Epic Perfect World

Alternative to r8?

Panda_monium

so....
ascended gear. we've all heard about it. and some people complain that r8 is op agains dragon.
as a SUGGESTION...id like to present an alternative to r8.

could it be possible to have a Dragon Set that also has rollable stats, but just not as great a r8 stats could be?
just something to balance the difference between dragon and r8.

let teh flaming begin  :-X

Offline Pookie

• Characters: ImmaKiLLYou
  • Faction: Factionless
so....
ascended gear. we've all heard about it. and some people complain that r8 is op agains dragon.
as a SUGGESTION...id like to present an alternative to r8.

could it be possible to have a Dragon Set that also has rollable stats, but just not as great a r8 stats could be?
just something to balance the difference between dragon and r8.

let teh flaming begin  :-X
Nice ideea buuuuut , maybe we can get a new gear :O ?. We have the Ascend cape, and the new ring , Maybe get Ascend Gear ? O_O. Something Like an R8 and Dragon combination or .. SOMETHING , cuz in these days everyone has R8 , or AT LEAST dragon , and R8 is powerfull than dragon because of the status u get IF UR LUCKY , like x2/ x3 int wrists , x2 / x3 chan , lots of Def lvls and Atak Lvls , so GMS CREATE NEW GEAR QQ.

Panda_monium

Nice ideea buuuuut , maybe we can get a new gear :O ?. We have the Ascend cape, and the new ring , Maybe get Ascend Gear ? O_O. Something Like an R8 and Dragon combination or .. SOMETHING , cuz in these days everyone has R8 , or AT LEAST dragon , and R8 is powerfull than dragon because of the status u get IF UR LUCKY , like x2/ x3 int wrists , x2 / x3 chan , lots of Def lvls and Atak Lvls , so GMS CREATE NEW GEAR QQ.
With new gear come new QQ threads  :-\

Offline Pookie

With new gear come new QQ threads  :-\
Let them QQ  :monkey-25: ... mhhm and the new gear should have 100 atak lvl  :monkey-35:and BE OP , aaaaaand like x6 0.10 int and get 10 aps , make EpicPW more ... Epic.. :tiger-2:

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
I like the idea but i dont see the point of it, why have random stats dragon gear when dragon itself has pretty decent fixed stats, on top of that, which mats would we use to make this new gear?

Offline Deference

• Fucboi
I like the idea but i dont see the point of it, why have random stats dragon gear when dragon itself has pretty decent fixed stats, on top of that, which mats would we use to make this new gear?

^
(^:

Offline Pookie

Mhm idk , like in StormPW , u FARM engraes , a LOTS , so maybe we could get like a customizable gear u farm ur gear part by part or buy mats from others , like in Sirrri wine camp , at mobs they will drop an amount of mats ( some mats ...) , u could add what status u want , at some NPC  .. but with a limit ... like only once 0.05 int or reduce physical damage taken or magical damage taken by 1 , 2 , 3 ,4 %, MAX x2 chan , and no def and atak lvl cuz u could use ur R8 Weapon , >_> didn't think at everything  :tiger-14:

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
+1
Dragon sets do have a pretty decent stats! Why roll them all around? If you need roll-able gear you should work hard and try your luck on r8! That is just my opinion.
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Panda_monium

1.maybe have only certain pieces have a chance to have att+def level rolls.
     example)15 att, 10 def full drag (or someone with CoF neck +WS belt 25 att, 20 def) can never be fair against 70 attack, 90 defense levels, or the other way around.  :normal-32:

2. material wise...im still thinking ...lawl

Panda_monium

+1
Dragon sets do have a pretty decent stats! Why roll them all around? If you need roll-able gear you should work hard and try your luck on r8! That is just my opinion.
for some people good r8 rolls can be overly expensive/ they dont have the time to farm it. imo

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
While it would be nice to see something new, you run the risk of unbalancing something that is already reasonably balanced. Since a lot of people are still working on r8r, nw upgrades, gear engraves etc, adding a new set of gear will only annoy and frustrate people when it isnt entirely needed.
Your alternative to r8r is your dragon gear. Reasonable stats, able to pk, only difference is it lacking the survivability of r8r.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
I'd be for a Dragon gear recast option.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Panda_monium

Your alternative to r8r is your dragon gear. Reasonable stats, able to pk, only difference is it lacking the survivability of r8r.
most of the time its the other way around though.
hers an example.
Normal HA dragon plate gives 20 str, 20 vit, 5% physical reduction i believe.
R8 HA chest piece gives a random hp+125, magic +200,  and like 11 dex. (reciving a good roll on this IS amazingly costly...ie 3x phys rediction +2%)
if someone were to roll the dragon piece, they could possibly lose out on -10 str and -10 vit, and -3%  phys rediction, but at the same time gaining like 10~15 defense levels.
maybe make only 1 piece of the armor attain the att/defense level status?

DJBFF

No, we already have good gear.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
I heard the NPC gear from the tailor in west is a pretty good alternative. The levels give a huge variety and it's really good gear. :))