Epic Perfect World

Support Cleric Guide (Beechee's Version)

Cheebee

No hate this is just a guide of my opinion on how to play a cleric i dont mention most of wat i dnt know (exmaple sage cleric) ik there's quite a few demon supp clerics around so just wanna share some tips across.

i made mistake used BB pic instead of SoR skill but cba rendering it all over again D:

hello everyone this is a Support Cleric guide.

for starters i'll talk about cultivation, sage or demon

i'll start with sage wont go into too much detail though:
i've only played sage cleric once but i have to admit its a good support no doubt about it u get extra heals in

buffs channeling and so on
the 3 spark u get more def which is gr8 u'll probably survive alot longer.
erm so yh choose sage and be pro like chicabomb

anywho next up is demon which i'll go into more detail since i've been a demon cleric since the begining of

time -cough- so anyway

first off stream of rejuvination is probably i would say the best heal out of both sage and demon its like a

clerics buff+heal combined! amazing
so yes i overuse this really works if i have full channeling gear on tbh. if someones gonna die and u notice that

u pop that on them and tada full life with more def so goodjob
and u just need to keep that up really

next up spirits gift if ur gonna normal heal and u use that on urself beforehand its basically like a miniboost so

ur heals would increase to. so use that and then ih or wellspring surge ur heals would be that much better

next up purify. people like sage purify better since u dont have c/d but i look at it this way 1. u dont loose any

chi at all 2. if there's 5+ people stunned u cant get around to purfying everyone intime any by the time that

stun has pretty much gone
therefore i just purify the one or 2 that crucially needs it like squad leader and just make sure i keep everyones

health up and by that time the stun has gone. usually if someone needs purify it's usually 1-2 at a time

throughout the pk. so just cause ur demon
its not nessecially a bad thing.

last thing is the 3 spark. i love demon 3 spark because of channeling boost thats just the only thing i go off

when we're looseing i spam aoe heals, purify, Stream of rejuviation since u have like almost -god knows wat

channeling it works so good. unless the person
gets one shot (coughswanecough) then u cant do anything about that.

gear:

i wont go into too much detail with this since every supp cleric has their own prefered armour they want to

use. like mag res ornaments with full heavy armour, or r8 with heavy and phy def ornaments.

but what im about to show u is god lvl chicabomb's way of gearing a cleric.

heavy helmet
heavy dragon top
arcane pants
arcane boots
arcane wrists
phy def necklace
phy def belt
mag rings dragon ring and r8 ring ofc
u can choose urself mag tome or vit tome.
also u may choose between channeling robe and def robe or both.

the imp thing about ur r8 gear though. most clerics have channeling and may have another set with reduce p

def make sure u have a channeling set i think thats imp quicker channelings = quicker heals = save someone

from death. yes with the reduce pdef u save urself probably but wats the point when people drop so quick u

cant even save them time. so remember channeling gear = op even if its just -3% on gear and -6% on wrists.

Next: Weapon.

usually clerics have 3 weapons channeling wep (great exsistance)
def wep and purify wep

i mostly use channeling wep and only use purify wep when there's smaller groups with sins or events
it works magic.

that is all for the gear.

Next up genie:

i have never been an expert on genies before but for me u choose a genie thats rights for you. as a supp cleric

make sure u have defensive skills
here is mine: as you can see its mostly skills to keep me alive
the stats on mag and vit are high so i can use more skills and the c/d is quicker. since the channeling on this
server is pretty quick u really need that i think.
and dont be too arrogant to ask other people u know about genies they may have a better knowledge on

genies by playing this server longer. but at the same time u should also look at the right skills You need for

your play style.

Next topic: now its time for the more technical stuff how to use ur cleric in mass pk:

once u understand this u'll know how to use ur cleric is any kind of situation, because you should have

improved immensly by learning this.

make sure ur never nervous to do anything during pk and dont be a jew and not, not use a pot to survive.

Your a cleric so ur duty is to stay alive to keep ur pt alive. But if u have no option left and if ur gonna die then

just die quickly. go bk to town and fly bk to your pt even if u dont buff urself atleast ur with ur pt and healing

them and purfying them ect.

What i notice is when Cleric's are stunned or Seal'd they're usually trying to spam purify on themselves. you

can tell when you see a cleric purifying themselves when they have 0 debuff on them straight after stun/seal.

DO NOT waste your time on doing this UNLESS you have other debuffs on you. As sage you waste chi and as

demon you have to wait for the c/d to purify someone else. Instead waste time of gettin out of the situation fly

slighty higher if you get caught in group stuns or if ur on the ground move away the side of fly in the air.

If you get caught with the barb's (not being able to fly skill - no idea wat thats called but you probably get

what i mean) to avoid being mass attacked, use an ig, domain watever and run away from the crowd. DONT

run africa just move the side where ur still in range of ur pt atleast ur not within the mass group of people.

when debuff goes away then fly bk up in the air.

Never stay on the ground during mass pk - its easier to kite and get to ur pt when ur in the air. Unless ur

gettin attacked by 89237102 in air and have to choice but heal from ground then do it. Remember its your job

to stay alive and to keep ur pt alive with you.

IF 5+ members about to die within your pt there is some ways to to prevent it. i would usually go ahead and 3

spark if i can and aoe heal + purify + aoe heal + stream of rejuvination - normally i get to save most of my pt

members BUT if i dont have the 3 spark ready. What you should do is check who is about to die
e.g.
Pt leader (make sure pt leader stays alive almost all the time, they lead your pt)
Wiz
Barb
Archer
mystic
BM
ok Stream of rejuvination the PT leader wiz and archer. Also aoe heal to. Your Barb and BM would Probably

survive they have more hp than anyone and they more of a chance to survive through anything. The mystic

can spam heal herself. so dont worry about her BUT if she has a stun of debuff on her, then MAKE sure u

purify her before anyone else, she can help you heal ur pt or even you. that also implies for another cleric in pt

or even a psy they also have heal and aoe purify which will help ALOT.

