Epic Perfect World

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Why the heck people are trying to farm posts and are blaming other people of it?
Lol who the fck cares about number of posts anyway.
No reward for getting set amount of posts or something.

Panda_monium

i have no clue. something out of boredom?

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
seems everyone wants to be forum veteran.. why? idk since its comic sans. :'(

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Im forum veteran and I dont feel different than I felt when I had <500 posts.
Probly theres something wrong with me.
And words "post farmer" in EPW started to sound like an insult.

Tali

This isn't even my final form.

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
People do it to get cool coloured names D:

Antihero

They think it makes them look cool. I guess they think reaching a certain post count is going to somehow earn them a prize or acceptance from everyone else. It's just another stupid trend that probably won't go away.
Ew. I personaly think it's just cause of boredoom, and since the forum became famous with useless threads, or usefull ones people just comment it lol.

Like me now.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
There are some people who will always be that way. Finding the way to make them known to everyone on a community. It doesn't matter how many posts a person has, what matters is the quality of what that person has to say. There are people who have those colored names who have made proper contributions to these forums with their opinions and then there are some who just spam just for the 'achievement'. I personally don't see it as an achievement to just spam posts in every thread, and I dislike posting in a topic multiple times and much prefer to carry on a convo using PMs (but barely anyone responds to those).

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
[move] It doesn't matter how many posts a person has, what matters is the quality of what that person has to say. [/move]

I felt that wasn't big enough :l. It would be nice if something could be added like depending on how many people like or +1 your post (would be a button of course) and depending on the number you get would decide your title. I think I'm about to start a rage fest... I should probably go into hiding now.
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

Tali

I felt that wasn't big enough :l. It would be nice if something could be added like depending on how many people like or +1 your post (would be a button of course) and depending on the number you get would decide your title. I think I'm about to start a rage fest... I should probably go into hiding now.

Karma system. If it gets to -50 you get insta-banned.

Implement, go.

Antihero

PWV had something like that, but subsequently removed it. It would just be people in these little cliques stroking each others' epeens and spamming "Thumbs Down" to whoever calls them out on their crap or says something that doesn't stroke their unwarranted ego or align with their misguided views.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks

I quite agree with this and what Tali has said, the last big forum I was part of  had a system that didn't auto-ban you, but restricted your posting powers depending on how many -'s you got. However, this is something that could be abused by people trolls so if something like this were implemented, a rep limit would also have to be used.

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
PWV had something like that, but subsequently removed it.It would just be people in these little cliques stroking each others' epeens and spamming "Thumbs Down" to whoever calls them out on their crap or says something that doesn't stroke their unwarranted ego or align with their misguided views.

^This

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
I quite agree with this and what Tali has said, the last big forum I was part of  had a system that didn't auto-ban you, but restricted your posting powers depending on how many -'s you got. However, this is something that could be abused by people trolls so if something like this were implemented, a rep limit would also have to be used.

They use a system like this on TERA: Rising's forums. Let me just say, their forums are loads cleaner than ours and I would personally love to see EPW using it.

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37: