Epic Perfect World

How to combat lag?

Offline Chibbi

• Was a pleasure
  • Characters: Chibbi
Last night was the first time I had unbelievable lag from Hades.  Like 3k ping and everything.  I'm pretty sure it's on my side but aside from dropping the graphics down (they are) and resetting the router I'm not sure what else I can do.

So I ask you all what you do or suggestions.  A quick search for lag (and it's a long list) showed one of the suggestions was to do a speed test.  Not sure how that will fix it rather than confirm that "yup, your 'net sucks".

And if a thread like this already exists, please point me in that direction.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Last night was the first time I had unbelievable lag from Hades.  Like 3k ping and everything.  I'm pretty sure it's on my side but aside from dropping the graphics down (they are) and resetting the router I'm not sure what else I can do.

So I ask you all what you do or suggestions.  A quick search for lag (and it's a long list) showed one of the suggestions was to do a speed test.  Not sure how that will fix it rather than confirm that "yup, your 'net sucks".

And if a thread like this already exists, please point me in that direction.
Uhm i dont know if by graphics you mean proxy visuals and effects, but if you don't, turning them to 0 makes lag more tolerable.
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Chibbi

• Was a pleasure
Yeah that's what I meant, proxy visuals and effects/graphics.  Close enough lol
I didn't think to do that last night.  My first thought was resetting the router...which I never did.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Yeah that's what I meant, proxy visuals and effects/graphics.  Close enough lol
I didn't think to do that last night.  My first thought was resetting the router...which I never did.
Uhm, having something else open beside PW can cause lag also, mostly I just keep browser on but sometimes it gets laggy with even that.  :-[ But the best way to combat lag is to get a good pc :police:
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Chibbi

• Was a pleasure
Thank you for your help at least.  I know it's on my side.  I know that the speed of the computer isn't the issue.  I know that the router isn't the problem.  It's something I did that made it get progressively worse.  I thought maybe there were some ways to combat it strictly for the game or whatnot.  But well...it's a little more than that.