Epic Perfect World

affordable random item packs.

Offline Syn

• I just came here to have a good time and honestly I am feeling so attacked rn
So here we go with another suggestion.
I'd like to see some kind of random item pack which is affordable to anyone, maybe like x50 packs for 10 silver or just make it free for 1 coin each at God's Giving.

Usually they would give items with no economic value (Perfect stones or something like that) but has a really really small chance of giving good items (When I say small chance, I mean really small, below 0.5%). This could boost economy and favor lucky people.

Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline Mx11y

• Old Player
You'd be surprised of how lucky some people are.

Offline Syn

You'd be surprised of how lucky some people are.

if many people are lucky the probability can be nerfed
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline Mx11y

• Old Player
if many people are lucky the probability can be nerfed
Idea I actually like though, sometimes when I can't sleep I spend hours being bored and browsing the internet while there's no PK going on.
Those packs would keep me interested in getting some good items for a low price, regardless of the chance. xD

Offline Syn

Idea I actually like though, sometimes when I can't sleep I spend hours being bored and browsing the internet while there's no PK going on.
Those packs would keep me interested in getting some good items for a low price, regardless of the chance. xD
Same here! sometimes I just stay a while talking in faction chat without doing anything while I could be opening some packs if they existed.

But the key point of this post is to make some packs that everyone can adquire in high quantities (though with an extreme low chance to get good stuff), I don't want packs if they're overpriced and only cash shoppers could buy high amounts, that's PWI style.
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
what kind of good items are you suggesting? o:

Offline Syn

what kind of good items are you suggesting? o:
I guess that's up to gms, but I believe it could a mix of all the stuff in server, the more worth, the lower the chance to get it
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline misdirect

yeaah. a lottery would be nice

Tali

I'm only slightly biased due to the reason packs were added in PWI.

In PW-CN, there are no packs. Gambling is illegal in china.
In PWI, packs were made to increase profit by having people buy a shitton of them in hopes of getting a SoT or something fancy, while the reality is they end up with an inventory full of tokens.

It'd have to be adjusted carefully here, as it WILL end up creating a mass need for packs. Most people are easily susceptible to the allure of packs, like all gambling.

Eventually, people will turn to donating in order to obtain packs, if they were a boutique-only type deal.
Thus, the influx of people with the best items out of the packs will make this "donor" status quite apparent, a la "cashshopper" title in PWI.

I wouldn't mind seeing it implemented here, but it has to be done very carefully. Packs ruined the economy of PWI, and while EPW's economy is generally stable, it could crash and burn just as easily.

Offline Syn

I'm only slightly biased due to the reason packs were added in PWI.

In PW-CN, there are no packs. Gambling is illegal in china.
In PWI, packs were made to increase profit by having people buy a shitton of them in hopes of getting a SoT or something fancy, while the reality is they end up with an inventory full of tokens.

It'd have to be adjusted carefully here, as it WILL end up creating a mass need for packs. Most people are easily susceptible to the allure of packs, like all gambling.

Eventually, people will turn to donating in order to obtain packs, if they were a boutique-only type deal.
Thus, the influx of people with the best items out of the packs will make this "donor" status quite apparent, a la "cashshopper" title in PWI.

I wouldn't mind seeing it implemented here, but it has to be done very carefully. Packs ruined the economy of PWI, and while EPW's economy is generally stable, it could crash and burn just as easily.
I completely agree with you Tali, that's why I said affordable, packs that everyone can buy and not only cash shoppers, though the chance rates would be extremely low. If anyone played deva they should know what I'm talking about, they had a mysterious pack which contained really good items but at a very low chance, though imo I'd like something even lower here. The packs can be sold for 1 coin at God's Giving.

I thought of this as something to do while you're bored or not doing anything, these packs could boost the economy a little but it won't really change it that much.
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline Kazureblue

i would suggest maybe 10k instead of 1 coin, and maybe in stacks of 100 or 1000. A prize for it could honestly be an ec reward of somekind, be it 1 ec to 10 ec or something. And other usefullish stuff too, like perhaps some sort of random skill book, apoc pages, chrono pages, perhaps some sort of gear mats. Useful things but not things that will destroy the economy. Perhaps supply tokens or event tokens would be nice too as people seem to need those. Perhaps r8 mats. Blah blah blah you get my point XD

Offline Mx11y

• Old Player
But if that ever gets added to the game, it should be more of free time thingy, something to do when you're bored, not /HAVE/ to open packs in order to get geared up.
Also, even the 10k price as somebody mentioned, sounds ok o.o..

Offline 🌸

• -
i would suggest maybe 10k instead of 1 coin, and maybe in stacks of 100 or 1000. A prize for it could honestly be an ec reward of somekind, be it 1 ec to 10 ec or something. And other usefullish stuff too, like perhaps some sort of random skill book, apoc pages, chrono pages, perhaps some sort of gear mats. Useful things but not things that will destroy the economy. Perhaps supply tokens or event tokens would be nice too as people seem to need those. Perhaps r8 mats. Blah blah blah you get my point XD

Most of that you can get from the universal chest. The EC would have to have a low chance. Event tokens are most likely reserved for event rewards. Just pointing them out. ^-^

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
I kinda like this idea. I used to love opening packs on PWI, PWV and Deva. While it is sad, I always get a kick out of luck based things. Like gambling, but nothing or not much at stake. That's why I always play free poker or lotteries and such. Same with my rerolls and engraves.

I guess you're after a similar thing to universe chests, just with less valuable items and lower chances.
Say for example:
- Single elixirs
- Single epic coins
- Low chance of OEC
- Really really low chance of a skill (lower than Universe chests)
- Single apo and chrono pages
- Random inks (ones in boutique)
- Low chance of the basic exp scrolls (2mil ones)
- Really low chance of single ancient emblems.

Then just fill up the space with perfect stones, shards or other basically useless things.

I'm not saying add all these things is, else people will start spamming packs and not doing events or buying things from boutique. These are just an example of things that could be added.

The only issue is finding the right balance between cost, value of items, chance and making them a little something extra people can buy, but not having it substitute for drop events, such as Peach or Sumor (say, if people are having better luck at packs, they'll stop going to events).

Not a bad idea though, might be worth looking into.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline 🌸

• -
I guess you're after a similar thing to universe chests, just with less valuable items and lower chances.
Say for example:
- Single elixirs
- Single epic coins
- Low chance of OEC
- Really really low chance of a skill (lower than Universe chests)
- Single apo and chrono pages
- Random inks (ones in boutique)
- Low chance of the basic exp scrolls (2mil ones)
- Really low chance of single ancient emblems.

Then just fill up the space with perfect stones, shards or other basically useless things.

+1 these items are deffinetly most suitable.

I have a reshape addiction, i have like 5 weapons because i love the suspense of what i'll get next.