Epic Perfect World

Endless PVP nerf discussion

Offline Ajla

• Ajla
  • Characters: Anaire - Jargja
  • Faction: Artifex
Like most of u already saw on here nearly every topic (beginning or ending) is about nerf certain classes in PVP.
Getting kinda tired of endless QQ about it. Looks like u all spend more time nagging about a nerf for classes then actually try and fight them in pvp. Some of the people who i see asking for a nerf i never even saw in pk before or 10 min max.
All classes have cons and pro's, learn while doing it, learn how to play ur class, play the class for what it was made for and stop the begging for nerf pls. Everyone here has decent gear and can go for the build he/she chooses.
Don't go complaining if ur a magic class and u die from a physical class visa versa, they are weakness of eachother so yeah its logic hits of a contreversial class hits high damage on u :o
For me u guys endless complaining about other classes is just cause u can't fight or play that certain class urself.
Like they said already they have no intentions in nerfing classes so why bring it up in every topic..

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
On the Occult Ice note, I play a seeker and can flatten sins easy, I play a sin and refuse to Occult Ice, both I can effectivly pk as.

My problem with sins and Occult Ice is that it makes an unbreakable stun/sleep/OI lock that just keeps me getting ticked unless I have someone as backup to stun them.

I dont want sins nerfed, just take away Occult Ice, I dont even know why fire is QQing at me, he uses relentless courage and one of his 5 or so stuns, so why he needs OI I dont even get.

But you will always have a PvP nerfing discussion, there will always be fors and againsts, but the discussions go on when one side refuses to see the facs, and at the same time wont provide any relevent ones.

Psychics (or sins) for example, people come up with legitimate ways to nerf them slightly so they dont dominate, and people turn it into this, its the end of the world thing. All the nerf discussions start off as are simple ideas as to how to adjust the balance of pk so its fairer for all :)

Offline Ajla

• Ajla
And thats what i mean, theres always something people are gonna want to change in a certain class. Therefor let it be.
If u agree on putting on a nerf for one class, next day it will be another. Like i said before some classes where put up for DD, others tank, others support. U choose a class, u can put any skill on the genie u want, all u need to do is spice up ur fighting pvp tactics. There are already skills for genie only certain classes can use, im sure the creators of pwi knew what they did.

And tbh im sure that if every person in the real PWI, all had R9 with +12 shards people would have the same problems but that was the intention at the end anyway not?
Over here u have a privat server which is comparable to my example, so asking for nerf is showing others weakness against a certain class and the lack of knowledge to fight one.
Ur topic had the name 'idea how to nerf a sin' so u do want it to be nerfed. Im also not firesin, he's in titel to his own replies and opinions.
All i wanted to say is 'stop the begging for nerf cause its an endless discussion anyway'

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
I'm not begging for a nerf in any way, I was merely suggestion to agatio a way that would balance things out abit, PK is fun, when people dont cause drama after it, but it is no fun sitting in a stun lock watchign a brand new charm die bit by bit!

Anyway i've suggested what I want, ive formed my arguments and the replies ive got instead of a deconstruction of my arguments to argue the details I was presenting i've gotten either don't QQ or learn to play your class better.

I'll let stud take over, he seems to have fun with this!

Offline Nexus

well I also suggested some things about sins but its not really QQ or whatever, its a suggestion which was why its in the suggestion forum so if he didn't want us to make suggestion there would not be one.  For the most part I can handle sins on my own just when it comes down to ganking maybe not so much and I have to play defensive.  Psychics were already nerfed so their soul skills wouldn't be super super OP by removing the demon/sage skill (again, which I agree with and I'm a psychic).  The main thing im suggesting would be take away demon/sage skill focused mind and tidal protection because with 40k+ HP on a sin and they have all those evade damage/stun and if you get close to killing them you always end up hitting 1 1 1 1 1 and then they force stealth.  Again they are killable but just telling someone to learn their class might not be the issue because what are you supposed to do against a sin that just stealths everytime he is about to die?  It becomes and endless cycle, if the sin is good.
SOLUTION: add +31 stealth detection pots (if those particular skills cant be taken away)
Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:40 pm by Nexus

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
  • *lalalala* Sins are OP *lalalala*
So I went ahead and took the privilege of copying my reasons as to why Sins are OP. Note that I have played a barb, an archer and a sin in this server. I'll be the first to admit my own class IS OP. Barbs are OP, before a sin bashes me on that.

