Epic Perfect World

Cleric or Mystic???

Offline Syn

• I just came here to have a good time and honestly I am feeling so attacked rn
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
TY for the laugh!

1.3.6 clerics useless????????? LMFAO!

My main is always an cleric on the 1.3 servers.  :rolleyes: I never saw an support cleric on the private servers 1.3

In my opinion clerics were actually better in 1.3 than 1.4, since without the morai skills/79 ones it's hard to win vs any class as an cleric even as pure mag...

Aren't you contradicting yourself there? Anyways, I see it completely the opposite, in 1.3 clerics had very little offensive power and without a 3rd spark it was impossible to kill bms/barbs, adding the 100 skill elven boon was already a huge change because cleric lacked of magical attacks, you only had 3 magic attacks you could cast without chi and it was impossible to chain them due to the cooldowns, and now with the ultraviolet stance it got even better, we can suck up enemies charm hahah.
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic
I would say cleric but then again I have never seriously played mystic before. There are different ways to play cleric.

Full Mage
Pros: Hits hard on LA Classes and some HA Classes. Can take out AA classes too if played correctly.
Cons: Falls pretty easily. But if you use the right skills to defend yourself you can survive just as well as any other character.

Heavy Armor I personally have never tried HA cleric so I am somewhat assuming these.
Pros: Does not fall as easily. Has higher physical defense.
Cons: (I am assuming) Much lower Magic attack, lower channeling speed, takes longer to kill other players.

There are also combinations between those. I am sure there are many other ways to play cleric.
If you want to play as full support cleric I would suggest sage Heavy Armor. If you want to play as full attack cleric I would suggest demon full mage. I play sage full mage and I can easily switch between support and attack.

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
From my personal experience playing both, assuming that you roll similar DD-type r8 on either one, they both can do disgusting damage, as well as lay down great heals for your squad.  The only drawback while supporting as a mystic is lacking an aoe heal with as much range as chromatic.

While they both can excel at healing AND damage, a cleric will have a slight support advantage due to buffs and a better aoe heal.  A mystic can still do it almost as well, while doing better damage vs most arcane classes.  However, this is debatable due to metalmage skills.

The play style is different, but I can say that a cleric can usually support better.  Due to channeling, a mystic would have an easier time DDing in most cases.  Still, the damage evens out fairly well.  There is no right answer unless you have a specific goal/play style you wish to achieve.  You can succeed as both.

Touching back on what someone said in a previous post, you can heal and DD as either one in mass pk, but when you're getting focused; the class with a faster heal might serve you a bit better.  I don't even enter metalmage mode in large fights when I play DoctorCynix.  Way too much focus.  A mystic on the other hand maintains access to all of their DD skills while still having an instant heal.  In a mass pk environment, it is easier to be a DD mystic than a DD cleric.

Still, I can't give much more insight without knowing what you'd like to do in more detail.  Hope that helps.

In my opinion:                   Damage                                                        Supporting

Small scale grouped pk:    Metal Mage > Mystic                                      Cleric > Mystic
Large scale Mass Pk:        Mystic > Cleric                                               Cleric > Mystic
PvE:                             Mystic > Cleric                                               Shouldn't matter much

While they can both succeed at both tasks in any of these cases, one tends to have an advantage.  However, this does not stop an extraordinary player from proving my opinion to be false.

1v1:                                 They can both destroy any class if played properly, but fighting each other; a mystic tends to win.
Last Edit: Aug 13, 2013, 02:20 am by Cynix
I'm basically 40

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
awesome insight
good read. 
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction