Epic Perfect World

Warsoul weapons

Offline antaresx

I have a question for who have a good knowledge of PW damage generated by weapon.
Is it worth to try get a G16 warsoul weapon with low base damage but with +50 att levels
insteed use a reshape R8 once with ~+20 att levels?
In my case i wonder if get it for my Wiz toon, but be4 spend 150/200k EC for the warsoul mats need,
i ask some suggestions  ^-^

thanks!

p.s.
Weren't warsoul weap created to be best choice in game?
Couse base damage is like half of a R8 at +12 range, and i have no idea if the +50 Att lvl add can cover the gap.

Offline Mirquel

• D Re ✙urN Leader
  • Hakuna Matata!
Nice thread,yeah for me its worth to craft a warsoul wep,even its lowvin damage theattck level will be the replace of the half damage of the r8 for me it is better than r8 coz you can only get 35 att level in max stat of r8
If you can beat 'em, Join 'em!

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
No its not worth it... g18 r8 will still triumph over g16 warsoul wep.... even dragon wep was better if i remember right. The extra 20 or so attack levels didn't make up for the lost refine bonus you from a g18 wep... but when we had a discussion and tested this stuff out, it was a very very long time ago.. before dt/cube neck and all that.. 

Anyways... no its not worth it.. at all.

And as for your second query, if your asking that you might aswell have asked why we don't have r9 yet...  simple answer would be this isn't pwi hence we have a lot of custom gears and what not. Aga could've used the same concept as r8 recast and called it something completely different. All that matters is that everything is balanced to some extent and the fact that no amount of fortune would grant you any uber advantage other than simply allowing you to get your shit faster.

Edit.  GMs can give a more precise answer as they can test this shit out whenever they want under current circumstances.
Last Edit: Sept 24, 2013, 10:58 am by SHINIGAMI
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I looked into this back in the pre-r8r era.  When attack/deflevels were limitted to a lucky engrave on rings only.

The answer right now is definitely no.

Back then it would ve been worth it for psy's as their spheres were low base damage and the warsoul one was refinable giving them a soulforce boost also. (Though a drop in base damage.)

For other classes, even with nobody having over 4 or so attack/deflevel, it wasn't worth it compared to standard dragon. Especially when their regular adds are included.

Right now this is even more so. Everyone has around 20-40 def/attacklevel already so the boost has become even more insignificant. R8R is far better for pure damage if you want attacklevel.

Offline Mirquel

• D Re ✙urN Leader
  • Hakuna Matata!
No its not worth it... g18 r8 will still triumph over g16 warsoul wep.... even dragon wep was better if i remember right. The extra 20 or so attack levels didn't make up for the lost refine bonus you from a g18 wep... but when we had a discussion and tested this stuff out, it was a very very long time ago.. before dt/cube neck and all that.. 

Anyways... no its not worth it.. at all.

And as for your second query, if your asking that you might aswell have asked why we don't have r9 yet...  simple answer would be this isn't pwi hence we have a lot of custom gears and what not. Aga could've used the same concept as r8 recast and called it something completely different. All that matters is that everything is balanced to some extent and the fact that no amount of fortune would grant you any uber advantage other than simply allowing you to get your shit faster.

Edit.  GMs can give a more precise answer as they can test this shit out whenever they want under current circumstances.
Ohh now i know.. Thnx sor.. :)
If you can beat 'em, Join 'em!

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
Nah, I have a warsoul bow and it does about the same damage as my dragon bow only it has -0.1 less interval and cannot purge.  :-X

Offline Serrasalmus

Go rank 9 much better then r8 or warsoul

Ennaoj

on mage ne r8 is better  way better

This ^   ^-^