Epic Perfect World

Alternative to r8?

Offline Consist

• Old Player
so....
ascended gear. we've all heard about it. and some people complain that r8 is op agains dragon.
as a SUGGESTION...id like to present an alternative to r8.

could it be possible to have a Dragon Set that also has rollable stats, but just not as great a r8 stats could be?
just something to balance the difference between dragon and r8.

let teh flaming begin  :-X

what..how bout u just get r8.

Offline Beloved ♥

• Fab ♥
  • 08.03.13 ♥
  • Characters: Beloved, Euphoric
  • Faction: Fab's bed
Let's not and say we did.
Read this and grow up
 Don't play anymore. Won't play anymore. Bye.

Offline Deea

• My name is Deea
  • not Dea QQ
I don't understand something:
Why when we got R8 people always want an alternative gear?R8 is not hard to make till you start reshaping it again and again.The thing is that we don't need another gear.No more farm needed
Have post from a month ago about ascending Dragon Helm check it out.....http://epicpw.com/general-discussion/how-about-an-ascended-dragon-helm/
150 R 8 Seeker                                                          150 R 8 Veno                                                              150 Dragon Cleric                                                           150 Dragon Barb                                                        150 Dragon Sin

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Let's just get the new ascended helm, and call it a day on gear? :monkey-9:

Gear is fine as-is.

Offline Aujami

• Old Player
the only thing id think needs reforg is the rest of dragon weapons unique adds with fix stats. e.g. zerk dagg, thunder shocker and soul concealment for bow,xbow, and slingshot. and so on same weap stats just carry on different unique adds.

ofc unique add for dagg is int so that the add that gonna be replaced.

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
Let's just get the new ascended helm, and call it a day on gear? :monkey-9:

Gear is fine as-is.

This.

the only thing id think needs reforg is the rest of dragon weapons unique adds with fix stats. e.g. zerk dagg, thunder shocker and soul concealment for bow,xbow, and slingshot. and so on same weap stats just carry on different unique adds.

ofc unique add for dagg is int so that the add that gonna be replaced.

No. That dagger would be better than any r8r dagger you could hope to make, would make many people angry and it's really not needed, sins are fine the way they are.
Last Edit: Sept 03, 2013, 07:03 am by Halfwit

Offline Aujami

• Old Player

No. That dagger would be better than any r8r dagger you could hope to make, would make many people angry and it's really not needed, sins are fine the way they are.

i don't really care about the daggers i just mentioned it as an example , the 25 dex on dagg can be removed for balancing, and i don't see ur point of r8 ppl who got their gof daggers would be angry Oo there are 3-5 ppl who got gof +attck lvl and those r8 dagg still better the one am suggesting. people been asking for dragon gof daggers.
I was talking  aga about archers dragon dragon weapons reforgs to get these 2 unique adds and he mentioned that proc % for those (i mentioned the % bc i know ppl will say those adds gonna be op to be added but they not considering spirit blackhole is 20%)
thunder shocker proc % is 8
seal concealment is 5%
as a sling archer user i'd like to see better unique add than 50% accur bc this add is a joke if u gonna miss you gonna miss even with 30k accur. i have 23k and still miss on AA classes.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
i read it wrong lol my bad, i'm sorry.

anywho
Happy Gaming  :-\
Last Edit: Sept 03, 2013, 07:41 am by ☠EvilTouch☠

rainlu

i don't think we need this it would be really unbalanced if it had gamebreaking stats of choice like it has been said dragon has decent fixed stats and getting any other stats wouldn't make a difference if it wasn't stats like eva or accuracy (and that would make unbalance for people without this gear), what i really want to have though, is more tomes, at least some tome with 50 strength and reduce magic damage 8% taken and - 0.05 int for melees and another tome with reduce physical damage 8%  taken and 50 magic and -3 chan and the thousand miles mist should have 4 % reduce physical damage and 4 % reduce magic damage taken.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Your idea is just to make easier for lazy people to get op items...just farm some days..as we all did.
r8 is not so expensive,40k ec and u get decent stats.
I used over 100k on sin,200k ec on bm,and i have kinda good stats,so a bit work won't kill any1.

