Epic Perfect World

Hybrid Seeker Mass PK guide

rainlu

hi i decided i am gonna make a very basic and simple guide for a hybrid dragon ha+la seeker in mass PK.
First thing we gonna do is analyze the genies.
i will give you few questions and answers with reasoning.
1.Which genie is the best for mass PK for a hybrid seeker ?
strength because you can do 100 k damage every 30 seconds (heartseeker>relentless courage>gloom edges) aswell with 50 + k physical or arround 70 k magical long range damage every 30 seconds while camping r8 and instaswitching to GoF (blood affinity>sacrifical slash>qpq>tangling mire>gemini slash or fortify>blood afinity>fortify>sacrificial slash>qpq>ion spike>heartseeker>battousai on melees.
2.Why am i kinda squishier compared to str seeker ?
You are a hybrid seeker a your job in mass pk is not to survive but to deal the most damage possible before you die and that's it.Hybrid seekers always rush, their point is just to find the correct target instead of swapping arround targets mindlessly.
3.Why it seems like my damage is like 1/3 or more worse than the damage of str seeker ?
it's not just an illussion you are not hallucinating, you really deal less damage (edit: ofcourse while having hybrid dragon and edges on, if you are about to switch to r8 gear and gof u r getting back your usual damage), but average with the rush tactic you are dealing more dph, with the difference of enemy having the opportunity to survive skill spamming.
if you want to spamm long range skills you have to be sure some EA is with you or other long range support for that positional fight, unlike of str seeker which can 1v1 long range skill spamm for longer duration and probably would zerk to death kind of more often as you can see.
So the choice is whether you like to use rush tactic you go hybrid seeker or if you concentrate only on kiting targets, which can be extremely beneficial in supporting your squad long range position fighters.
Why is hybrid seeker usefull in mass pk after all then ?
like i said before it's not important to stay alive.
with hybrid seeker you will mostly die, and the reason why you die is cause you will dive into stuns, accidently (you can never avoid that for 100 % even in mass pk sins or bms have time to stunlock you).
Why is it a viable build for mass pk then ?
it is when you fulfil 2 important rules which are the following:
1.as a hybrid seeker never act in the middle position fights and never rely on your aoe damage.(although you can use it when you outnumber the enemy)
2.always  sneak to targets like sins do, i know you don't have stealth but it's possible just don't go on main routes but take sideway paths.

Last Edit: Aug 22, 2013, 01:20 pm by rainlu

rainlu

no man this is true, you just don't get it.
And you probably didn't read anyhing or you think aps seeker is for pve.
and don't say it's bullsh.it if you didn't try to play a hybrids seeker,
if you did and fail why didn't you explain why you failed instead of just neglecting my ideas.
Last Edit: Aug 20, 2013, 03:01 pm by rainlu

Offline Kirasath

get double int on r8 bracers,run 2.22 aps base with str tome and full r8 set.Relentless courage is a bad idea it burns your genie and leaves you without any protection.

Offline sashienla

switching gears, best part :P

rainlu

that's not good, in mass pk , only barbs can really tank, you never know how many of your teammates will drop in X ammount of time , and how many enemies will come in Y amount of time, when they appear r8 isn't going to help you...
2.relentless courage costs almost nothing , and you can spamm it every 30 sec, and in mean time you you still can kill with tangling mire or occult...

after that you die or you run back but you could drop 2 targets if you did it well.

switching gears, best part :P
switching gears isn't gonna help u in mass PK for surivability...
i mentioned it nly cause it adds atk levels which after all is the killability.

Offline Kirasath

with ha/la you lose a lot of defense/att lvls and your aps will not be so much more than with full r8+edges.you will get easily killed by all classes+your metal and gemini combo's will suck :-[ what the sense going ha/la?for a miserable boost in aps?

rainlu

i told you you can switch to r8 with a campy weap...
you can gain +40 def lvls
and you can go in hybrid for like 5 seconds, when you deal like 100 k damage,
and then you can still go back to r8 and have all the benefits from it.
i explained what's the downside, and what's the benefit,i didn't state it's neither better or worse, it just depends what you'd  like to do.
so in the end i said you are squishier as hybrid seeker (even if you switch to r8 you are lacking like 5-6  k defense but you have more damage /hour no matter what you going to say you won't get the damage as i can do with edges + relentless combined with that basic combo in next 15 seconds (it's slightly higher, i know right but the defense you are getting is also just slightly higher)
so yeah you have higher % chance to kill an opponent basically as str seeker, but you have higher % chance to kill more than 1 opponents as hybrid even if the % chance to kill 1 opponent is slightly worse, that's my only point.(assuming it would be a balanced fight where you could just sneak behind someone use unfetter>heartseeker and deal that aps damage ofcourse)
Last Edit: Aug 20, 2013, 03:28 pm by rainlu

