Epic Perfect World

R8 % Chances

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
Does anyone or could anyone calculate the chances of getting double/triple channeling on R8 pants and wrists? I'm extremely curious but I'm terrible at the whole math thing.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32708 - wrists
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32291 - pants

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Wrists: Practically impossible. It would likely take thousands of rolls.

Pants is doable, it took me ~40k ec but most get it a lot sooner.  Chest/boots/pants have much nicer -chan rates.

if you want the ratio for 2* chan you wanna use this formula:

Chance of getting add * chance of getting add *  3 =  chance of gear piece with 2 adds.

Offline 9artsDragon

• Sin forevaaa
  • Try and fail then learn and success!
wrists? i got 2x chan on my ea, dint cost me 1k ec. luck. got 2x in boots and pants too. but chest only got 1 chan. dint cost me a lot on this ea. was luck that cost me.

9artsDragon - stealth>fb>firepill>stun>rc>autoattack>deads>stealth GG

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
wrists? i got 2x chan on my ea, dint cost me 1k ec. luck. got 2x in boots and pants too. but chest only got 1 chan. dint cost me a lot on this ea. was luck that cost me.

The chance of -chan on LA or HA wrists is far, far higher than the arcane ones he's asking about.  It's more like getting a triple int sin wrist.

Actually, im pretty sure theres more triple int sin/ea wrists than double chan arcane wrists.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Does anyone or could anyone calculate the chances of getting double/triple channeling on R8 pants and wrists? I'm extremely curious but I'm terrible at the whole math thing.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32708 - wrists
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32291 - pants
Here's a tip: the more you ask about the chances, the smaller they become.
i feel like i'm dead

Panda_monium

well...accourding to newtons law of infinite possibility...
just know it can happen.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
Here's a tip: the more you ask about the chances, the smaller they become.
The chances for getting any of those things is small as is, would just like to know how high the odds are stacked against me and anyone else who is trying for these adds.

Panda_monium

heres my derpy shot at the math.
wrists: 0.015% (3x chan)
Pants:0.1272 (3x chan)

but i highly doubt im right :-X

Tali

Welcome to the glory of RNG.

Offline Consist

• Old Player
The chance of -chan on LA or HA wrists is far, far higher than the arcane ones he's asking about.  It's more like getting a triple int sin wrist.

Actually, im pretty sure theres more triple int sin/ea wrists than double chan arcane wrists.

You mean single chan arcane wrists...A single stat for LA/HA is -3, and for arcane is -6. Chances of getting double chan on LA/HA is close to getting single on arcane.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
heres my derpy shot at the math.
wrists: 0.015% (3x chan)
Pants:0.1272 (3x chan)

but i highly doubt im right :-X

PWD lists the chances for an add being chan as:
0.5% on wrist.
3.86% on robe.
4.24% on pants.
3.12% on shoes.

Assuming these are correct then:

Wrists, 1* chan: 1.50%              Average 67 rolls.
Robe, 1* chan: 11.58%              Average 9 rolls.
Pants, 1* chan: 12.72%             Average 8 rolls.
Shoes, 1* chan: 9.36%              Average 11 rolls.

Wrists, 2* chan: 0.0075%          Average 13333 rolls
Robe, 2* chan:   0.45%              Average 222 rolls
Pants, 2* chan: 0.54%               Average 185 rolls
Shoes, 2* chan: 0.29%              Average 345 rolls

Wrists, 3* chan:  0.0000125%   Average 8000000 rolls
Robe, 3* chan: 0.0058%            Average 17241 rolls
Pants, 3* chan: 0.0076%           Average 13158 rolls
Shoes, 3* chan:  0.0030%         Average 33333 rolls

Unless I messed up somewhere, doing math past midnight is a bad thing.

I'm also not sure that the PWI chances on these adds are correct. Perhaps Agatio can verify these.
Last Edit: Sept 09, 2013, 01:57 am by Feone

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
I really wish I could those formulas worked accurately. However given the fact that I'm rapidly approaching the 200k ec mark for my sin's gear and my chest still has 11 mag, 10 str, and reduce phys damage 2%, I dont think theyre all that accurate. I rerolled it at spirit of the forge last thursday, and got triple +HP stats 4x in a row, +mp x2 and +mag, 3x in a row. the fact is i think your math was just a little bit off somehow.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Tali

I really wish I could those formulas worked accurately. However given the fact that I'm rapidly approaching the 200k ec mark for my sin's gear and my chest still has 11 mag, 10 str, and reduce phys damage 2%, I dont think theyre all that accurate. I rerolled it at spirit of the forge last thursday, and got triple +HP stats 4x in a row, +mp x2 and +mag, 3x in a row. the fact is i think your math was just a little bit off somehow.

RNG plays a big role in this.

4x attack level should be about 61k rolls but uh...yeah.  :-[

RNG is either your best friend or your worst enemy in most MMOs, EPW is no exception.

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.

RNG plays a big role in this.

4x attack level should be about 61k rolls but uh...yeah.  :-[

RNG is either your best friend or your worst enemy in most MMOs, EPW is no exception.

I know! And it kills me that statistically i should have my sin's r8 giving me at LEAST 2.22 if not 2.86 aps, but instead im sitting at 1.86 and thats with a lunar cape and dex tome. I'm not trying to make him a 3.33 base sin, I'd actually be VERY happy with 2.22 (2.86 being a fond dream but not what im looking for in all honesty) so I can balance aps and DPH. But at this rate im probably looking at something like another 75-100k ec before I see anywhere close to that... fml...

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!