Let's list the reasons why they have so many advantages.

1) Buffs: Tidal protection - basically drops any chance of stunning them by 50% at lvl 10. Deaden Nerve - you can't one-shot them.

2) The very fact that they have skills that give them so much chi. Inner harmony, free two sparks just by clicking. Rising dragon, free spark and a half. Tackling slash, an IMMOBILIZE AND 50 chi. What other class has a skill that immobilizes you AND gives them free chi? None lol. Shadow escape, basically saves your ass AND gives you a spark.

3) The many skills sins have to stun-lock a player. Headhunt - 5 second stun, 6 if you're demon. Shadow Teleport - 3 second stun, 5 if you're demon. Deep sting - 5 second sleep. Throat-cut - 4 second silence. Occult ice - we all know this one. And I mentioned tackling slash. That would be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6? The very fact that ALL their stuns, asides from head hunt and shadow teleport, can overlap each other making stun locking easy-peezy.

4) If all the above fails a sin due to their own stupidity and lame ass skill, they can always use shadow escape and get a free spark. Then wait for skill cooldowns and try again.

5) The added APS just made it a whole lot easier for a sin to take down any class. Just by stun-lock and auto-attacking EQUALLY geared arcane/light armor classes, a sin can roll right through their hp. You might say, "oh but Zai, they can use expel". Err yeah. If you're a sin and you can't stun-lock through expel, then you clearly suck lol. Actually you don't even need to stun-lock through expel. Just wait for expel to wear off and off you go at stun-locking.

The very fact that I was able to kill a 150 sage barb in tiger form using my 145 nirvana geared sin, makes them ridiculously OP. And we all know that sage barbs in tiger form are by far one of the MOST tankiest classes.

Now if you STILL don't think sins are OP, you're probably a sin that's in denial saying to yourself, "Herp derp, I only win due to my l33t skillz in pk and not because I can triple spark 4-5 times in a row in less than a minute."  ;D

I look forward to anyone that can come up with reasons as to why my list is stupid and not accurate.

Zaibeast - 150 Demon Barbarian
Dynasti - 150 Demon Archer
Peekabooo - 150 Demon Assassin
Peekabam - 150 Sage Psychic

Offline thedevilhunter

• Pff just a perv
  • Fight fire with fire
Like most of u already saw on here nearly every topic (beginning or ending) is about nerf certain classes in PVP.
Getting kinda tired of endless QQ about it. Looks like u all spend more time nagging about a nerf for classes then actually try and fight them in pvp. Some of the people who i see asking for a nerf i never even saw in pk before or 10 min max.
All classes have cons and pro's, learn while doing it, learn how to play ur class, play the class for what it was made for and stop the begging for nerf pls. Everyone here has decent gear and can go for the build he/she chooses.
Don't go complaining if ur a magic class and u die from a physical class visa versa, they are weakness of eachother so yeah its logic hits of a contreversial class hits high damage on u :o
For me u guys endless complaining about other classes is just cause u can't fight or play that certain class urself.
Like they said already they have no intentions in nerfing classes so why bring it up in every topic..

Thank you, well said.

Events won: 10.
5 Gms event,5NH event,
Events lost: 0

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Now if you STILL don't think sins are OP, you're probably a sin that's in denial saying to yourself, "Herp derp, I only win due to my l33t skillz in pk and not because I can triple spark 4-5 times in a row in less than a minute."  ;D
Zai, fire is lost for words, since when were you a psychic!

Anyway, that list is so true, I still think that they can keep demon/sage things, lets only tweak a little at a time, thats why I suggested Occult Ice. See what I dont get is why fire is complaining when he has relentless courage instead, just stun and use it and you win. I guess there is never enough stuns for sins...

