Epic Perfect World

Help ? Q_Q

Offline Pookie

• Characters: ImmaKiLLYou
  • Faction: Factionless
Hello >_> i'm having a problem with my brother's pc and with EpicPW , the processor is randomly changing frequencyes , the original is x2 2.80 Ghz but since few days ago it's randomly changing , it was 2.96 Ghz, then 4.14 Ghz , then 3.68 , changed back to 2.80 Ghz , and now it's 3.68Ghz , and the epw is running in slow motion andi really don't know why , sice the processor started ***in with me , the game is running in slow motion , it takes ages to cast Ion Spike , i get killed before even casting it , here are some screenshots ... O_O Any fix .. for this ? O_O.

Tali

Intel CPUs use a function called Speedstep. It changes the frenquencies due to how much load the processors have.

If you're looking to disable the function, you can edit it through your computer's BIOS which can be accessed during startup.

Try disabling the function and see if it changes, all it will really do is use more power, so mind your bills. ;)

Anyway, see if disabling speedstep will change anything performance wise.

If you're feeling tech savvy you can overclock your machine to run at the highest rate, but be warned it could lead to some computer failures/over heating.

Offline Pookie

Thanks ^^ i'mmma do it right now.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
Intel CPUs use a function called Speedstep. It changes the frenquencies due to how much load the processors have.

If you're looking to disable the function, you can edit it through your computer's BIOS which can be accessed during startup.

Try disabling the function and see if it changes, all it will really do is use more power, so mind your bills. ;)

Anyway, see if disabling speedstep will change anything performance wise.

If you're feeling tech savvy you can overclock your machine to run at the highest rate, but be warned it could lead to some computer failures/over heating.

I was gonna suggest seeing if the graphics could be lowered in-game if they hadn't already.. but this is a better suggestion  :-X

Tali

I was gonna suggest seeing if the graphics could be lowered in-game if they hadn't already.. but this is a better suggestion  :-X

1.5 years of tech support has taught me two things:

Computers
and that I hate everybody.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
1.5 years of tech support has taught me two things:

Computers
and that I hate everybody.
Bless your heart, you were one of those unfortunate souls.

Tali

Bless your heart, you were one of those unfortunate souls.

"I deleted the icon for internet explorer, how do I reinstall it????"

Offline Pookie

Haha nice XD, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the option in BIOS , i dezactivate it , mhhm and looks like Hyper-Threading it's disabled too now , and the processor is back to it's original 2.80 Ghz, but the bad thing is ,  The processor's frequency will get higher every time it has more load , currently with Mozzila firefox and x2 EpicPW elemt opened  my processor went to 4.14 Ghz >_> , cant't do much , but it's not working in slow motion like when i played EPW this morning , everything is moving great , i can cast IonSpike before i'm killed LoL. Thx Tali  :-* ;) :smiley: :smiley: .

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
Tali full pro.

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
May I suggest you get some more RAM? D: my phone has more than that lol

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
"I deleted the icon for internet explorer, how do I reinstall it????"

LOL. I wonder if you told them it was gone forever they'd believe you.

ontopic: good luck with trying what was suggested. ^-^

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
May I suggest you get some more RAM? D: my phone has more than that lol
???  I read that number wrong. Yeah, invest in some RAM..

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
Haha nice XD, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the option in BIOS , i dezactivate it , mhhm and looks like Hyper-Threading it's disabled too now , and the processor is back to it's original 2.80 Ghz, but the bad thing is ,  The processor's frequency will get higher every time it has more load , currently with Mozzila firefox and x2 EpicPW elemt opened  my processor went to 4.14 Ghz >_> , cant't do much , but it's not working in slow motion like when i played EPW this morning , everything is moving great , i can cast IonSpike before i'm killed LoL. Thx Tali  :-* ;) :smiley: :smiley: .

I think you may find your performance will improve further with more ram. Seriously 0.99 GB is really really low.

Tali

No problem :)

Offline Pookie