Panda_monium

Your idea is just to make easier for lazy people to get op items...just farm some days..as we all did.
r8 is not so expensive,40k ec and u get decent stats.
I used over 100k on sin,200k ec on bm,and i have kinda good stats,so a bit work won't kill any1.
It wouldn't be better than r8.
It would just put up a better fight against it.
People think it would be more OP but since it wouldn't cost hundreds and thousands, it wouldn't

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
It wouldn't be better than r8.
It would just put up a better fight against it.
People think it would be more OP but since it wouldn't cost hundreds and thousands, it wouldn't

Based off that argument, then what would be the point? If people are willing to farm this, why not just farm R8R?
I mean, the gear is going to have to be either weaker or equal to R8R, as it definitely cannot be stronger. So therefore, why farm a weaker version of gear when for a fraction more, you could farm the best?
And why make a new equal set when you could just farm R8R?

I mean, it would have to be more expensive than Dragon but less expensive than R8R, which isn't that big of gap tbh. And the money you would spend on rerolling this lower gear could again be spent on getting R8R, whose set bonuses would be worth it anyway (as they already are, compared to dragon, making it worth the farm).
Sorry if none of that makes sense, it does in my head .-.

I just don't see the point other than people wanting something new and refreshing, which is just not enough reason to begin planning, implementing and testing this.

Just my opinion....

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Panda_monium

Based off that argument, then what would be the point? If people are willing to farm this, why not just farm R8R?
I mean, the gear is going to have to be either weaker or equal to R8R, as it definitely cannot be stronger. So therefore, why farm a weaker version of gear when for a fraction more, you could farm the best?
And why make a new equal set when you could just farm R8R?

I mean, it would have to be more expensive than Dragon but less expensive than R8R, which isn't that big of gap tbh. And the money you would spend on rerolling this lower gear could again be spent on getting R8R, whose set bonuses would be worth it anyway (as they already are, compared to dragon, making it worth the farm).
Sorry if none of that makes sense, it does in my head .-.

I just don't see the point other than people wanting something new and refreshing, which is just not enough reason to begin planning, implementing and testing this.

Just my opinion....

The point would be to have an alternative option thats less expensive, but less powerful, than r8r for those who cant afford it.
70% of the time, r8r wont be the best, and people have to wait untill they have the ec to roll it again, and are forced back to dragon.
full dragon set costs ~600ec. full r8 set costs ~1.6kec+~100ec per roll, which can easily add up to over 10k ec fast. 600 and 10k...that looks like a huge gap to me... :-X

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
The point would be to have an alternative option thats less expensive, but less powerful, than r8r for those who cant afford it.
70% of the time, r8r wont be the best, and people have to wait untill they have the ec to roll it again, and are forced back to dragon.
full dragon set costs ~600ec. full r8 set costs ~1.6kec+~100ec per roll, which can easily add up to over 10k ec fast. 600 and 10k...that looks like a huge gap to me... :-X

10k over time, yes. But, imo anyway, having R8R with poor stats and its set bonuses would still usually outweigh dragon and are still usable. So the difference would in fact still be from 600ec of dragon to the approximate 1.6kec of R8R, unless your stats are outrageously bad, like full mag on a barb.
And it really doesn't make much sense in wasting EC on a lower gear, when you should be saving it for the higher level gear and other more important things rather than making another farming stop in the middle. 

And I mean, people were talking about adding in another set of rerollable gear, so again, why would you waste 1-2kec (or w.e) on a new set of gear and go back to 0, when for a bit more, you could have a basic set of R8R? All this would do is make it longer to farm your R8, which will always be needed and possibly better, even with poor stats.

Idk, I just don't see the logic in creating another set to farm .-.
You already have dragon and R8R as 'endgear'. Adding another option just seems unnecessary. I'd rather be saving my EC for rerolls, ws belts, tomes, necks etc, as I think dragon and (even poorly rolled) R8 is sufficient. It is really not hard to farm it, I have it on 4 characters and it really didn't take long (nor a huge amount of ec) to get decent stats to be able to PK with. Anything after that, I consider a bonus.

While I don't agree, I still understand your point. Good luck with the suggestion ^_^

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