Yes, I want the old NW map back.
16 (80%)
No, I don't want the old NW map back.
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Old NW Map

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Read the EPW rules, it says ur forbidden to alt in the following events : TW, NW and one more which idk and idc.

Rules say a lot of things, GM's unfortunately don't enforce most of them at all.

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
Rules say a lot of things, GM's unfortunately don't enforce most of them at all.
Sadly yes. '-'

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
It's very simple to do this change but the map would be possibly to small then with the constant base-lock issue. I think that the current map is better after all.
And regarding multi-clienting, it's difficult to enforce this rule on NW exactly (much easier everywhere else).

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
It's very simple to do this change but the map would be possibly to small then with the constant base-lock issue. I think that the current map is better after all.
And regarding multi-clienting, it's difficult to enforce this rule on NW exactly (much easier everywhere else).

Would it be possible to have 2 or 3 GM's online during NW who can deal with people reporting AFKers?

Teleport in, see if the character is being afk, ban it if so.  Most of them are very easy to spot.
Even if a ban on first offense is too much (in case a DC or something makes it look like one.) then they can still write down the character names.

I think there would be a LOT less afk if there was a severe punishment for repeat offenders. a one or two week ban on all accounts belong to the IP of the afker will definitely outweigh any benefit they get from multiclienting. Which is the real issue here, the risk of being caught, and even the punishment in the unlikely event that they do get caught is worth the reward of extra tokens. That is what needs to change.

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
Maybe not make the map so small like that... but maybe less lands .-.
About the rule... yes it's hard but if more than 4 GMs will be there and check base + some lands would make a big difference for us the ones that really do smth...

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
It's hard to enforce but it only negatively affects the people that use their single character wanting to do well but some selfish people getting in the way of doing so. What's the point of having a rule that cannot be enforced? I honestly hope there will be a solution for this major issue. Cheaters are getting away breaking the rules while the rest of us just watch them.

Offline Vionn

I don't think baselocking would be a huge problem, it was a bigger problem in PWI because of the cashshoppers and then the people with like TT99 gear, they couldn't compete. But here everyone is somewhat equally geared, so I don't think baselocks would too be difficult to prevent or get out of.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I don't think baselocking would be a huge problem, it was a bigger problem in PWI because of the cashshoppers and then the people with like TT99 gear, they couldn't compete. But here everyone is somewhat equally geared, so I don't think baselocks would too be difficult to prevent or get out of.

You would say so but my general NW squad has no problem whatsoever pushing in a straight line to the enemy base and blocking the 3 lands facing our nation for the rest of the NW.

10 vs 5-20 fights the whole time, winning each one.

It just takes 1 squad of people that don't rpk to baselock on the current big map, it would be so much easier on the small one.

Offline Vionn

And it only takes one squad who doesn't rpk to stop them. Maybe it would be more of an incentive for people to play to win, instead of just rpking. Also, it's easier to push through on this map because there are so many territories. This makes it take longer to get around, and also there are more territories to defend. Having a smaller map would make it easier to attack, yes, but it would also make it easier to defend your territories. Right now there are a ton of people going to maps solo, and just taking it over without any resistance, while other people are in a 20 v 5 battle or something stupid like that.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
And it only takes one squad who doesn't rpk to stop them. Maybe it would be more of an incentive for people to play to win, instead of just rpking. Also, it's easier to push through on this map because there are so many territories. This makes it take longer to get around, and also there are more territories to defend. Having a smaller map would make it easier to attack, yes, but it would also make it easier to defend your territories. Right now there are a ton of people going to maps solo, and just taking it over without any resistance, while other people are in a 20 v 5 battle or something stupid like that.

Since each nation has equal-ish numbers I don't see the problem. The solution you presented to the baselock thing, namely most of EPW magically getting common tactical sense in NW beyond farming personal credit with RPK, would also fix the original problem the thread started with.

So now all we have to do is get all of EPW to focus on flags instead of selfishly farming personal contri and everything is solved!

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
The fact that 'there's empty TWs' is really down to the players.. If they want back-up then they are obliged to call in nation chat, and also if they wanted to keep lands, they would actually go on the defensive from time to time. Anyhow, the new map was implemented so it was harder to base-lock nations, rather than being base-locked in the first 5 minutes (This actually happened...). So, I'd like to praise Agatio for keeping it as it is!