Offline NeeT

• E(nergy)=M(ilk)*C(offe)2
  • SoSayWeAll
  • Characters: Lachesis, Atropus, JustOneFishy, ...
  • Faction: WB, Mariteam, Autumn
7-3 build sage HA seeker here
i dont have ds, ws, cube, or (good) r8 yet, but i can hit 971k ( or 1m+ to a boss in gv )
and if i need atk rate... welcome back, LA dragon wrist foot and other stuffs and 2.86 :P
so switch gears and str genie sure :)
Date Registered: May 29, 2013, 07:55 am

rainlu

7-3 build sage HA seeker here
i dont have ds, ws, cube, or (good) r8 yet, but i can hit 971k ( or 1m+ to a boss in gv )
and if i need atk rate... welcome back, LA dragon wrist foot and other stuffs and 2.86 :P
so switch gears and str genie sure :)
finally someone who understands my point...
people might gone misjudging cuz of i put a"slash" between Ha and La
i meant Ha+La
this is a basic guide, i just made this thread for beginners and people like to misjudge the whole thing at first look.
my build is full strength too (i meant str as only using GoF in whether it's mass, 1v1 or so) but i meant that it's a fight build, where you have the opportunity to deal damage in different ways and the cd's kinda match for it, and makes up for the seeker lazy skills, so i just mentioned it for the beginners out there no need to rage :)
and about the genies sure dex/full mag+vit genie is better in 1v1 against sins and bm's, situationally also against psies/wizards (if they have occult genie, the reason i am using str genie is cause of cheap relentless courage lvl 1, tangling mire which is awesome for my gemini slash damage and cloud erruption which u also need so often, usually when they attack your crystal and u r chi-less and, then i also have AD , occult and fortify lvl 1 and some star turtle orbs and still im farming for better r8, right now i got only 22 def lvls on it.
Last Edit: Aug 22, 2013, 03:00 am by rainlu

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
though i don't like playing seeker , this guide is interesting and make me regret deleting my 142 seeker T_T. guess i'll make another one when i have time and try this out. Although for the mass pk bit , i dunno much 'bout seekers but i think full str range type is more viable since Pro Squads do AA/Focus attack everytime.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
I have a hard time taking this guide seriously. My seeker in full r8 has 96 def lvls. The minute another squad sees themselves getting hit by the painfully obvious AOE seeker skill graphics, you become nothing more than a walking bullseye. I'd much sooner have the edge of survivability, rather than a "potential" aps burst. And if we really want to talk about burst damage, a seeker in mass PK, standing at the back end of the pack, can 1shot a lot of different classes. Me personally, ive hit BM's for 72k+, Sins for 65K+, AA classes, if you rely on a stand back and pick your target tactic, will usually crumble fairly easily, and one time I even hit a barb for nearly 100k with a full str r8 seeker. I fail to see the viability of a HA/LA hybrid, when the class was designed to be a "Hit like a truck, but hit slowly" class. All youre doing is decreasing your top end output (and yes the decrease will NOT be made up for by having a slightly higher aps) while at the same time lowering your overall survival. This just doesnt seem like a good idea.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!
I have a hard time taking this guide seriously. My seeker in full r8 has 96 def lvls. The minute another squad sees themselves getting hit by the painfully obvious AOE seeker skill graphics, you become nothing more than a walking bullseye. I'd much sooner have the edge of survivability, rather than a "potential" aps burst. And if we really want to talk about burst damage, a seeker in mass PK, standing at the back end of the pack, can 1shot a lot of different classes. Me personally, ive hit BM's for 72k+, Sins for 65K+, AA classes, if you rely on a stand back and pick your target tactic, will usually crumble fairly easily, and one time I even hit a barb for nearly 100k with a full str r8 seeker. I fail to see the viability of a HA/LA hybrid, when the class was designed to be a "Hit like a truck, but hit slowly" class. All youre doing is decreasing your top end output (and yes the decrease will NOT be made up for by having a slightly higher aps) while at the same time lowering your overall survival. This just doesnt seem like a good idea.
+100 this from epicseeker
150 R 8 Seeker                                                          150 R 8 Veno                                                              150 Dragon Cleric                                                           150 Dragon Barb                                                        150 Dragon Sin

Offline Fortify

that's not good, in mass pk , only barbs can really tank, you never know how many of your teammates will drop in X ammount of time , and how many enemies will come in Y amount of time, when they appear r8 isn't going to help you...
2.relentless courage costs almost nothing , and you can spamm it every 30 sec, and in mean time you you still can kill with tangling mire or occult...

after that you die or you run back but you could drop 2 targets if you did it well.
switching gears isn't gonna help u in mass PK for surivability...
i mentioned it nly cause it adds atk levels which after all is the killability.

No. bye. This is a bad adaptation to a aps 1v1 guide.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
only barbs can really tank,

That is completely insulting. '-' You don't have to be a barb to tank, you just have to know what you are doing. And barbs aren't invincible, they can be killed quite easily depending on their build.

[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline titiemonster

• BlaBlaBlue :3
  • *Ebil laugh * BUAHAHAHAHAH
can u tell me ur genie skills ( all of em ) and ur attributes without gear ? i asked Vermilion he told me that he is hybrid too but idk how many pts i put in str and dex , make them both equal ? or more in str ?

BUAHAHAHAHA
titiemonster 150-sage seeker