Epic Perfect World

Insane lag, to the point of not being able to play normally.

Offline Rinn

• Regular naps prevent old age, especially if you ta
I joined the server 3 days ago, and the main problem I've been having is lag. And it's not just a little lag, it's 2-3 minutes of delay. My internet isn't terrible slow. In the four years I've played private servers, I've never had this much lag.

It's a constant lag as well. It's to the point where it becomes impossible to play the game. I usually don't complain, and don't like the sound whinny but I don't know what else to do to be honest.

It's not just me either, a lot of people seem to have lag issues. Just mentioning one thread for example:
-http://epicpw.com/general-discussion/lag-since-host-change/

Now, here's the weird thing, on both servers(Epica-1/2) I have between 66-80ms ping which isn't bad at all.
By the way it's not a fps issue before anyone dares mention that :p.

Any advice? is there anything I can do?

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
I joined the server 3 days ago, and the main problem I've been having is lag. And it's not just a little lag, it's 2-3 minutes of delay. My internet isn't terrible slow. In the four years I've played private servers, I've never had this much lag.

It's a constant lag as well. It's to the point where it becomes impossible to play the game. I usually don't complain, and don't like the sound whinny but I don't know what else to do to be honest.

It's not just me either, a lot of people seem to have lag issues. Just mentioning one thread for example:
-http://epicpw.com/general-discussion/lag-since-host-change/

Now, here's the weird thing, on both servers(Epica-1/2) I have between 66-80ms ping which isn't bad at all.
By the way it's not a fps issue before anyone dares mention that :p.

Any advice? is there anything I can do?

Do you have all your graphics turned down? Your distances turned down? Do you use the proxy visuals? Do you keep customizations on or off?  :-\
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline Rinn

Graphics don't matter, my PC is custom built, it can handle it. Distance is set between low/average. Proxy visuals is on.

Offline ChicaBomb

• fuck france
  • breadstick
Alot of people were having huge lag spikes since the new host change, but for most I think it settled.
Maybe you're unlucky enough for it to still be affecting you.  :sad:

Either that or your connection is being flooded.
when InTake gets ct buff

Offline Deference

• Fucboi
Alot of people were having huge lag spikes since the new host change, but for most I think it settled.
Maybe you're unlucky enough for it to still be affecting you.  :sad:

Either that or your connection is being flooded.

^ I get random lag spikes sometimes still but most of the time it's my own internet being trash. c:
(^:

Offline Vionn

I'm not even able to pk anymore, so I just stopped playing. I get 3+ second delays when I'm trying to cast skills. I'll go back to playing when this lag crap gets fixed, because right now it's unplayable.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
I reset my router a few times, and I'm completely back to normal. o:

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline BeastlyBoy

i cant do a damn thing ether

Offline Shinatty-Chan

• Shinatty-Chan, aru.
  • The creepiest Hello-Kitty.
Graphics don't matter, my PC is custom built, it can handle it. Distance is set between low/average. Proxy visuals is on.
Aww. I've heard that custom built ones can be really good ..."kinda jealous".

Anyways. Hi, I'm wondering, if there's so much lag going around since this change, why did it even happen?

~Shinatty.
Hello, aru. I'm Shinatty-Chan, the creepy hello kitty.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
Aww. I've heard that custom built ones can be really good ..."kinda jealous".

Anyways. Hi, I'm wondering, if there's so much lag going around since this change, why did it even happen?

~Shinatty.
I think the point of the change was to reduce lag from our old host, but it doesn't seem like its doing much good for people :-X

Offline Shinatty-Chan

• Shinatty-Chan, aru.
  • The creepiest Hello-Kitty.
I think the point of the change was to reduce lag from our old host, but it doesn't seem like its doing much good for people :-X
Ah, I see, thanks.
Personally, I didn't have too much lag when we were at the old host (except for my internet at times, and that's my problem)... so I don't really see what was wrong with the old one anyways? O.O

~Shinatty.
Hello, aru. I'm Shinatty-Chan, the creepy hello kitty.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Ah, I see, thanks.
Personally, I didn't have too much lag when we were at the old host (except for my internet at times, and that's my problem)... so I don't really see what was wrong with the old one anyways? O.O

~Shinatty.
I cant say for sure, but I think we moved hosts to reduce lag and ping. Also I've heard rumors that it'll be harder to DDoS EPW now. Personally I don't experience nor increase nor decrease in ping and/or lag.

Offline Rinn

It's not just me though, every time I got into pv with a squad, atleast one of em d/c's.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
i still get lagg but i'm hoping it goes away after the weather clears in my country.  Pk with 1-2 secs delay is not that fun.  :smiley:
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x