Epic Perfect World

Cleric's Role in GV

I have a few questions about being a cleric in a GV squad.  My cleric hasn't done GV before, and my cleric on the official server didn't get the chance to either.

1) What's the minimal level that squads want you for?
2) At the choke point in the valley, I take it squads want you to put up Regenration Aura?  Or, group heals and purify?  Because of the debuffs from mobs/bosses?  Of course I'm concerned about heal aggro lol, that would be quite a painful way to go (ooh that rhymed! hehe), so I'm not sure at what point to start the healing/regen aura.

Any help, or tips, would be really appreciated, thanks!

Thank you to Syringe for my avatar <3

Offline Pammy

• Old Player
Well I think it`s best to go from 140lvl. And cleric is most afking class in GV :P you just put BB and your job done.

Of course some waves are kinda nasty - cause they stun, seal, freeze - it`s mean they interupts your bubble, so at those waves your job is to use squad heal and keep all people alive.

From 3th wave if I remember right bosses interupts bubble to. So here you use squad heal again. I got some offers to stack ironheart blessing on the tank, but it`s kinda useless on this server. You can stack 6 or 7 of them, but still you recover more hp with squad heal.
Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:10 pm by Pammy
Thanks Pammy for the help :D  Yeah I forgot about interupts, I'll stick to squad heal on the waves you mentioned (maybe the odd Stream of Rejuvination if someone's taking a pasting :P ), rather than stacking IH.  I read somewhere on here that someone was wishing for a squad purify, and someone responded "aoe purify".  Can't remember which thread it was in, but I second that notion!  Agation, if you're reading this, I will love you forever if you could tweak the skill purify to an aoe! :D
Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:21 pm by micropanther

Offline Pammy

• Old Player
Squad heal here have only one problem - long cooldown. But people can survive easy 3sec without healing :P
If you see that someone is dying and squad heal still in cooldown - stream of rejuvection,as you already mentioned.

In GV purify isn`t needed much.
Squad heal here have only one problem - long cooldown. But people can survive easy 3sec without healing :P
If you see that someone is dying and squad heal still in cooldown - stream of rejuvection,as you already mentioned.

In GV purify isn`t needed much.
Ok, that's good to know, on both counts, thanks again for your help! :D

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Just thought i'd add in that the cleric can be any level, ofcourse the higher the more survivablity it has, but with a good tank it SHOUDNT be an issue. :)
Yeah I agree :D  That's why I was tempted to go at the level I am now, because I always see people asking for a cleric for a GV squad, and I wish I could help them out :/  Even at risk of me going splat like a pancake :D

Offline Lyssania

If the squad is good, you shouldn't be hit much, hardly at all if really good.

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
  • *lalalala* Sins are OP *lalalala*
I've double cliented a lvl 130 cleric with full 130 gear. It worked out fine and I didn't die once. Then again, we did have a couple of 150s in squad too  ???

Anywho at 130+ you should be able to tank a handful of mobs just as long as your squad does their job right and actually takes aggro.
Zaibeast - 150 Demon Barbarian
Dynasti - 150 Demon Archer
Peekabooo - 150 Demon Assassin
Peekabam - 150 Sage Psychic

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Agreed with what ppl say, plus, add Cloud Eruption to your Genie, to recover Chi while in BB.
Genie need 166 Life total for CE lvl 10, and other points add to Mage (faster recover) and Str (more Chi each time).
For your fist run ask squad where is the best position to raise BB.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.
I've double cliented a lvl 130 cleric with full 130 gear. It worked out fine and I didn't die once. Then again, we did have a couple of 150s in squad too  ???

Anywho at 130+ you should be able to tank a handful of mobs just as long as your squad does their job right and actually takes aggro.

Yup I agree, good squad always makes healing less painful  ;D  Thanks for the tip geriatrix, yeah got cloud eruption on my genie too now, just got to make some more chi and speed pots!