Epic Perfect World

+50 vit tome

Offline AlmostFamous

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • Characters: AlmostFamous
Personally i find this tome worthless, it would only really be viable on veno / tank barb. And idk about venos but on my barb, fully buffed i max out at 90% reduction, 89% self buffed. So the reduce phy damage = 100% worthless, the movement speed isnt even useful.

My suggestion would be make it
+50 vit
Reduce Magic Damage 10%
Reduce Physical damage 5%

That way classes who need the phy reduction still get some, and the tank classes who need magic get it.

This is based off the fact my cata barb still gets hit 13k crits from an archer and 20k from a wizzie. That is self buffed, but lets be honest how often in tw are you going to stay fully buffed for?
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi
+1, but if you +10% mag def a barb who is magic geared too, It will get unbalanced really quickly.
substance..

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Personally i find this tome worthless, it would only really be viable on veno / tank barb. And idk about venos but on my barb, fully buffed i max out at 90% reduction, 89% self buffed. So the reduce phy damage = 100% worthless, the movement speed isnt even useful.

+50 vit
Reduce Magic Damage 10%

That way classes who need the phy reduction still get some, and the tank classes who need magic get it.

This is based off the fact my cata barb still gets hit 13k crits from an archer and 20k from a wizzie. That is self buffed, but lets be honest how often in tw are you going to stay fully buffed for?
Nope, sorry, not gonna happen. WRs in mass pk and WBs are a pain in the ass already, give them that reduction and it will be near impossible to kill some.
i feel like i'm dead
Nope, sorry, not gonna happen. WRs in mass pk and WBs are a pain in the ass already, give them that reduction and it will be near impossible to kill some.

^ Or that.
substance..

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor

+50 vit
Reduce Magic Damage 10%

the tomes are fine as is, and they have been this way forever. Adding that reduction can make certain classes way to tanky and even more of a pain then they already are.

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
-1. This won't happen. As was said before one class isn't supposed to tank EVERY other class. Since i personally play every class here I can vouch and say, my barb can get 1 shot by a few wizzies, (Halfwit mostly. q.q.) and my wizzy 1 shots barbs fairy easily, It's the way the game is built, the Barbs can have ungodly hp and physical defense, they dont need magic defense.

Also, just because you see no use in it, doesn't mean the defense is useless. I personally use it on my cleric for mass pk, mystic, and veno, Psy doesn't need it for me. When i put it in i gain about 3-5k more hp, which CAN mean the difference between getting heirobugged or not. I'm sure someone will agree that the tomes are just fine the way they are, there's a reason nobody has wrote a change thread before, the reason being, its fine the way it is. If you want magic defense use the Nightwatch.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
If you want magic defense use the Nightwatch.
Or just use a def weapon with mdef accessories. Barbs already have a lot of HP, they don't need extra defenses as well (not to mention super fast with it and tiger form). Also don't forget that other classes like Seekers would be using those tomes as well (they don't need any more damage reduction, already tanky enough). The tome would affect other classes as well and ultimately, there would be threads and complaints about the other tomes and how those need a boost as well. I think all the tomes are fine as is.

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
I see what you were trying to say and where you were going with it, but honestly it's not a good idea in the long run.
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

Offline AlmostFamous

• Amor Vincit Omnia
I would never use it on my seeker or bm. They both need accuracy to hit to an extenet. And while no wizzy can come close to 1 shotting me ( Sure they could when i had 102k hp but no def level ) The thing is its not about making the class op, the numbers were an example, physical reduction offers my barb nothing, magic tome offers my barb nothing, the 50 magic vs 50 vit/dex/str ( whichever tome you use ) Doesnt give you more % in magic defense than vit gives you in % for hp. The movement speed as a cata barb isnt that useful.

So i understand what you are all saying, but in reality, for a cata barb there isnt a single good tome that helps you out. I use tender slaves because of how poor the vit one is.

And i already use magic neck belt + ring and use a pdef rank ring. My weapon has 3x def level and magic resis, while my gear is all built around magic reduction and hp.

Offline Consist

• Old Player

+50 vit
Reduce Magic Damage 10%

1. That would be OP.
2. The movement buff is REALLY useful, becuase mostly people who use that tome are either pulling flags in NW, or pulling cata.

Offline AlmostFamous

• Amor Vincit Omnia
1. That would be OP.
2. The movement buff is REALLY useful, becuase mostly people who use that tome are either pulling flags in NW, or pulling cata.

Lets see, 2 towers per entrance that spam paralyze, bms + archers + wizzies + venos spamming stun and paralyze, honestly im failing to see how 1m/s helps me. But im sure you can englighten me, and sure i could anti stun, but like i said, in tw how often do barbs get purged? Alot.
NW sure it helps a tad, but most people who actually carry the flag, the venos have purify so thats 1m/s isnt that much. I

Offline Deference

• Fucboi
1. That would be OP.

Don't need move speed buff to pull cata, most barbs outrun the cata naturally anyways.
(^:

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
Or just use a def weapon with mdef accessories. Barbs already have a lot of HP, they don't need extra defenses as well (not to mention super fast with it and tiger form). Also don't forget that other classes like Seekers would be using those tomes as well (they don't need any more damage reduction, already tanky enough). The tome would affect other classes as well and ultimately, there would be threads and complaints about the other tomes and how those need a boost as well. I think all the tomes are fine as is.
This.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
Lets see, 2 towers per entrance that spam paralyze, bms + archers + wizzies + venos spamming stun and paralyze, honestly im failing to see how 1m/s helps me. But im sure you can englighten me, and sure i could anti stun, but like i said, in tw how often do barbs get purged? Alot.
NW sure it helps a tad, but most people who actually carry the flag, the venos have purify so thats 1m/s isnt that much. I
Not only venos grab the flag. in my squad, it's always the barb/seeker. Also in TW it does help, because the faster you can get a little past the groups of 15+people on 1 barb, the better.
Last Edit: Sept 02, 2013, 12:45 am by †ìmèñ†ìøñ

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
The vit tome is fine, I use one on my ep, wr, wb, wf, mystic, etc. I think it's fine on all, especially dat speed. >:

Mag reduce would be too op, sorry.