Epic Perfect World

Armor Interval Not Adding Up

Offline a4tech501

I have 2 demonic heavy armor piece, a helmet and the vambrace, and it shows I have 2 intervals, 0.10 from the vambrace and a 0.05 bonus, so my attack rate is 1.18/s.  When I remove the helmet, the 0.05 bonus no longer appears because I have only 1 piece of demonic heavy armor left.  However, my attack rate remained the same at 1.18.

Any clues why it didn't change?  The same bug happens when I remove the primal heavy armor pieces (I got 3 on) and leave one.  The attack rate doesn't change at all.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
The -int bonusses from different sets don't stack.

The -0.05 from the demonic & the nirvy total for only 1 -0.05, removing either one of those has no effect.

Offline gwyn

• Oblivion Leader
  • Characters: AndreaGwyn, GwynAndrea,
  • Faction: Oblivion
I have noticed that you can mix various types of HA or LA to try to get the interval bonus, even though you should have 2 different bonus from for example 2 nirvana pieces and 2 demonic pieces, it does not work, you have to mix 2 la and 2 ha, interval cape and tome do make a difference.

Level 30 base

Offline Kyan

• Retired Staff Member
  • I'n the control room watching you
The -int bonusses from different sets don't stack.

The -0.05 from the demonic & the nirvy total for only 1 -0.05, removing either one of those has no effect.

Exacly this :)
Ty to lucy that made my awsome Siggy and avvy
GM alt Krypto

Offline a4tech501

So, do you all confirm that this is indeed a bug?  That the interval bonus on the armors have no effect at all? Better remove them then if those bonuses don't have any effect.

Offline elllieee

• Old Player
It's not a bug this is how it's supposed to be, else every1 would mix and go 5aps.

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
So, do you all confirm that this is indeed a bug?  That the interval bonus on the armors have no effect at all? Better remove them then if those bonuses don't have any effect.

What I believe they are saying is that this in not an actual bug, but that the set bonuses from each set you are using do not stack up. So since you should already have an interval bonus from your nirvana set, you will not gain extra int from the demonic set bonus. Some things aren't intended to stack.
Individually, those set bonuses do work, so they needn't be removed.

And tbh, all this will be completely unnessessary as you aren't meant to be staying around that level and keeping that gear, it's just a means to an end.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline a4tech501

I... I... I actually didn't get how you think.  Something that's there, but isn't working, isn't a bug?  Then what is it? Even if we're not supposed to still have them on when we get to higher levels, it's still misleading.  I'm not sure though of the higher levels, as I only have a 150 wiz and nothing else. Too bad I had to find out the hard way that that interval bonus isn't working, even if its clearly showing on the armor's information.

Offline gwyn

• Oblivion Leader
  • Characters: AndreaGwyn, GwynAndrea,
  • Faction: Oblivion
Interval bonus stats from same types of gear do not stack up, to get the bonus of  interval from 2 different sets of gear you have no choice but to mix heavy armor with light armor, this was intentional what is so hard to understand.

Level 30 base

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
I... I... I actually didn't get how you think.  Something that's there, but isn't working, isn't a bug?  Then what is it? Even if we're not supposed to still have them on when we get to higher levels, it's still misleading.  I'm not sure though of the higher levels, as I only have a 150 wiz and nothing else. Too bad I had to find out the hard way that that interval bonus isn't working, even if its clearly showing on the armor's information.

It's simple. The interval set bonuses do not stack. They aren't designed to, as it provides a potential imbalance. Individually, those set bonuses work. So if you just had nirvana gear on, you would get the interval set bonus. But since you are mixing gear sets, they don't stack when combined.
I don't know how else to explain it. The interval bonus still works, they just do not work if you are stacking set bonus interval from two different set of gear. It's not a bug, it's not displayed incorrectly.
Feel like I am flogging a dead horse here, but I'm not sure how else to explain it. They don't stack but it's not a bug, it's meant to be like that. But again, don't understand why this is such an issue on low level gear that aren't designed for you to keep in the long run.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

Offline a4tech501

Looks obvious that neither one of you has any programming knowledge whatsoever.  I get what you all mean, that armor bonus doesn't stack up for same type.  It was a point well taken on the first reply (by Feone).  I thought I was the only one seeing this effect, and I needed confirmation so I posted it in the forums.

