Epic Perfect World

PERFECT MATCH

pikachuchu

Wew I din even see who opened the thread.. Anyway, this server has quite a lot of helpers. First day on I had a lot of people wanting to help me. Even now, EpwSupport chat is very helpful when help is needed. But imo, this thing is weird and useless.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
1) Disagreeing with a suggestion doesn't make you a jerk
2) I'm pretty sure Vookie was most likely trolling when posting this (then again may be serious. Stranger things have happened)
3) If you want to get technical about its use and worth then while this might be beneficial for pwi, as for p.servers, I generally find them to already be more socialable than pwi, as they are purely about pk and interactions with others as opposed to questing, grinding and slowly slowly gearing and leveling. Without any effort at all, I was able to meet people through pv, pk, bh and joining factions. Might be a tad daunting but it's really not hard and I don't think this feature would make things any easier as the difficulty in meeting people would be determined by the nature of the community and not an in game feature (and why pwi is encouraging online lovers when a great majority of players are children is beyond me). And tbh on this server, a system like this would be abused. Too many trolls. So if you want a serious answer, it's really not worth the effort and I highly doubt it would greatly influence the social interaction with others for many people. I see it as an unnecessary feature for a private server of a fantasy mmo.
Money. Find your lovers, pay us to get married. The reason the game is turning more into social networking is because A) they're beginning to lose business to private servers due to their stupid pricing on things and B) they're trying to find new things to entertain their current player base which are younger people who do nothing but go on Facebook and the likes.

Would it be nice to have a way to get some help? Sure. That's what mentor/apprentice features are for on other games. This is basically a Facebook random friend search/add.

If they wanted something to help people out, they would implement the mentor/apprentice feature they use on their other games wherein new players sign up and older players take them under their wing and both benefit.

I just wanted to find friends/ppl with same interests to talk to... You all go full hate, meh, sad lives are sad

And btw Azryn don't tell for me if I was trolling or not cuz clearly U dunno sh1t
As for finding friends, random people that have the same interests as you wont suddenly become your friends. Pretty sure that attitude of yours will send them flying.

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
I just wanted to find friends/ppl with same interests to talk to... You all go full hate, meh, sad lives are sad

And btw Azryn don't tell for me if I was trolling or not cuz clearly U dunno sh1t

Lol. No need to be so rude. I said pretty sure, I never said you were. Forgive me if you didn't seem overly convincing in your original post nor do I ever see you being friendly or polite to others. So I found it rather hard to believe you wanted a social system. Perhaps you'd meet people easier if you weren't so rude all the time. But hey, I don't know shit right?
And you call other people sad....

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

pikachuchu

If they wanted something to help people out, they would implement the mentor/apprentice feature they use on their other games wherein new players sign up and older players take them under their wing and both benefit.

^ This. I've played a game where this was implemented. The mentor got money for helping the player and the player also got rewards + help from the person. (: It was nice.

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
Wouldnt hurt to implement it, sometimes you can WC for hours and find nobody to help you. As for the lover part, if it can be removed, even better.  :tiger-1:

Most of the reason it can take hours to find help is that people just dont like you.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
^ This. I've played a game where this was implemented. The mentor got money for helping the player and the player also got rewards + help from the person. (: It was nice.

Was this game Atlantica Online? 

Systems like that work.  I even thought that it'd be something like the Duty Finder on Final Fantasy 14, which pairs you up according to job for instances.  This?  Nonononono.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

pikachuchu

Was this game Atlantica Online?

No. xD Actually it was a really stupid and nubby game called Fiesta. xD

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran

Forsaken world also had this mentor system....inb4 pwe turns pwi into fw, the next thing im expecting is them implementing fw's pvp arena

pikachuchu

On topic though: I find this system very creepy. It's like pming someone : Hi, the matchmaking thing paired us. It's fate, let's date. It would freak me out. xD So my vote = no. That's all. <3

Alucardsupul

I loved mentor system in fw. Got a great master and had lots of fun. I myself can't tell why but fw has better community (maybe because chat is not that active xD). So I know I wasn't only one who enjoyed questing with master. But this match thingy with all its hobbies and stuff, scares me :normal-27:

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Most of the reason it can take hours to find help is that people just dont like you.
And what makes you think I need help from others? Im talking about new people, and dont worry ,everybody loves me.
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
I  say add this so people would stop spamming world chat for a wife/husband desperately as they already do.. (I laughed so hard oh my god.)

Offline Naosu

• Boop
No. I saw that on the PWI update and died inside.

NO.

Unless there's a way to opt out. I don't want random people pming me. >< It annoys me.
What am I even doing?

Offline ShuiYu

• Old Player
  • Faction: Xpendable

that game used to be the love of my life.
[8/22/13 12:56:05 PM] Fab: come, i headhunt your pants
[8/22/13 12:56:38 PM] Bre :3: You're so cute I shadow walk before coming near you.
[8/22/13 12:56:59 PM] Scott: You make me fully charge my take aim.
[8/22/13 12:57:46 PM] Hong: You're so hot even soul of fire cant stop you
[8/22/13 12:57:46 PM] Scott: You make my domain absolute.
[8/22/13 12:58:18 PM] Bre :3: Your beauty stuns me through belief.
[8/22/13 1:00:04 PM] Scott: Keep this up and i'll release my deadly shot.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
Honestly, I only see problems coming from this. While it may be fun for some people, it could also give a lot of people a hard time. So I say no.  :-X
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.