Funniest thing happened, while I was being teleported inside a statue fire ganked me, unbuffed so I had no hope, and he OI'd me to freeze me... I mean I was standing still, talking to Charlie/Swampy/Echo at the time o.0
Headhunt would have been so much easier, but anyway, sleep time!

Offline AgnusDei

now Occult Ice is at stake lol , well poor genie >.< ..well if OI will be removed (really far from reality tho ..) remove Expel too.. that is.
-looks can kill xD

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
So I have yet had anyone made a counter-argument to my post, including the ones that stubbornly and ridiculously argue that sins aren't OP. **rolls-eyes** stilll waittttttinnnnnngggggg. lawl
now Occult Ice is at stake lol , well poor genie >.< ..well if OI will be removed (really far from reality tho ..) remove Expel too.. that is.

though removing expel would nerf some classes like psy and such but it would completely screw over wizards who have no way to respond to all the crowd control skills sins have...

Offline Ajla

• Ajla
1. in a 1vs1 a sin has advantages due to high damage, but like i said, thats the main reason on the class, high DD

2. any magic class can hit 24k on my sin, it has 38k hp, so why the talking about u not being able to one shot it cause of the buff dead 'n nerves? its a 3 shot then which is easily given when u occult a sin

3. talking about buffs of a sin being to op when a barb can increase its hp till 75K (try one shot that) which is related to my point 2. every class has its buffs to benefit so don't complain bout one class in specific

4. i made this topic cause if they nerf sins, next week it will be a drama about another class u are having troubles with in pk

5. just like an archer we are light geared and used like toiletpaper in a gang that is

6. idk why i even bother, like i said its endless discussion anyway...

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
1. in a 1vs1 a sin has advantages due to high damage, but like i said, thats the main reason on the class, high DD

2. any magic class can hit 24k on my sin, it has 38k hp, so why the talking about u not being able to one shot it cause of the buff dead 'n nerves? its a 3 shot then which is easily given when u occult a sin

3. talking about buffs of a sin being to op when a barb can increase its hp till 75K (try one shot that) which is related to my point 2. every class has its buffs to benefit so don't complain bout one class in specific

4. i made this topic cause if they nerf sins, next week it will be a drama about another class u are having troubles with in pk

5. just like an archer we are light geared and used like toiletpaper in a gang that is

6. idk why i even bother, like i said its endless discussion anyway...

1) high damage paired with stun-locking capabilities so the opposing class CANNOT retaliate while you run through their hp. Sure high damage is kewl, but the fact that you can still immobilize while maintaining that high damage indefinitely? Now, THAT'S OP.

2) 24k? what chu talking about gurl? Now if you're telling a magic class to triple and waste all their chi to hit those numbers, then okaaaiiiii. I have never ever ever ever ever been 3- shotted on my sin unless it was another class triple sparked on me. Even without triple spark, magic classes NEED to pile a few debuffs and pray for a crit.

3) The difference in buffs is the very fact that tideborn classes have their own specified SELF-BUFFS while Barbs on the other-hand can give those buffs to other classes including tideborn.

4) Naw, I think I pk enough. And the only classes that do need nerfing are sins and psychics and I'll throw in barbs. I'll put a post about psychics but I think the whole world knows about them. We tried to make a post on barbs but agatio told us no. And soo we decided that since 90% of the server plays a sin, might as well try to nerf that one first :D

5) oh ho ho ho don't compare sins to archers. Sins have something archers don't have. STEALTH! BOO-YAA! Oh and BUFFS that either halves a negative status chance or a 1/4 chance to evade an attack. And that's not even considering the demon/sage version of those buffs. What do archers have? Wellllll you do have wings of grace but that shiz cost like a spark.

6) It's an endless discussion because people can't suck it up and admit they are wrong and blatantly choose to ignore reason and logic.

i luvs you jarjar  ;D

Offline Ajla

• Ajla
Last thing to say is different people talked to agatio and he isn't intending to nerf any classes thats why i made this topic  ;D

Offline Nexus

Last thing to say is different people talked to agatio and he isn't intending to nerf any classes thats why i made this topic  ;D

I think he said "for now"