Epic Perfect World

affordable random item packs.

Offline Kazureblue

I havent really tried the EU packs XD I usually have horrible luck, but those are mostly available through the boutique, where as these packs would be available hopefully to all players. And the suggestions from Miyurii sound perfect! XD

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
I have a reshape addiction, i have like 5 weapons because i love the suspense of what i'll get next.

Ikr?
I hope this isn't how gambling problems start :x
Starting to think I need to get out more.

/offtopic

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
I kinda like this idea. I used to love opening packs on PWI, PWV and Deva. While it is sad, I always get a kick out of luck based things. Like gambling, but nothing or not much at stake. That's why I always play free poker or lotteries and such. Same with my rerolls and engraves.

I guess you're after a similar thing to universe chests, just with less valuable items and lower chances.
Say for example:
- Single elixirs
- Single epic coins
- Low chance of OEC
- Really really low chance of a skill (lower than Universe chests)
- Single apo and chrono pages
- Random inks (ones in boutique)
- Low chance of the basic exp scrolls (2mil ones)
- Really low chance of single ancient emblems.

Then just fill up the space with perfect stones, shards or other basically useless things.

I'm not saying add all these things is, else people will start spamming packs and not doing events or buying things from boutique. These are just an example of things that could be added.

The only issue is finding the right balance between cost, value of items, chance and making them a little something extra people can buy, but not having it substitute for drop events, such as Peach or Sumor (say, if people are having better luck at packs, they'll stop going to events).

Not a bad idea though, might be worth looking into.

I like these. Maybe add in a super low chance, like SO low of getting maybe a demonic token thingy. '-' Veryveryvery low chance, but still there so it can keep people interested.
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline Deference

• Fucboi
I kinda like this idea. I used to love opening packs on PWI, PWV and Deva. While it is sad, I always get a kick out of luck based things. Like gambling, but nothing or not much at stake. That's why I always play free poker or lotteries and such. Same with my rerolls and engraves.

I guess you're after a similar thing to universe chests, just with less valuable items and lower chances.
Say for example:
- Single elixirs
- Single epic coins
- Low chance of OEC
- Really really low chance of a skill (lower than Universe chests)
- Single apo and chrono pages
- Random inks (ones in boutique)
- Low chance of the basic exp scrolls (2mil ones)
- Really low chance of single ancient emblems.

Then just fill up the space with perfect stones, shards or other basically useless things.

I'm not saying add all these things is, else people will start spamming packs and not doing events or buying things from boutique. These are just an example of things that could be added.

The only issue is finding the right balance between cost, value of items, chance and making them a little something extra people can buy, but not having it substitute for drop events, such as Peach or Sumor (say, if people are having better luck at packs, they'll stop going to events).

Not a bad idea though, might be worth looking into.

I'm a fan '-'
(^:

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
I like these. Maybe add in a super low chance, like SO low of getting maybe a demonic token thingy. '-' Veryveryvery low chance, but still there so it can keep people interested.

I was thinking that as well. I'd love the chance. Just wouldn't want people spamming packs on alts etc.
Another idea I had was a custom baby pet or something unique to the packs, that you can't get anywhere else.
I remember I used to spam packs alllll day on Vendetta trying to get a baby hamster .-. They were so freakin' cute and unobtainable. I'm a sucker for gimmicks.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
I was thinking that as well. I'd love the chance. Just wouldn't want people spamming packs on alts etc.
Another idea I had was a custom baby pet or something unique to the packs, that you can't get anywhere else.
I remember I used to spam packs alllll day on Vendetta trying to get a baby hamster .-. They were so freakin' cute and unobtainable. I'm a sucker for gimmicks.

Ohmergerd I spent 10mil on that pet on RT. ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC. Either custom pets, maybe custom fashion like those amazing skinny jeans on a few other servers. Ohmergerd I would open so many packs for those '-'

Offline Syn

• I just came here to have a good time and honestly I am feeling so attacked rn
But remember the key point guys, packs that are really cheap and you can afford buying them all the time, if it isn't like this only cash shoppers will benefit. The chances must be really low to get something relatively good or it'll break the economy.

I didn't think about this as a way of replacing farming, even if you keep opening packs all day you should get crap compared to a whole day farming, unless you're extremely lucky.

