Epic Perfect World

A Fair Warning and Concern

Offline Evangelica♀

• ♥Always be true to who you are♥
I am extremely perturbed!

I was, not only once, but twice ambushed by an EPW  x 2 Treasure Hunt Thief.  The first time before I could take the SS, she disappeared but I did manage to catch the name and the faction this person was in at the time.

SummerLove  -  Triquetra

I warned her that I will report her to Rosie.  As you will see from screenshots, that was her reply to me.

Again, about 25 minutes ago, I was ambushed by her again.  Also note:  She is now factionless, has left Triquetra.  My alt is in Triquetra and at the first incident I logged on my alt and SummerLove was still in the faction.  No one was on in the faction at the time, for me to report it immediately.

To my absolute astonishment, SummerLove told me that GM's approved this practice and she is free to ambush and steal from others.
I do not want to believe for one minute one of our GM's decided that it is okay to be a bloody thief and steal from other players.

I am posting this here so anyone who is doing their Treasure Hunts and saved their maps for a long time, can take notice of this name.

This is not right, why are these people allowed to steal from other players that works hard for their little bit of EC when 2 x comes along?  When is this going to stop??

Please can one of the GM's confirm that this is in fact an ''ALLOWED'' practice?  If it is, I honestly do not want to be part of EPW anymore  :sad: :sad:

First Encounter:

Second Encounter:

apologies for the crap SS's, I was livid!!

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” | Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
It is not only her that is stealing mobs from the treasure quests.  I have had my fair share of thiefs from Thaclick as well. I know it is NOT against the rules to steal TQ mobs, but whatever happened to respect for others?
It would be nice if common courtesy existed... :rolleyes:

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
This happens with a few of my friends as well and its absolutely stupid to see. I don't see how this problem could be fixed except for the chests belonging to whoever found them or implementing the "you hit it, it's yours" system that other games have. No KSing is a hard enough rule to enforce on a small server, let alone a server of this size. It isn't against the rules because unfortunately, it is very difficult to monitor for anyone and hard to get proof that it happened (since we know that not everyone is truthful and some just like to cause problems for others). I doubt that any GM endorses KSing, but if that player asked "Is KSing against the rules here?" and whichever GM said no, then that player took it as they are allowed to do it. The only thing I can say is bring a friend along with you to ensure that you get the drops or like I do, check my surroundings to make sure no one is around (I also use a detect pot) and then start looking for the chest.

Offline Evangelica♀

It is not only her that is stealing mobs from the treasure quests.  I have had my fair share of thiefs from Thaclick as well. I know it is NOT against the rules to steal TQ mobs, but whatever happened to respect for others?
It would be nice if common courtesy existed... :rolleyes:

If its not against the rule, why have the Treasure Hunt quest, why let us spend time collecting the maps, just to have the rewards be taken away from us?? 

It DOES NOT make sense, and I know there are many players that could not give one bit of iota what they do, whether its wrong, disrespectful and just plain freaking theft.  It is NOT right .....something has to be done about this, or the Treasure Hunt quest must be taken away completely!!!  There is no point to it anymore.

Offline Evangelica♀

This happens with a few of my friends as well and its absolutely stupid to see. I don't see how this problem could be fixed except for the chests belonging to whoever found them or implementing the "you hit it, it's yours" system that other games have. No KSing is a hard enough rule to enforce on a small server, let alone a server of this size. It isn't against the rules because unfortunately, it is very difficult to monitor for anyone and hard to get proof that it happened (since we know that not everyone is truthful and some just like to cause problems for others). I doubt that any GM endorses KSing, but if that player asked "Is KSing against the rules here?" and whichever GM said no, then that player took it as they are allowed to do it. The only thing I can say is bring a friend along with you to ensure that you get the drops or like I do, check my surroundings to make sure no one is around (I also use a detect pot) and then start looking for the chest.

Thank you for your reply too :) I am just absolutely gobsmacked at the integrity of some people.  I would never, ever in a million years think of stealing anything from any player .....

Here was a very good suggestion, maybe it can be implemented by Agatio??

Last Edit: Sept 06, 2013, 02:42 pm by Evangelica♀, Reason: added information

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
If its not against the rule, why have the Treasure Hunt quest, why let us spend time collecting the maps, just to have the rewards be taken away from us?? 

It DOES NOT make sense, and I know there are many players that could not give one bit of iota what they do, whether its wrong, disrespectful and just plain freaking theft.  It is NOT right .....something has to be done about this, or the Treasure Hunt quest must be taken away completely!!!  There is no point to it anymore.
I wouldn't go so far as to say there is no point to it (as it's a nice change in EC gaining and its always good to have some extra ways of getting it), but this is something that is a problem. There are no KS rules at all (although I found one for GM events which is again, rarely enforced) but that doesn't mean we should remove it. I've given up on reasoning with those kind of people and whenever I see them somewhere else (my own KSer's) I make sure to steal their drops. They rage pm me as to why I KSed and I reply with the responses they gave to me. Whenever I see someone in the same area with me, I fly up and let them finish first so that there isn't any confusion as to why I'm there. But of course, common courtesy is a rare thing on any game.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Sadly this is common practise lately.