A cleric gets chi really fast tbh so your 3 spark will usually always be available. in those sorts of situations if u

have Cloud eruption on your genie do NOT use it. There are more imp stuff to use it for.

If your dying i suggest you dont use Wings of protection and Plume shell at the same time yes its okish but

just use wing of protection if its available then use immune pot/skill and move away from the situation.

Ok this is pretty imp:

When your pt is out there pking check where everyone is and if they're too far you tell them in squad chat

Check Minimap and group up. (you should always be checking minimap to and fly togeather with ur pt - DONT

be left behind) this way when ur pt is togeather its easier on you to keep everyone alive and it would be useful

since u'll target the same people. BUT your squad SHOULD be AA'ing your squad leader anyway. IF they're

NOT and they're off on their own and far from ur healing range just DONT bother healing them. cause by the

time u flew to them someone in ur pt would have died and by the time u got bk another member would have

died. so u risk looseing 2+ for that 1 pinoy. so just DONT let them die and dont waste your time.

so make sure ur pt is checking where squad leader is if u see people running east and ur pt leader is west you

tell them. i think thats also imp for a cleric because remember its YOUR job to keep your pt alive so thats also

apart of it.

1 more thing. i notice how people have there squad list at the left side or right side of their screen ok this is my

own preference i have the squad list here right next to my skill bars. so i dont need to move my mouse that

much more to click skill. this way im not looking much at my own life but i just think its better (again imo) u'll

always be checking squad list and the skill list will be right there next to your squad list. just quicker.

Another thing since i have a large screen (so this isnt for everyone)(also for advanced clerics) if you know your

guild doesnt have many clerics on during mass pk lets say u only have 3 clerics and 3 squads so 1 for each pt.

ik they arent in ur squad but if u have squad settings up and filter it to cleric and over time keep checking if ur

guilds clerics are alive. maybe if they need purify u can quickly purify them if they need heals you heal them

also cause saving them = they save their pt's also. which means ur guild have higher chance of winning pk.

i'll give a brief explination of why purify wep is better in smaller group and events.

if there's a sin anyway they will only attack you till ur dead (if they dont iunno whats wrong with them) but

anyway if they're aps ur purify will work better if they're dps it might work the chance of ur purify wep procing

is... a low chance tbh but it could randomly work and save you. any other class you dont really need it for imo.

thats why i rarely use purify wep or def lvl wep. ik other clerics just use them so you dont really have to follow

this guide this is all just based on my experience with a cleric.

skills to stay alive:

Seal of God
Chromatic Seal
Silent Seal
Domain Faith
plume shell
Purify
Wellspring Surge
Guardian Light
Stream of Rejuvination
IronHeart
Vanguard Spirit
3 Spark

How you use those skills are up to you. make sure be Skillfull and never waste!

and Make sure ur squad always buffed even if someone dies in the process.

i THINK i've pretty much gone into everything there needs to be known. it was long and boring but i hope it

was useful in any way.
Last Edit: Sept 26, 2013, 02:14 pm by Beechee

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
Master EP, Master guide.  :normal-42:

pikachuchu

Thanks Beechee for the guide. ;) Though I quit EP, this will help me get back on her and do my EP job correctly. xD

Offline ChicaBomb

• fuck france
  • breadstick
Master EP, Master guide.  :normal-42:

What he said.
when InTake gets ct buff

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
What he said.
ChicaBomb God level EP.

Angelica

Very nice guide.  :normal-4:

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
Trash guide, Mai  :normal-33: :normal-33:

Cheebee

Trash guide, Mai  :normal-33: :normal-33:

Why so serious? D:

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
Nice guide, but I do have some questions. EPs are enemy numero uno for a lot of players in mass PK; what do you use other than Fortify/Belief to keep yourself free of stuns/freezes etc? I had a hard time finding out ways to keep myself able to heal my team-mates. And do you ever attack people (if the situation allows for it ofc; ex. 10v5) or do you stick to purely healing/buffing + sleep/seal/freeze etc?

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Aw, and a video too! Awesome job.  ^-^

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Cheebee

Nice guide, but I do have some questions. EPs are enemy numero uno for a lot of players in mass PK; what do you use other than Fortify/Belief to keep yourself free of stuns/freezes etc? I had a hard time finding out ways to keep myself able to heal my team-mates. And do you ever attack people (if the situation allows for it ofc; ex. 10v5) or do you stick to purely healing/buffing + sleep/seal/freeze etc?

well if u notice a something running towards u gs them if u notice someone else sleep them u can even use seal and then fly further away or go ground. kiting is best. errm just use domain or something - maybe use purify wep i never actually use purify wep but like i said ik alot of eps just use that instead. i get stunned alot but by that time i just use belief, or wait till its over. seal doesnt last long so it doesnt matter. if ur bound to die rather just die cause if u waste time trying to protect urself ur pt gonna die around u. (D: sorry cant think of anything better)

and i stick to purely healing/buffing + sleep/seal/freeze :)

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
well if u notice a something running towards u gs them if u notice someone else sleep them u can even use seal and then fly further away or go ground. kiting is best. errm just use domain or something - maybe use purify wep i never actually use purify wep but like i said ik alot of eps just use that instead. i get stunned alot but by that time i just use belief, or wait till its over. seal doesnt last long so it doesnt matter. if ur bound to die rather just die cause if u waste time trying to protect urself ur pt gonna die around u. (D: sorry cant think of anything better)

and i stick to purely healing/buffing + sleep/seal/freeze :)
Alrighty thanks!  ^-^