Epic Perfect World

Cleric or Mystic???

Offline pyukoz12

I've been thinking what magic class should i make...can u give some pros and cons on clerics and mystics???
TY VERY MUCH!!! :monkey-46: :monkey-46: :monkey-46: :monkey-46: :monkey-46: :monkey-46: :monkey-46: :monkey-46:

LaceyPip

This might be of good help to you.  I am sure you will learn from this which class will be more your style to play.

http://epicpw.com/guides/cleric/

Soleil   -    http://epicpw.com/suggestions-4/new-class-guides-please-)/msg91613/#msg91613
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1015511

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction
Cleric = More Supporting skills and less Dding skills but clerics can DD if needed to but dont expect to drop classes fast or with ease unless u have help of some sort

Mystic = A support type class that doesnt need people to kill but  it doesnt have that much "supporting skills" to help allies

BASICALLY

Cleric if u want to MAINLY SUPPORT/healer in battle  and not really care about dding

AND

MYSTIC if u want to be the 2nd supporter/healer in battle and still have some DD capability

Offline Tenashi

Cleric = More Supporting skills and less Dding skills but clerics can DD if needed to but dont expect to drop classes fast or with ease unless u have help of some sort

Mystic = A support type class that doesnt need people to kill but  it doesnt have that much "supporting skills" to help allies

BASICALLY

Cleric if u want to MAINLY SUPPORT/healer in battle  and not really care about dding

AND

MYSTIC if u want to be the 2nd supporter/healer in battle and still have some DD capability

Ummm Clerics can do quite a bit of damage their not just for support they can also DD

Offline Syn

• I just came here to have a good time and honestly I am feeling so attacked rn

That's actually far from true. We can aoe sleep in a small range, reduce enemies defenses and attack rate/channeling, also we can reduce their physical attack and magical attack (all of these aoe), we can aoe heal (not as good as cleric though), our heal is quite op (in holy it has 25% chance to remove conditions). Then we have the HoT heal that triggers when attacked, and also we have many ways to crowd control enemies while dealing damage. Plus one of our pets has 3 kinds of shields which can be used on an ally. Now, it's another thing that mystic players tend to just spam damage skills and barely use flowers or aid their allies, but mystic itself can be really competent as a supporting class.
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Well, Mystics were supposed to be a "Jack of All Trades" class. Having both qualities of a veno and cleric, but not fully either. To be completely honest, that is all a lie. Mystics can both handle themselves quite easily solo, and also be a complete support class. My main was a mystic, and was used in place of a cleric in most GVs that I participated in. If you're looking to abuse your class benefits go roll a demon mystic.

I don't know much about clerics, so I won't say anything as to avoid giving you the wrong answer.
  :-X

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
A cleric not in support mode/build hits pretty hard. I wouldn't dismiss it.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team

Them metal mages.  :'(

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Syn

• I just came here to have a good time and honestly I am feeling so attacked rn

Yeah, clerics in 1.3.6 are practically useless if you wanna 1 vs 1, they're only useful for mass pvp support. But since they added the 79 and 100 skills plus the morai skills, clerics have become really powerful, I'm glad PWE decided to make that change, because I love 1 vs 1 with cleric!
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction
Ummm Clerics can do quite a bit of damage their not just for support they can also DD

im well aware they can DD
"Cleric = More Supporting skills and less Dding skills but clerics can DD if needed"

only classes they dropping solo is prolly a sin or ea(not sure if they can kill seeker)...they aint droppin no other class solo(unless the person sucks or the ep op ct gear type)

That's actually far from true. We can aoe sleep in a small range, reduce enemies defenses and attack rate/channeling...etc etc

Thats actually very true..totally forgot about their support pet 

but most mystics like u said dont go full support..they dd/heal

Offline shyamsom008

• gentleman
both mystics and cleric can heal/DD depends how u build ur toon :D
$y@M

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
i play cleric it's fun but i die too fast. x.x  :sad:
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Maok

i play cleric it's fun but i die too fast. x.x  :sad:

Who's fault is that huh?  :rolleyes:

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
Yeah, clerics in 1.3.6 are practically useless if you wanna 1 vs 1, they're only useful for mass pvp support. But since they added the 79 and 100 skills plus the morai skills, clerics have become really powerful, I'm glad PWE decided to make that change, because I love 1 vs 1 with cleric!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
TY for the laugh!

1.3.6 clerics useless????????? LMFAO!

My main is always an cleric on the 1.3 servers.  :rolleyes: I never saw an support cleric on the private servers 1.3

In my opinion clerics were actually better in 1.3 than 1.4, since without the morai skills/79 ones it's hard to win vs any class as an cleric even as pure mag...

Offline Euikon

• Forum Veteran
Sage mystic >ep  in mass PK