconfig panel and check for unecessary stuff your computer is opening or running.

Hello, EvilTouch :)

The pc itself is new. Well the motherboard and the VCs, atleast.
And no, I haven't installed anything lately aside for the ones I need on my pc. TBH, EPW and another offline game and Diablo3 are the only games installed here so far.

When I play, only other programs running are some tabs on my Chrome, and that's it. No other background programs that might eat the resources.
I'm also pretty sure the PC doesn't have any virus/malwares that might cause the slowness of the game or any programs on it, my husband and I have been Tech Support for long now that we have checked stuff like those :)

But I appreciate the time, GM.
If the owner said it's not tha game or the patch, then it isn't :)
Thanks GM <3
Last Edit: Oct 16, 2013, 10:30 pm by Pink_Feather

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran

I always close the unnecessary stuff that are running. But still laggy and being dc'ed.
Last Edit: Mar 16, 2015, 04:38 pm by BlackRoft

Ennaoj

Oh sorry, thought ET was talking to me xD

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
Oh sorry, thought ET was talking to me xD
He is talking to everyone who is getting dc'ed and laggs. ET is talking to you also. You are welcome to answer him xD .
Last Edit: Mar 16, 2015, 04:39 pm by BlackRoft

Offline ORACLE

• PRAY FOR GAZA
  • STILL FARMING FOR PE
  • Characters: WHO CARE
  • Faction: PVE FOREVER

:pig-37: clean ur lappy or desktop, reduce the XxX stream and download

Ennaoj

:pig-37: clean ur lappy or desktop, reduce the XxX stream and download

That's your lappy/Desktop, not mine.

Offline ORACLE

• PRAY FOR GAZA
  • STILL FARMING FOR PE
  • Characters: WHO CARE
  • Faction: PVE FOREVER
That's your lappy/Desktop, not mine.

:normal-43:

Offline Ace

• Stop bothering me.
  • Characters: Ace
  • Faction: Regicide Leader
I've been playing this server almost 2 years now and this problem only arose for me from the time I've been on this server 3 days ago. I know it isn't my internet or my internet provider. I'd also like to say to you to please refrain from talking about or judging an issue you've yet to experience without more consideration because to me seems like you're saying it isn't the server because YOU aren't having the issue and haven't experienced this in your time on this server. Well I've been on this server longer and it's only happened to me as of couple days ago.

Checked and nothing unnecessary and the only thing I've recently installed is rain meter and that was about a month ago. I also went into my processes when I was running EPW and ended everything nonessential to see if that was the case when this problem arose for me and it did not solve the issue.

Offline Euikon

• Forum Veteran

Offline c3Po

• Characters: Uncomplete