If I'm online and the thief is in pk mode feel free to pm me any time and I will hunt them down for it.
Edit, you can reach me on AeIana or Varen usually.

As for the GM's..

We've all seen they don't much care, even things that are directly against the rules (multiclient in NW, racism in chat etc) go constantly unpunished, this boss stealing isn't even directly against the rules. It's just about as low as someone can get without breaking them though.

On the other hand, even if the GM's were willing to attempt stopping it they would fail. It's nearly impossible to prove someone did this without a video or a GM watching.

If you want to prevent it, bring a 150 character and pop a detection potion before popping the quest, make sure the area is sin-free, if not bring backup. It's a pain in the ass but with GM's not giving a damn and plenty of thieves around it's the only thing you can do.

As for the suggestion on the mob-locking thing. It's a fairly common concept but it would require modifying the basic mechanics of this game's PVE , most likely not an option the staff is capable (or willing) of doing.

Last Edit: Sept 06, 2013, 02:54 pm by Feone

Offline Evangelica♀

If I'm online and the thief is in pk mode feel free to pm me any time and I will hunt them down for it.

As for the GM's..

We've all seen they don't much care, even things that are directly against the rules (multiclient in NW, racism in chat etc) go constantly unpunished, this boss stealing isn't even directly against the rules. It's just about as low as someone can get without breaking them though.

On the other hand, even if they were willing to attempt stopping it they would fail. It's nearly impossible to prove someone did this without a video or a GM watching.

If you want to prevent it, bring a 150 character and pop a detection potion before popping the quest, make sure the area is sin-free, if not bring backup. It's a pain in the ass but with GM's not giving a damn and plenty of thieves around it's the only thing you can do.

As for the suggestion on the mob-locking thing. It's a fairly common concept but it would require modifying the basic mechanics of this game's PVE , most likely not an option the staff is capable (or willing) of doing.

Thank you Feone, appreciated.

Well.......seeing that this will not go anywhere or nothing will get done about this....PLEASE LOCK THE THREAD GM's.  I am utterly disappointed!!
Last Edit: Sept 06, 2013, 02:50 pm by Evangelica♀

Offline Vionn

It's a game, why are you so mad about it?

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people

As for the GM's..

On the other hand, even if the GM's were willing to attempt stopping it they would fail. It's nearly impossible to prove someone did this without a video or a GM watching.

+1
(Thank you, I just may pm you for your services.) ;)

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, but on Enlightened boss. I tried contacting a GM though the private forums because I didn't know if was against the rules or not. They still haven't answered me. I had good SS and everything.

Because, it is extremely frustrating and rude. Yeah it is a game, so therefore we all like to enjoy it.

This would be a great idea, but I feel it would backfire some way.

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline Evangelica♀

I guess I believe in values and morals and ethics ....and you?

Offline Rose

• Characters: SereneRose
Hey hey,

Yes i am aware of it now that Summer did this and i will apoligize. This does NOT fit in the triquetra policy, in fact its AGAINST the rules. So I am sorry this has happened. Sometimes i wish i could be on 24/7 to keep an eye out on the members and if theyre really following my rules. If I was online at that time and knew it before i would have kicked her... Allready told her that this isnt the way she should have handled. She said yea but they do it at me too, so this is payback.. No excuse! I said well lowering yourself to their standards doesn't solve anything!

Again i'm really sorry this happened.
My YouTube Channel

If the people we love are stolen from us,
the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. 
Buildings burn, people die ...
but real love is forever.

Offline Evangelica♀

Hey hey,

Yes i am aware of it now that Summer did this and i will apoligize. This does NOT fit in the triquetra policy, in fact its AGAINST the rules. So I am sorry this has happened. Sometimes i wish i could be on 24/7 to keep an eye out on the members and if theyre really following my rules. If I was online at that time and knew it before i would have kicked her... Allready told her that this isnt the way she should have handled. She said yea but they do it at me too, so this is payback.. No excuse! I said well lowering yourself to their standards doesn't solve anything!

Again i'm really sorry this happened.

Rosie its not your fault  so please dont apologize....Some factions have a few, other factions are filled ONLY with dishonest people.  Thank you anyway .....its just so disappointing that people have the mentality she has about the game

Offline Vionn

I guess I believe in values and morals and ethics ....and you?

In real life yeah, in game, who gives a shit, it's a game. I'm not a serious gamer like some people.