It should be something you should do while you're bored or while you're just speaking in faction chat and not doing anything tedious, or maybe while waiting the next wave of enemies in pvp, you get what I mean xD
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I think unlimited availability is a bad idea.

Why?

Autoclickers.

It is not difficult at all (with a little bit of computer skills) to have one or up to about 10 (depending on what kind of computer is doing it) clients clicking 24/7 with no efford whatsoever. Sure 10 would be rare but anyone can run autoclickers over night with about half an hour of searching how to.

This will be a bad influence on the server not only in the obvious effect itll have in dropping the value of any possible reward item in the economy but also by consuming server recourses with characters that aren't even being played. The main issue here is unlimited availability though, not so much the pack idea itself.

I very much dislike the "ultimate item" packs in PWI but a pack with an item range from crappy to good wouldn't neccesarily be a bad thing. As long as anything obtainable is either purely cosmetic or obtainable in other ways with similar efford.

So in short, not a bad idea but IMO it needs a few things:

Boxes should be tradable, not everyone likes random chance packs.

Boxes should not be available in unlimited quantities. Limitting it per char or account won't work either because those can be made in infinite amounts easily.

Items should never be ultimate items that are the very best or otherwise unobtainable. A good reward is fine, but don't make the best stuff dependable on chance packs. Some things that should definitely NOT be in there:
Cube neck, TM cape, Warsong belt, High-end tomes, etc.

On the other hand unique items are possible provided they are cosmetic, fashion, mounts, fliers etc. For all other stuff crappy up to decent stuff only.  Perhaps some mats? An individual warsong inscript would be ok, or perhaps very (very very) rarely that warsoul fragment craftable from purified perfect stones as it's pretty impossible to farm currently.

To fix the unlimited availability thing Ill list several possible ideas on getting these packs:

Give an amount on dailies. Some posibilities would be:

Bounty Hunter
Treasure Quest
Endless Universe
Advanced Endless Universe
World Quest
Crazy Stone

The drawback being that these quests already give rewards and it'd just become a boost on daily rewards.

Another posibility would be using this in combination with the DQ items.

Massively boost the difficulty and variety of random world mobs. (Difficulty as in risky to fight, not difficulty as in lets give it a 10m hp bar and make it take an eternity of mindless DDing.)
Then combine this with giving a new form of DQ drop that can be exchanged for these reward chests.

(I have some ideas for a challenging set of mobs, I'll be happy to write these down if there is staff interest in the idea.)

Yet another possibility is adding these as drops from common dungeons.
Lunar, TT, Warsong, SoT/Aba  etc.  Sort of the same issue as with dailies, boosting rewards of existing activities.

Perhaps as a reward option for Trophy Mode? An amount of reward boxes in exchange for medals (gold/silver/bronze, different amounts according to rank of course.)
Giving the non-TM cape farming population some incentive to do TM.

Offline Mx11y

• Old Player
I think unlimited availability is a bad idea.

Why?

Autoclickers.

It is not difficult at all (with a little bit of computer skills) to have one or up to about 10 (depending on what kind of computer is doing it) clients clicking 24/7 with no efford whatsoever. Sure 10 would be rare but anyone can run autoclickers over night with about half an hour of searching how to.

This will be a bad influence on the server not only in the obvious effect itll have in dropping the value of any possible reward item in the economy but also by consuming server recourses with characters that aren't even being played. The main issue here is unlimited availability though, not so much the pack idea itself.

I very much dislike the "ultimate item" packs in PWI but a pack with an item range from crappy to good wouldn't neccesarily be a bad thing. As long as anything obtainable is either purely cosmetic or obtainable in other ways with similar efford.

So in short, not a bad idea but IMO it needs a few things:

Boxes should be tradable, not everyone likes random chance packs.

Boxes should not be available in unlimited quantities. Limitting it per char or account won't work either because those can be made in infinite amounts easily.

Items should never be ultimate items that are the very best or otherwise unobtainable. A good reward is fine, but don't make the best stuff dependable on chance packs. Some things that should definitely NOT be in there:
Cube neck, TM cape, Warsong belt, High-end tomes, etc.

On the other hand unique items are possible provided they are cosmetic, fashion, mounts, fliers etc. For all other stuff crappy up to decent stuff only.  Perhaps some mats? An individual warsong inscript would be ok, or perhaps very (very very) rarely that warsoul fragment craftable from purified perfect stones as it's pretty impossible to farm currently.

