Epic Perfect World

Poll

Should old bronze coins have a timer before picking becomes free for all?

Yes.
50 (73.5%)
No.
18 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Old Bronze Coin drops.

Offline Nicolle

• Old Player
  • No
  • Faction: Artifex
No I wouldn't take it, I like to actually earn mine. If someone else wants it, let them have it.  :normal-1:

I think most of the players would take them,but it's not like they would admit.

:-\
 :monkey-4:

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
YES to this !! the coin should go to the person who gets the kill not the NS vultures :monkey-42:
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

Offline Escorian

• Old Player
This is true, let's not forget, NS was designed to be a PvEvP ambient. I do the same thing as this guy does, I go there, kill people steal their OBC and go bank them. This is some peoples' way of farming, like mine, by doing what feone said, many people will stop going to NS. :x

You are misunderstanding what he is asking to be added is a timer after the items drop out of inventory for the person who killed the player so vultures can't come in and steal the drops.

I agree add a timer.

Ty Chiibi for the great Avatar and Siggy <3

Vote for your favorite smiley.

http://epicpw.com/general-discussion/what-is-your-favorite-smiley/

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
No, that would actually ruin the purpose of NS, cuz that way the person dies, respawn, flies, accelerate, and pick up the coins again like nothing happened. Might as well keep it as it is, or just add like 10 secs timer if not less.
The person wouldn't be able to make it back in time, even with the normal timer.

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Escorian

• Old Player
No, that would actually ruin the purpose of NS, cuz that way the person dies, respawn, flies, accelerate, and pick up the coins again like nothing happened. Might as well keep it as it is, or just add like 10 secs timer if not less.

.... The timer would be for everyone except the person who killed the player the same exact timer that is on mob drops. You kill a mob and only the player/party can get the drops.

Ty Chiibi for the great Avatar and Siggy <3

Vote for your favorite smiley.

http://epicpw.com/general-discussion/what-is-your-favorite-smiley/

Offline Nicolle

• Old Player
  • No
  • Faction: Artifex
Oh gosh.
Everything is fine as it is.

Offline Lyra

• Haters gonna hate!
I voted no. I voted no because that kind of just defeats the purpose all together of a few things, in my opinion. One being that its a PK area. No, I dont farm the people farming. But I find it fun to go after the people that steal my drops. Just makes it more fun; less boring than hours and hours of straight farming. And if the case were what you were asking, people would swoop in and take the kill shot from farmers just to get the OBC. The way it is now gives the person actually doing the work a chance to get it before someone swoops in and gets the kill before they can and bank someone else's earned OBC.

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
People steal my PK drops all the time. It's the most infuriating thing ever. :(

Offline Lyra

• Haters gonna hate!
People steal my PK drops all the time. It's the most infuriating thing ever. :(

That's how PW has always been in PK. The drops have never had a timer on them and just anyone can pick them up. It spices PK up. You kill someone, someone else steals the drops from you, you get to PK them too. It's fun. lol

Offline cloudsquall

personally i guess tht some bosses in events are very hard to be soloed so even if u get the kill prolly even other pple sd have workd on it so why don't letting other pple who actually worked on tht boss pickin coins? on the other hand ofc u will have lazy pple who only sits and watches in my opinion (if it is possible) there sd be a timer but not for the only one gettin the kill but for those who made at least 10% of dmg to the boss

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

How on earth would it ruin the purpose?  We're talking about the EC going to the player MAKING the kill, not the one dropping the EC.  It's  not a 1 hour timer. Something like 10 seconds would be enough. If someone makes a kill & then gets killed themselves the time just that takes is easily enough to make that timer run out.

It gets rather tiring to have a swarm of dropstealers hovering over every fight waiting to jump down at the last second to pick EC.  Sins etc will have no problem taking their EC most of the time but good luck for a ranged class that has to keep some distance. The thieves just hover out of aoe range, drop down at last second and stand right next to the target as it dies, a ranged/mage won't ever get to the drops in time.

Also, GM's, please remove the derail attempts for once instead of locking a topic, it's ridiculous that trolls get the power to lock any topic of their choice.

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
Also, GM's, please remove the derail attempts for once instead of locking a topic, it's ridiculous that trolls get the power to lock any topic of their choice.

Trolls will always try to abuse that. They seem to find enjoyment in ruining every discussion that could potentially make this server a little nicer for everyone. Then again most of the people who would try to derail, hijack, and destroy a thread such as this one, are the people who are the most shamelessly guilty of ghouling kills at any mass PK area. The effort required to kill a thread with a valid topic, is still less than having to do the leg work required to farm for themselves. It's pathetic, but since it takes less effort to just lock a thread, instead of moderating the douche bags, they usually get what they want.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

LaceyPip

How on earth would it ruin the purpose?  We're talking about the EC going to the player MAKING the kill, not the one dropping the EC.  It's  not a 1 hour timer. Something like 10 seconds would be enough. If someone makes a kill & then gets killed themselves the time just that takes is easily enough to make that timer run out.

It gets rather tiring to have a swarm of dropstealers hovering over every fight waiting to jump down at the last second to pick EC.  Sins etc will have no problem taking their EC most of the time but good luck for a ranged class that has to keep some distance. The thieves just hover out of aoe range, drop down at last second and stand right next to the target as it dies, a ranged/mage won't ever get to the drops in time.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
So from wha ti got its simple and people are taking it the wrong way.
what feo suggested is not a timer for the item itself but a timer for the person who kils.
for example, im in NS with feo and Aelxypk...feo kills me and i drop 2 Bronze ec's...the timer will activate so that feo CAN pick the drop and Aelxypk CAN'T...
this way people won't steal a drop that actually belongs to a person who had the effort to kill someone.

kinda makes sense to me  :rolleyes:
need to wait and see what Agatio decides though ^^

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
I stopped reading the comments, because I got cancer from the people who don't seem to understand what Feo is saying. The timer would be for the person whoever killed whatever the OBC dropped from. It would not defeat the purpose of NS. The purpose of NS is a gamble. You go in farm EC and will have to defend yourself to stay alive if someone attacks you. Going in and stealing drops from something/someone you did not kill is not the purpose of NS. That's just you being lazy. Yes I agree we need this for people like slickZ or other barbs who have a crapload of HP run around in tiger/panda mode stealing ec drops. That's not the purpose of NS that's under the category of trolling. (I would know *cough*) Let me move that file because it was put in the wrong place.
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.