Epic Perfect World

Enable bramble in pk

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
The title pretty much says it. PWE disabled bramble a long time ago in open map pvp and thats their decision. I suggest enabling bramble because:
1.Soul of vengeance works in open map pvp, even though it reflects magic damage too.
2.Name 1 skill other than bramble/bramble hood that doesn't work in pvp. There isn't one, right?
3.Bramble doesn't reflect much damage.
4.Bramble hood does reflect much damage, but it costs 2 sparks, and it can easily be avoided by not attacking player. If you're fighting a smart player, it's basicly a skill only to survive through which you can be stunned. (Like expel, the best example)
5.I don't see a real use of bramble hood in PvE. OK it does cut the damage by 75% but what is the real use of the reflect. With it, bosses reflect like max 40k damage and veno's normal hit on lv150 is 50k.
6.That's the only buff venos have aside from summer sprint, all other classes have at least 2 self buffs that last more than their cooldown time.
7.Even though it doesn't work in pvp, bramble will make you have swords near your name when someone attacks you. Even if you don't enable bramble, at least fix that.

This topic is ONLY about the skill, not about the werefoxes or any other class. I don't want people QQing over other venomancer skills. Also, I do realise all people that don't play venos will be against it but think about one of your crucial skills (meaning bramble hood here) getting disabled in pvp. For example, occult ice, since it has been suggested.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
The title pretty much says it. PWE disabled bramble a long time ago in open map pvp and thats their decision. I suggest enabling bramble because:
1.Soul of vengeance works in open map pvp, even though it reflects magic damage too.
2.Name 1 skill other than bramble/bramble hood that doesn't work in pvp. There isn't one, right?
4.Bramble hood does reflect much damage, but it costs 2 sparks, and it can easily be avoided by not attacking player. If you're fighting a smart player, it's basicly a skill only to survive through which you can be stunned. (Like expel, the best example)
5.I don't see a real use of bramble hood in PvE. OK it does cut the damage by 75% but what is the real use of the reflect. With it, bosses reflect like max 40k damage and veno's normal hit on lv150 is 50k.
6.That's the only buff venos have aside from summer sprint, all other classes have at least 2 self buffs that last more than their cooldown time.
7.Even though it doesn't work in pvp, bramble will make you have swords near your name when someone attacks you. Even if you don't enable bramble, at least fix that.

This topic is ONLY about the skill, not about the werefoxes or any other class. I don't want people QQing over other venomancer skills. Also, I do realise all people that don't play venos will be against it but think about one of your crucial skills (meaning bramble hood here) getting disabled in pvp. For example, occult ice, since it has been suggested.
2. Genie reflect skill but I am sure there is more
3. 75% reflected melee damage is not much? come on, it's ridiculously high

Bramble either never worked in open PK or worked, but in early 1.1 ?? version and then it was disabled (no source...). The only way to make it work is to switching the world map to full PvP which would remove any use from blue name, so no.

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits

2. Genie reflect skill but I am sure there is more
3. 75% reflected melee damage is not much? come on, it's ridiculously high

Bramble either never worked in open PK or worked, but in early 1.1 ?? version and then it was disabled (no source...). The only way to make it work is to switching the world map to full PvP which would remove any use from blue name, so no.

Ohh, okay. I didn't know it was impossible to revert it except making map full PVP. Anyway, is it possible to make that swords next to your name don't appear when someone attacks you and you're buffed with bramble?

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
is it possible to make that swords next to your name don't appear when someone attacks you and you're buffed with bramble?
Not possible, it's hard-coded.

Offline Pammy

• Old Player
You can`t prevent swords appearing, if you are in white name and you attack someone you get swords for short time.
Deflecting damage counts as other player attack to.

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
If there was a way to lower what bramble reflected in PK and enable it I think it would be a great way for people to counter sins, it would also up the veno population, there are too few!

Offline Delirium

Yup, bramble was nurfed a long time ago, before the Lost Empire expansion I think or with it.
But at that time it was for good reason, I played a veno back then (Those were the days) and my veno would destroy anything and everything, even higher levels had trouble. Anyways it was nurfed because of the low HP pools and lack of charms meant you was killing yourself, couple that with sawfly bleed, the veno could sit there and laugh. (Its also what made the HA/AA very potent)

I know the desicion has been made but venos do need somthing and if the could get there bramble back I'd say go for it but delete the demon version, the demon version is a tad too much, imho.

You can now be excused from the history class. :P

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Yup, bramble was nurfed a long time ago, before the Lost Empire expansion I think or with it.
But at that time it was for good reason, I played a veno back then (Those were the days) and my veno would destroy anything and everything, even higher levels had trouble. Anyways it was nurfed because of the low HP pools and lack of charms meant you was killing yourself, couple that with sawfly bleed, the veno could sit there and laugh. (Its also what made the HA/AA very potent)

I know the desicion has been made but venos do need somthing and if the could get there bramble back I'd say go for it but delete the demon version, the demon version is a tad too much, imho.

You can now be excused from the history class. :P

OMG LOST EMPIRE! Tried to explain before the genie expansion and I had people googling lost city >.<

Thats all I took from that >.<

Also the nix bleed thingy was nerfed

Offline Delirium

OMG LOST EMPIRE! Tried to explain before the genie expansion and I had people googling lost city >.<

Thats all I took from that >.<

Also the nix bleed thingy was nerfed
Yes Lost Empire, wish PW stayed like that. :(

Nix bleed has never been nurfed, it's still glitched or w/e you want to call it to this day. It was the nix bleed/blood imbile and the other skill that was nurfed. The glitch was (Its been fixed now so d/w) that if you pressed all three skills at the same time they would act as one and you litterally oneshot people with just your nix.

P.S Talking from expirience here, the max I managed to do on a player with only the nix was 23k.

Mhm. x'D

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy

I can do better. I can name 3. O:

Heartshatter, Mindshatter, and Soulshatter from the Seeker skill set.

Though those would probably be more OP than bramblehood if they worked in PK tbh.

And about not attacking during bramblehood, that's good for not killing yourself I guess, but unless you holy path / stealth away, you're a sitting duck for 20 seconds. QQ

Offline Delirium

Though those would probably be more OP than bramblehood if they worked in PK tbh.

And about not attacking during bramblehood, that's good for not killing yourself I guess, but unless you holy path / stealth away, you're a sitting duck for 20 seconds. QQ

Those skills we're never meant to work in PvP only to be casted on monsters (Would be amazing if they did *evil grin*), venos skills did work untill they got the boot. :p

Mhm. x'D

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy

I know its irrelivant for us, but STUN!!! :D