To fix the unlimited availability thing Ill list several possible ideas on getting these packs:

Give an amount on dailies. Some posibilities would be:

Bounty Hunter
Treasure Quest
Endless Universe
Advanced Endless Universe
World Quest
Crazy Stone

The drawback being that these quests already give rewards and it'd just become a boost on daily rewards.

Another posibility would be using this in combination with the DQ items.

Massively boost the difficulty and variety of random world mobs. (Difficulty as in risky to fight, not difficulty as in lets give it a 10m hp bar and make it take an eternity of mindless DDing.)
Then combine this with giving a new form of DQ drop that can be exchanged for these reward chests.

(I have some ideas for a challenging set of mobs, I'll be happy to write these down if there is staff interest in the idea.)

Yet another possibility is adding these as drops from common dungeons.
Lunar, TT, Warsong, SoT/Aba  etc.  Sort of the same issue as with dailies, boosting rewards of existing activities.

Perhaps as a reward option for Trophy Mode? An amount of reward boxes in exchange for medals (gold/silver/bronze, different amounts according to rank of course.)
Giving the non-TM cape farming population some incentive to do TM.

tl;dr

Antihero

Why not do it with coins? Or Epic Coins? Offer something like a lottery. You pay a predetermined amount to get an clickable item that will offer either a small chance of a reasonable substantial reward, or a greater chance to get nothing. The item could be a ticket, pack, or whatever it needs to be and the odds can be set however they need to be.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran

Honestly. I agree with you and completely disagree with you. The point of this was to make it EASY FOR EVERYONE. While that can be easily abused, it can also make it fair. I'm sorry but I will NOT go to special dungeons for hours to get a few boxes with SLIM CHANCES TO GET SOMETHING GOOD... Nopenope. The point of this is to get some good things, not great, but alright things to help people. You are making it SO MUCH HARDER... If it is going to be hard, don't put it in the game.

I agree. No warsongs, no cube, no TM capes. None of that. But say, some coins, a small amount of ec every so often with a smaller chance for 10 ec, pages for skills, small small small chances for AEU skills or whatever they are... A smalllllll chance for demonic tokens. That is OKAY. It will make it fun to do, but not break the economy whatsoever.

Offline Deference

• Fucboi

Honestly. I agree with you and completely disagree with you. The point of this was to make it EASY FOR EVERYONE. While that can be easily abused, it can also make it fair. I'm sorry but I will NOT go to special dungeons for hours to get a few boxes with SLIM CHANCES TO GET SOMETHING GOOD... Nopenope. The point of this is to get some good things, not great, but alright things to help people. You are making it SO MUCH HARDER... If it is going to be hard, don't put it in the game.

I agree. No warsongs, no cube, no TM capes. None of that. But say, some coins, a small amount of ec every so often with a smaller chance for 10 ec, pages for skills, small small small chances for AEU skills or whatever they are... A smalllllll chance for demonic tokens. That is OKAY. It will make it fun to do, but not break the economy whatsoever.

All of my this.
(^:

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
Im ok with this as long as you dont turn this into Vendetta #2, making us open packs in order to get vital parts of the gear  :normal-19:

Off Topic: What's the point of giving a low chance to demonic tokens as if they were superior to r8 gear, even after being recasted to dragon gear.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
Im ok with this as long as you dont turn this into Vendetta #2, making us open packs in order to get vital parts of the gear  :normal-19:

Off Topic: What's the point of giving a low chance to demonic tokens as if they were superior to r8 gear, even after being recasted to dragon gear.

I agree with the first part, and the second. If you are doing it for fun, it can help gear up alts. I know that I have all of mine wearing 130 gear because I cba to make 140 or buy all that demonic. ^-^ On that note, you could also add a small chance of getting level scrolls, and even smaller chance for super level scrolls. Smallllll guys. Like. .0001 chance or something like that (making things up here now  :)) )

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

The thing is, any pack that can just be bought & opened with any profit at all will be abused. it takes about 1-4 seconds to do 1 pack quest depending on your ping.
Autoclickers can run easily for say 15 hours a day when someone isn't playing or using their home computer.
15 hours  = 15-50k packs opened a day, per client, with no efford whatsoever. Even if there is just a 1% chance to get anything at all that's still a massive amount of rewards, WAY more than anyone could open by hand. It needs some sort of limit to not be massively abused.