I've been to several pw private servers before, and all the interval bonus written on the armor works fine.  This is the first time I've seen this effect, that the bonus interval doesn't stack (because, as all of you have pointed out, is the NORMAL functioning of the game).  Not all of us knows this effect (I'm not calling it a bug anymore, because I can see that most of you are so into this game that you fail to see the point).

"Individually, those set bonuses do work, so they needn't be removed." by Azryn

Ok, individually, those set bonuses do work.  How about if you combine them, do they still work?  I got 2 interval bonuses now, but one isn't working.  For all of you, it isn't a bug, but a "normal" thing.

Sorry if you feel like you're flogging a dead horse.  You might want to read and comprehend sometimes, its not a bad thing, not just reading a few bits that you'd want to comment on.

And also, not all of us goes to level 150 in just a short time.  Some do like to "play" a bit before thinking of maxing their level.  And some are not experienced players.  They just believe what they read and see.  I'm one of those who likes to "play" a bit, spending around 15minutes to an half hour a day.  After all, this is a game.  A game with a few quirks.

Maybe spend a little more outside, and a little less in front of your screen.  Peace y'all.

AuRaGeN

Panda_monium

Looks obvious that neither one of you has any programming knowledge whatsoever.  I get what you all mean, that armor bonus doesn't stack up for same type.  It was a point well taken on the first reply (by Feone).  I thought I was the only one seeing this effect, and I needed confirmation so I posted it in the forums.

I've been to several pw private servers before, and all the interval bonus written on the armor works fine.  This is the first time I've seen this effect, that the bonus interval doesn't stack (because, as all of you have pointed out, is the NORMAL functioning of the game).  Not all of us knows this effect (I'm not calling it a bug anymore, because I can see that most of you are so into this game that you fail to see the point).

Ok, individually, those set bonuses do work.  How about if you combine them, do they still work?  I got 2 interval bonuses now, but one isn't working.  For all of you, it isn't a bug, but a "normal" thing.

Sorry if you feel like you're flogging a dead horse.  You might want to read and comprehend sometimes, its not a bad thing, not just reading a few bits that you'd want to comment on.

And also, not all of us goes to level 150 in just a short time.  Some do like to "play" a bit before thinking of maxing their level.  And some are not experienced players.  They just believe what they read and see.  I'm one of those who likes to "play" a bit, spending around 15minutes to an half hour a day.  After all, this is a game.  A game with a few quirks.

Maybe spend a little more outside, and a little less in front of your screen.  Peace y'all.

they dont stack up because, they werent programmed to?
probably because of

a potential imbalance.

Offline 9artsDragon

• Sin forevaaa
  • Try and fail then learn and success!
2 ha and 2 la are the stuffs that stacks. nirvy + drag. useless

9artsDragon - stealth>fb>firepill>stun>rc>autoattack>deads>stealth GG

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
Right, I have just a few things to say before I am done trying to help.

Regardless of my 'programming' experience, which you have no idea about so please don't insult me, that has nothing to do with the issue here. I am very aware of how this game works which is why I am a support member. And if Feone's point was so 'well taken' then I am failing to understand why you are continuing.

Congratulations for going to other servers but welcome to Epic. Some things that may apply on other servers, do not apply here. You are dealing with gear that is custom to this server and design by our devs to ensure balance. I understand that not everyone may know of the effects and design of each server, but the way you would find out is for people to tell you. Yet 1 GM, 2 support members and several players have tried to tell you that but that has still not satisfied you. So yes, somehow at least 5-7 people have 'failed to see the point' so perhaps your point is the issue.

That is precisely what we have been trying to tell you, yet for some reason, you are unable to comprehend this. I have said several times that yes, individually they work, together they DON'T. They are DESIGNED not to, as having a high base interval on any char using the same types of gear provide an IMBALANCE. I really, truly, do not know how else to explain this. I really don't understand what is so hard to comprehend.

I have done nothing but try to help you understand and all you have done in return is insult my intelligence.

I understand taking your time to farm and level, but I do not understand creating a fuss over a low level gear that you are not designed to keep and over an interval bonus on a barb that doesn't overly boost your ability to level on this server, as most people are in parties, AOEing in PV, not apsing mobs.

Again, please don't insult me or other players when all anyone has tried to do is help you with your query. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

Seems like no matter how many times you try and explain a simple concept to someone, rather than accepting or comprehending it, they would rather insult. Apologies for the wall of text but after doing nothing but trying to help someone, I feel rather insulted.

Good luck in game.

Last Edit: Sept 06, 2013, 05:26 am by Azryn

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