Epic Perfect World

Drawing tips

DJBFF

As the title says, i am making a drawing tip guide, and as well, kind of tutorial thingish part too ^^

So, lets start off with the items! There will be 2 sections c:

Digital

So, first off you might want to start off with the needs!

Of course, to start to draw you need a tablet!
There is no specific tablet sort you will need to buy, just keep in mind, a tablet is a tablet! I have a Sweex white tablet with is perfectly fine, but my pen is kinda broken, but that was just me being stupid, in my opining, it's a very good tablet and cheap too! I don't have experience with the other tablets so I really can't say what to buy or what not to buy.

Then you have to draw. Of course, you're not going to draw in MS Paint, that is only for pixel art. So, what program that is free will you use? The answer is simple, http://www.mediafire.com/download/mglnntzmlem/Portable+SAI.rar

Another few drawing programs (ty Nya♥)

No need to download winrar, just right click the file and press Extract.

and then you can start working! You can look at drawing sites like deviantArt for sai tutorials! (I suck at explaining  :'( )

I will make a few color palettes soon so you can use it.

Traditional

Ok, so, i know many people don't know what traditional drawings are. Those are drawings that are made on paper. So, here are my tips.

there are 3 types of pencils, B, HB and H.

That's the end of story for the normal pencils.

Please comment bellow if you need more tips about what, ill gladly answer them and add them to the tip guide ^^

These are only my own tips, you can always do something else.
Last Edit: Sept 14, 2013, 06:25 pm by Deni

dorothyerika

CONTINUE PLIZ IM LOVING IT xD <3

DJBFF

CONTINUE PLIZ IM LOVING IT xD <3
tomarrow

DJBFF

Updated the digital tips, will make the traditional tips soon ^^

DJBFF

finished the guide <3

Offline Chowder

• Stefoooooo

I disagree with your coloring thingy, it is possible to shade with markers and make nice effects with markers, as long as they are Alcohol Based markers, which allows you to blend and shade. I use both Prismacolor markers and Copic markers and they are amazing.  I don't agree with the coloring pencil statement about all pencils being good. I have never used any coloring pencils as good as Prismacolors, they blend so much easier and have a better looking coverage compared to everything else, but if you were saying that any coloring pencil's will get the job done, then I agree.

DJBFF

I disagree with your coloring thingy, it is possible to shade with markers and make nice effects with markers, as long as they are Alcohol Based markers, which allows you to blend and shade. I use both Prismacolor markers and Copic markers and they are amazing.  I don't agree with the coloring pencil statement about all pencils being good. I have never used any coloring pencils as good as Prismacolors, they blend so much easier and have a better looking coverage compared to everything else, but if you were saying that any coloring pencil's will get the job done, then I agree.
Look further, i have placed copic markers as a good way to color with markers. And i was talkin about normal markers, they can't really get the job done, and, with the pencils, they acn give amazing effects, if you dissagree then you haven't seen how i color, and i know other people that can color amazingly with color pencils. And, with copic

Cheebee

this should be in off topic section, this is a gaming forum after all.

DJBFF

this should be in off topic section, this is a gaming forum after all.
i put a spoiler of if this is in the wrong topic then the GM's can move it.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to make this. Now if only I had some drawing talent....  :-\
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

DJBFF

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to make this. Now if only I had some drawing talent....  :-\

Hahah, i have too much free time, didn't go to school today cause im kinda sick xD And, practice makes perfect =3
Last Edit: Sept 06, 2013, 12:30 pm by Deni

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
Hahah, i have too much free time, didn't go to school today cause im kinda sick xD And, practice makes perfect =3

I'd rather shove my hands into some clay than sit there for hours and be OCD to the max about something I know I could never accomplish. :sad: And aww, I'm sorry to hear you are sick. Feel better!
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

DJBFF

I'd rather shove my hands into some clay than sit there for hours and be OCD to the max about something I know I could never accomplish. :sad: And aww, I'm sorry to hear you are sick. Feel better!

ill be better 2morow <3 and, as i said, practice makes perfect, so, GAMBATTE!

Offline Nya❤

I don't have a tut, but I do have a good brush that works  :-[
I like to use it as a sketching brush. I picked it up somewhere..
..I've got some other brushes as well, and a lot of textures that I got from a pack somewhere  :-[

..hmm..ah, yeah, here it is. http://zio-san.deviantart.com/art/SAI-The-Definitive-ZIO-Editor-s-Pick-Package-343802801
It's a lot of brushes..
But I would suggest merging the lists and copy pasting in notepad if you don't want all your brushes to go..missing.
Edit: It's fine if you hate all your brushes though, XD.

Oh, and I thought up more. Umm:
I personally don't like linework layers that much since the edges are all round and such. I think regular layers are easier to use, and there are more possibilities.
One way to shade (sorry if my explanation is bad) is to make a base, and layer clip all layers above it when you color the parts..then put those into a folder, layer clip a layer above that, set that one to multiply, and shade. Oh, and highlights. And possibly retouching it in photoshop if you have it. It's a relatively lazy method though .^.
(I found it somewhere online and it works decently..)
Last Edit: Sept 13, 2013, 12:40 am by ❤

Hi ❤

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
I use Ms Paint, tips please.  :normal-46: